• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

it's not that I hate handcuffs I just hate that it is the ending song when Archers should be the closer

I agree. As a song in its own it isn't dreadful it just doesn't feel right on that record, especially as the closer.

Best track on Devil and God is Limousine and that's not a discussion.

kiguel182

You are all wrong, Degausser is the best track on that record.

I would accept You Won't Know too.

EDIT: Also, I love that after the intensity of Archers and the record in general we just end with Jesse softly saying it's hard to be the better man.

EDIT2: No Brand New record this year. Also, since timing is everything, they will play Devil And God start to finish in their next tour.

imBask

Banned
The best track on Devil and God is the one where you click the stop button and click play on Deja Entendu

i'm kidding the correct answer is You Won't Know

Does anyone else listen to the Washed Up emo podcast? I downloaded a few episodes today to listen to on my trip next weekend. So far I've found them pretty interesting.

I'm seeing Donovan Wolfington this week and then Dowsing and Ratboys in a couple weeks. Good times coming up!

olympia

washed up is great

speaking of devil and God though

shit: kiguel beat me. Oh well

14468434_10154601403848023_7483336839027591433_o.jpg

I wasn't expecting a new record this year

Degausser owns as well as not the sun

Handcuffs is a dreadful song with dreadful lyrics

I can't believe they are going to be playing Devil and God in its entirety, its probably my second favorite album of all time. I am so much more excited since I have never seen Welcome to Bangkok, Limousine or Archers yet.

I hope the setlist goes something like this:

Sowing Season
Millstone
Jesus
Degausser
You Won't Know
Welcome to Bangkok
Not the Sun
Luca
-
Archers
Handcuffs
----------------------------------------

Mene or I Am a Nightmare
Sink
Gasoline
Tautou->Sic Transit Gloria
70X7
Tommy Gun
Soco Amaretto Lime

Kawl_USC

Well guess I need to listen to the Devil and God. Have only be listening to YFW and Deja as I've been getting into Brand New for the upcoming show.

kiguel182

Not The Sun is an underrated track. Altought I can't understand if e says "babe" or "bait" and I kinda want the lyric book just to find that out.

It's a bummer about the record but I've waited this long I can wait a bit more.

Not The Sun is an underrated track. Altought I can't understand if e says "babe" or "bait" and I kinda want the lyric book just to find that out.

It's a bummer about the record but I've waited this long I can wait a bit more.

Official lyric book from Procrastinate says babe. Just saved you two dollars lol

I have both of the lyric books, they are pretty awesome considering how cheap they are. They also have some small little guitar tabs showing what chords to play for their songs. Proscrastinate also sells these dope pins.

kiguel182

Official lyric book from Procrastinate says babe. Just saved you two dollars lol

I have both of the lyric books, they are pretty awesome considering how cheap they are. They also have some small little guitar tabs showing what chords to play for their songs. Proscrastinate also sells these dope pins.

You are now my favorite Gaf member! It's 8 bucks with shipping to the EU :(

I still might buy it some day. They didn't bring it to Europe when I saw them in Paris.

Edit: Also, I thought it was babe at first but some sites said bait and well, now I've solved my dilemma.

kris.

Banned
honestly i don't expect much from a new brand new album because they'll never ever top TD&G and i wasn't a huge fan of daisy so *shrug*

at least we're getting confirmation that they're for sure breaking up after this

olympia

i really enjoy daisy and i truly feel like people who say they don't like it that much should go back and try it again. there are some seriously amazing tracks on that one. i honestly think they just followed the track set by dng and just pushed it even more with the mood and emotion. vices is a fucking amazing opening jam. gasoline, sink and daisy are all awesome. if you still don't like it then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

my dream brand new setlist includes fork and knife but there is 0% chance they will ever play that at a show

You are now my favorite Gaf member! It's 8 bucks with shipping to the EU :(

I still might buy it some day. They didn't bring it to Europe when I saw them in Paris.

Edit: Also, I thought it was babe at first but some sites said bait and well, now I've solved my dilemma.
: D

IIRC Procrastinate has a EU partner now. I'll try to find it when I get home because I remember r/brandnew was consistently complaining about UK/EU shipping prices.

i really enjoy daisy and i truly feel like people who say they don't like it that much should go back and try it again. there are some seriously amazing tracks on that one. i honestly think they just followed the track set by dng and just pushed it even more with the mood and emotion. vices is a fucking amazing opening jam. gasoline, sink and daisy are all awesome. if you still don't like it then ¯_(ツ)_/¯

my dream brand new setlist includes fork and knife but there is 0% chance they will ever play that at a show
I really disliked Daisy A LOT back when I first listened to it. But leading up to the July 2016 for their first time seeing them, I was listening Daisy a lot because I knew at least 4 songs would be from Daisy. I was totally wrong about Daisy and I like it more than their first album. Sink is in my top 10 easily and Vices, You Stole and Gasoline are highlights. I still don't like Bed or In a Jar tho

And anything is possible with Fork and Knife. Hell, 1996 was played for the first time last tour and i got to see Moshi Moshi. Just gotta believe!

TD&G is far from perfect. As much as I enjoy it but brah the only perfect album is Never Meant by American Sportsball Mike Kinsella Sick Riffer Brah

fite me

i have a bunch of personal perfect albums tho and i can totally see where you're coming from

amerikan football is like a 7 to me tbh

it's great but i'm more of a fan of the albums that were influenced by it

Yeah I feel ya. There is always that like one song that I am like "whyyyyyyyyy" while the album is still a "10/10" it isn't perfect. That is why () by Sigur Ros is for me.

kris.

Banned
i take it back the only truly perfect album ever made is vacation by bomb the music industry

edit: and scrambles too

i never got into A Fire Inside. any recommendations

brothers blood is another 10/10 album for me. woo that shit is great

Start with Art of Drowning or Black Sails, so you can get into their horror punk days, then go to Sing the Sorrow and Decemberunderground (which is really when AFI got labelled emo cuz the way Davey looked) killer album still. Skip Crash Love.

Also check out their super old stuff but after everything else imo

kris.

Banned
i never got into A Fire Inside. any recommendations

brothers blood is another 10/10 album for me. woo that shit is great

their new stuff is really blegh but sing the sorrow, black sails in the sunset, and the art of drowning are all great. plus their really old stuff is neat early 90s hardcore that's worth checking out

we pretty much mirrored advice lol

I actually really enjoy Decemberunderground

Their newest effort was pretty awesome, nowhere near the best but maybe it's because my expectations lowered because of Crash Love

kris.

Banned
i hated decemberunderground :( crash love was also very very very meh and that newest one was okay but nowhere near their early-mid 2000s output

i hated decemberunderground :( crash love was also very very very meh and that newest one was okay but nowhere near their early-mid 2000s output

I used to hate Decemberunderground but now I find I enjoy it immensely.

I would think it would be the other way around too.

But I agree their best was early mid 200s and late 90s

Also they are working on their 10th album which is cool

Actually Sing the Sorrow may be perfect now that I think about it... fuck that is an amazing album

Top Bottom