• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Holy fecking shit, none of these are particularly close to me but I have to go to this tour:
14457494_1211380808884048_7607422933992765670_n.jpg

GOD DAMMIT PUP WHY DO YOU NEVER GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE NORTH EAST

kiguel182

Modern Baseball play in Paris January 26th. Thinking of spending that week there and going to those two shows.

I have friends to crash at but it's still expensive and ugh, I don't know if I can afford that money.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
is that the part where I swoop in and say that the order is all wrong, PUP and TMP should be over The Wonder Years

Oh 100% agree, if I had it my way I'd go TWY->TMP->PUP but hey, it's their show :p

Just waiting on tickets to come out, gonna half to take a half day to go to this one.

imBask

Banned
what's a "CD"? also I ordered a La Dispute shirt, and Deafheaven's store was on the same website so I ordered one too!

what's your top 5 emo bands? like, your personal top of all time, not trying to be objective about it. i'm thinking
1. You Blew It
2. La Dispute
3. Modern Baseball
4. Brand New
5. Football Etc
special shoutout to Real Friends

what's a "CD"?

also I ordered a La Dispute shirt, and Deafheaven's store was on the same website so I ordered one too!

what's your top 5 emo bands? like, your personal top of all time, not trying to be objective about it

Deafheaven and LD have sick merch. I am on La Disputes sub thingy. its cool.

I will stick to trve emo, so i will not include, TA, LD or PBTT.

IN no order:

TWIABP
FOXING
SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE
EVERYONE EVERYWHERE
THE HOTELIER

I much prefer the revival to the oldies

I have a pretty basic as fuck top 5 too for emo

what's a "CD"? also I ordered a La Dispute shirt, and Deafheaven's store was on the same website so I ordered one too!

what's your top 5 emo bands? like, your personal top of all time, not trying to be objective about it. i'm thinking
1. You Blew It
2. La Dispute
3. Modern Baseball
4. Brand New
5. Football Etc
special shoutout to Real Friends

Good list. I want to put La Dispute too but I think of them as more post-hardcore. Also, 5 is not enough.

1. Tigers Jaw
2. Dashboard Confessional
3. American Football
4. You Blew it!
5. Circle Takes the Square

In no order:

Turnover
Modern Baseball
American Football
You Blew It!
Marietta

Brand New is my favourite band of all time but I have a hard time calling them emo.

I too skew towards newer bands.

EDIT: originally had the Hotelier on the list but bumped them for Marietta. Marietta fuckin rule (RIP)

The Hotelier
Mineral
Texas Is The Reason
Jawbreaker
Well Wisher

I'm still sad I couldn't get a Dunk Rock tshirt

This list totally checks out but I'd sub Well Wisher, who I'm not aware of, for the Promise Ring.

But now I have to look into Well Wisher.

And like that, the place I'm at puts on Morrisey.

Kawl_USC

This list totally checks out but I'd sub Well Wisher, who I'm not aware of, for the Promise Ring.

Well I'm sick of your tattoos. And the way you always criticize the Smiths and Morrisey.

I don't think many people know Well Wisher unless they're into the punk scene in the north of the UK circa 2010-2014ish, haha. I was just having trouble thinking of a 5th band, and I've seen them loads, they're great guys and they were very good, so I thought hey why not

olympia

regular emo

jb
titr
jm
bn

I'm more of a skramz screaming type tho:

Hot cross
Saetia
Funeral diner
Orchid
Raein
TA

I'm listening to camp cope again

kris.

Banned
I love when I forget I ordered something and it shows up! So far, not sure if I like it more than Stovall, but I've a lot more listening to do before I know for sure.

vomit is one of my favorite songs this year so i am v pumped for this album.

kris.

Banned
i'm a fan of both tbh

and like i said, the secret best song on TD&G is the second interlude before the archers bows have broken

i'm a fan of both tbh

and like i said, the secret best song on TD&G is the second interlude before the archers bows have broken

there is a difference between good and bad interludes though. same with intros.

They can be done really well but most of the time they seem to be phoned in

Doombear

vomit is one of my favorite songs this year so i am v pumped for this album.

Listened to it a couple times today and don't get me wrong it is great. It is just a little more... hmm... mellow overall? Still an outstanding album, and I agree Vomit is great. I think Drown is my standout song so far.

olympia

i'm a fan of both tbh

same here. i love breakdowns tbh

i'm super thirsty for the new jeff rosenstock. i don't wanna wait another two weeks.

kris.

Banned
there is a difference between good and bad interludes though. same with intros.

They can be done really well but most of the time they seem to be phoned in

very true. the new norma jean has some really neat-sounding interludes but they're like 3 minutes long and totally fuck up the pacing of the album for me. i get where you're coming from.

same here. i love breakdowns tbh

i'm super thirsty for the new jeff rosenstock. i don't wanna wait another two weeks.

YAAAS

i can't wait for my preorder to get here. gonna wear the shirt for days

kiguel182

The last Yellowcard record released today. I'm ready for being hit with nostalgia.

I'll probably listen to Microwave first, I'm really looking forward to that.

I think that's it for me this week.

^ And seasonally appropriate! That shirt rules.

I've gone back to the newest TMP, and at the moment, I'm liking it more than the Hotelier, which I had at the top when we got the 1,2,3 of TMP, Hotelier, Modern Baseball in that super short period of time. I liked the TMP record the least out of the 3.

"Birdhouse" is a monster jam.

Also, how did I miss the absolute best video ever? PUP - DVP

And I'm thoroughly pumping No Matter Where We Go... in preparation. Every now and then, a lyric just sticks in my head. So many of them hit home.

^ And seasonally appropriate! That shirt rules.

I've gone back to the newest TMP, and at the moment, I'm liking it more than the Hotelier, which I had at the top when we got the 1,2,3 of TMP, Hotelier, Modern Baseball in that super short period of time. I liked the TMP record the least out of the 3.

"Birdhouse" is a monster jam.

Also, how did I miss the absolute best video ever? PUP - DVP

And I'm thoroughly pumping No Matter Where We Go... in preparation. Every now and then, a lyric just sticks in my head. So many of them hit home.
It's glow in the dark too, it's rad

Also I think I agree with everything in this post. It's close between TMP and The Hotelier though, might be a mood thing for me

God Fest is going to be so fucking good! I'M NOT FEELING TOO YOUNG THESE DAYS, THIS TIME I'LL MAKE IT SOUND BETTER

I'm gonna use these lists to learn up on what emo is since a lot of the stuff I listen/listened to was more post-hardcore (Thursday) or whatever MCR is. Thank goodness for Google Play family plans lol

I'd definitely put Hotelier, SDRE, and Touché Amoré on my top five. I generally lean towards the more post-hardcore side of the genre, so if Glassjaw counts that too. I'm liking what I'm hearing from La Dispute so far!

kris.

Banned
I'm repping the Rosenstock right now

3xepi0ol.jpg

omfg i love that shirt

i threw in to fund that BTMI! documentary on kickstarter and got that shirt he designed but that's it :( need more death rosenstock merch in my life

I'm gonna use these lists to learn up on what emo is since a lot of the stuff I listen/listened to was more post-hardcore (Thursday) or whatever MCR is. Thank goodness for Google Play family plans lol

I'd definitely put Hotelier, SDRE, and Touché Amoré on my top five. I generally lean towards the more post-hardcore side of the genre, so if Glassjaw counts that too. I'm liking what I'm hearing from La Dispute so far!

jam some get up kids dude. so good.

Top Bottom