• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Doombear

I do get the divided response to the new Joyce album... but holy shit, just got home from the show and the energy they throw into those new songs give them an entirely different feel live. Maybe that's it, for me at least, the polished production. Love, it felt like nothing had changed in the slightest. So so great.

n1BDHDu.jpg

olympia

I do get the divided response to the new Joyce album... but holy shit, just got home from the show and the energy they throw into those new songs give them an entirely different feel live. Maybe that's it, for me at least, the polished production. Love, it felt like nothing had changed in the slightest. So so great.

joyce fucking kicks ass live. i always try to catch them when i get a chance

how was crying? both their album and the new jeff rosenstock comes out next week and i can't contain my excitement

Doombear

Absolutely. It was just pure excitement. We had a blast. So happy I got to see The Hotelier finally as well, they played a great set. Heard most of what I wanted to.

Unfortunately the sound in that theater isn't my favorite. It's pretty bad... and because of it it was almost impossible to hear any vocals from Crying. Really was too bad.

That said they were great but played a pretty short set. I'm with you on the new Jeff Rosenstock album. I even wore my We Cool? shirt tonight XD I can't wait...

I'm really digging the new Joyce Manor album.

It's definitely a jarring listen compared to their previous albums.

I gatta say the transition from their debut to "soon grow tired" was much more radical. A lot of the songs on the new album would feel right at home on "never hungover." To me this album really feels like a continuation of the more polished sound they established on that record. "Last you heard of me" even feels like a sequel to "end of the summer" imo. I've been playing them back to back a lot.

the love for it is what's confusing me :lol

it's boring, generic, shitty pop punk almost made for radio. So far away from the last album which was actually great compared to the one before that

The radio friendly accusation... compared to their last album? Heart tattoo? The jerk? Catalina fight song? I mean heart tattoo is almost literally a Blink 182 song. This is the least their styles have changed album to ablum I think. That's probobly the most underwhelming aspect of it for me despite enjoying it a whole lot.

kiguel182

I'm with you that the transition isn't that jarring. It feels they built on what they had before for sure. I really enjoy it.

Also, I keep liking the new Microwave record more and more.

Doombear

I'd definitely say they count, but how am I supposed to listen this song when I can't stop listening to the new Microwave and Joyce Manor? How? =)

Song isn't bad, a little too far of a departure from Attack on Memory for me, but still a great song.

Is it Jeff Rosenstock time yet? I am not sure how I am supposed to wait... LP should be here on Friday.

REVIEW: Jeff Rosenstock delivers punk rock’s ‘Abbey Road’ with ‘WORRY.’ - Ok, let's do this already.

kiguel182

Looking at release dates, nothing that I know of releases tomorrow. Which is great because I still have some catching up to do.

I haven't listened to the new Yellowcard yet, or the new Sum 41. Altought that last one I'll probably just spin it once and be done with it. New NOFX too.

I also need to check out the new Balance and Composure, anyone here like that?

Next week is classic emo week with a new Jimmy Eat World record AND American Football. Two possible top 10 candidates released in the same day.

Is Robot the only other one going to Fest?

I've been dragging my feet on creating my plan of attack for shows. Friday is locked down, but the rest hasn't been pieced together.

I know I want to see the Jeff Rosenstock Minor Threat cover show.

mattp

i've already listened to this 3 times
its fucking fantastic

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497569715/first-listen-american-football-american-football

I've been dragging my feet on creating my plan of attack for shows. Friday is locked down, but the rest hasn't been pieced together.

i dont really post in here much, but i'm going
went in 2014 too, and it was a blast

All I know is I am not missing The Ergs or Latterman or the Jabber Spice Girls cover set

And I want to see the Chuck Taylor match because Sexy Chuckie T is rad

All I know is I am not missing The Ergs or Latterman or the Jabber Spice Girls cover set

And I want to see the Chuck Taylor match because Sexy Chuckie T is rad

Yeah, that Off With Their Heads / Latterman / Ergs / Propagandhi show is an absolute must. From there, I figure I'll try to get in to see Toys That Kill and cross my fingers for the mystery band, or go see the ska set going on at the High Dive, because ska shows are fuuuuuuuun.

Wooly has a great hardcore show the next day with Coke Bust and War on Women mixed in and capped off by Negative Approach, but I have to do everything in my power to make sure I don't miss Dillinger Four. And Hard Girls later that night!

They're showing that Bomb the Music Industry documentary there.

i've already listened to this 3 times
its fucking fantastic

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497569715/first-listen-american-football-american-football

i dont really post in here much, but i'm going
went in 2014 too, and it was a blast

Thank you for posting that link! I completely missed that. Time to dive in.

Doombear

jesus christ

fest why u gotta be so far away

I know... I'm in Portland. It's so far.

I would love to see Knapsack and Dillinger Four =( ... and Braid, who I haven't seen since like, 1999 at KrazyFest. A few of my friends are going to be playing it though (Sleeptalker and Twelve Hour Turn) and I want to just... hide in the van and sneak across the country.

kris.

Banned
one of my friends was able to get it off the quote unquote site somehow last night and sent me a copy. the error was fixed tho :\

really hoping my vinyl is in the mail tomorrow but usps says not til monday which blows cuz i want to wear that shirt until i die and then be buried in it

olympia

i guess i'll try out cody again while i'm waiting around ����

not emo: the new crying album comes out tonight too and i am beyond pumped for that

kiguel182

Chorus.fm didn't have the new Jeff Rosenstock album in their release dates so I had no idea it was out today. It hasn't unlocked on Apple Music yet but I can't wait.

Potential AOTY incoming!

Edit: It has unlocked! Man, I'm all over the place these days...

kiguel182

This record is so freaking good. Like, everything about it is awesome. The lyrics, the melodies, the guitars, the drum!

What a record. Fuck, I love Jeff.

Doombear

So goddamned good. It's on Spotify too for those that wanna listen there. The seamless transition song to song is great.

Listened to it twice, now I'm listening to the new Crying, and Against Me! after that.

Top Bottom