• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I've not listened to Rosenstock despite him popping up on recommended a lot. Super feeling this new album, I'll go listen to the older stuff after I've gone through this a couple more times and feel ashamed of myself.

I've not listened to Rosenstock despite him popping up on recommended a lot. Super feeling this new album, I'll go listen to the older stuff after I've gone through this a couple more times and feel ashamed of myself.

Wait

Does this mean you haven't listened to Bomb the Music Industry either then?

Fuck dood, you got some catching up to do

Cindres

Wait

Does this mean you haven't listened to Bomb the Music Industry either then?

Fuck dood, you got some catching up to do

Never, I'll add it to the library now to remind myself for later.

Oh and my shame is plastered all over the top of a new thread.

I'm gonna go cry alone in my room.

kiguel182

Listening to Rosenstock for the first time. I'm jealous.

The amount of gut punches you will receive will be high!

Edit: Today I listened to the new Microwave with the lyrics and man, there's some amazing stuff there. That album keeps getting better to me.

kris.

Banned
the entire second half of this album is something else. idk how he can switch between like 4 different genres in the span of 5 minutes and make it feel so seamless. this man is a goddamn genius.

Never, I'll add it to the library now to remind myself for later.

Oh and my shame is plastered all over the top of a new thread.

I'm gonna go cry alone in my room.

raw

SHAME

but really, btmi! are my favorite band of all time and i'm sure you'll love 'em.

Put me in the bucket of fools that are new to Jeff Rosenstock.

Listened to his first two albums earlier this week, got hooked immediately. Looking forward to listening to the new one today.

After new Conor Oberst and Crying.

kris.

Banned
Put me in the bucket of fools that are new to Jeff Rosenstock.

Listened to his first two albums earlier this week, got hooked immediately. Looking forward to listening to the new one today.

After new Conor Oberst and Crying.

deff check out btmi! the older stuff is much more spastic skacore shit that rules but gets progressively more mellow and vacation is the greatest album ever written so ya.

Cindres

I've had Festival Song on repeat all morning after checking out his previous album and some of BTMI's top stuff.

I'm so glad this thread exists.

BTMI! gets into soul and folk, too. Basically, he throws a fuckton of spaghetti against the wall and it's remarkable that it all seems to stick.

Total random unfounded theory: BTMI! will be one of the mystery bands at the Fest this year. My other guess (hope) is that Jesse Michaels comes down to hype up his film, and joins with Hard Girls to reform Classics of Love.

...And I was hyped all week for the release of the new Rosenstock and then promptly forgot to go check it out this morning. Starting now.

kris.

Banned
yea there's a lot of other great stuff that's coming out today that i still need to check out but too busy with worry

BTMI! gets into soul and folk, too. Basically, he throws a fuckton of spaghetti against the wall and it's remarkable that it all seems to stick.

Total random unfounded theory: BTMI! will be one of the mystery bands at the Fest this year. My other guess (hope) is that Jesse Michaels comes down to hype up his film, and joins with Hard Girls to reform Classics of Love.

...And I was hyped all week for the release of the new Rosenstock and then promptly forgot to go check it out this morning. Starting now.

As someone who passed up the opportunity to see BtMI full band before I really knew about them because I'm an idiot, I would love this so fucking much

kris.

Banned
As someone who passed up the opportunity to see BtMI full band before I really knew about them because I'm an idiot, I would love this so fucking much

saw em twice. pray that it happens. first time i saw them was in a tiny basement in lawrence ks with like 100 other people packed in. it was the middle of august so it was humid as fuck and it was one of the best nights of my life tbh.

edit: actually someone got a good 20 minutes of their set on youtube

Who is going to see Brand New, Front Bottoms, and Modern Baseball tonight in Glen Falls???

Here was the setlist from last night if you didn't see it:

The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me
Sowing Season
Millstone
Jesus
Degausser
Limousine (MS Rebridge)
You Won't Know (Tautou bridge)
Welcome to Bangkok
Not the Sun
Luca
Untitled
The Archers Bows Have Broken
Handcuffs

Second Set
Okay I Believe You, but My Tommy Gun Don't
At the Bottom
Gasoline
You Stole
Brothers
I Am a Nightmare
Play Crack the Sky

I am SO FUCKING EXCITED. If we get this exact same setlist I will be ecstatic. I would replace At The Bottom with Bought a Bride and Brothers with 1996 tho. Will try not to cry when Limousine and Archers play. Still haven't seen either of them, and I have been waiting years to see both of them.

olympia

they said that they are playing d&g front to back during the tour so the first half of the set list sounds right

they played most of the bottom ones when I went to see them in Berkeley.

I'm seeing them on Halloween

they said that they are playing d&g front to back during the tour so the first half of the set list sounds right

they played most of the bottom ones when I went to see them in Berkeley.

I'm seeing them on Halloween
Cool!

I am hoping they rotate the seconder frequently so some less popular songs like Noro and 1996 can get the spotlight becauae they were sick live last tour.

How were Sorority Noise? I'm a big convert after never hearing them before this thread.
Fucking incredible. Apart from the bit when they played 20 seconds of Good Things by The Menzingers to remind me that I can't be in two places at once (Menzos were playing Leeds yesterday which I hadn't realised clashed and was planning on going to)

But yeah, I'd highly recommend them. Especially since they opened with Corrigan which I was sad they didn't play last time.

I went back to my hotel after that and didn't watch Turnover because apparently I'm getting old and I was very tired :c

Last day, about to watch The Tuts, then Ben Marwood, then The Xcerts who I am SUPER fucking pumped for

kris.

Banned
Hang on

Kris...babyyyy

...are you secretly Chris Farren?

i'll never tell

farren-chris-image.jpg

btw found my new avatar

btw again my vinyl copy came with a digital download (that's embedded with wildflower seeds which is fucking awesome) and i don't need the dl so if anyone wants to jam to the best album of the year shoot me a message and i'll send you the dl code

kiguel182

From Bang On The Door until the end, the way Rosenstock connects all those songs and jumps trough different punk genres so seamlessly is one of the most genius moments I've ever heard on a record.

I knew the album would be good but damn, this is too much. Going from punk rock to ska to hardcore in one seamless move is genius. I'm still not over it.

The first half of the record is where the strongest individual songs are but the second half is a crazy journey.

From Bang On The Door until the end, the way Rosenstock connects all those songs and jumps trough different punk genres so seamlessly is one of the most genius moments I've ever heard on a record.

I knew the album would be good but damn, this is too much. Going from punk rock to ska to hardcore in one seamless move is genius. I'm still not over it.

The first half of the record is where the strongest individual songs are but the second half is a crazy journey.

Exactly how I feel about it. The first half has the best stand outs, but that second half is like a punk rock buffet table.

Also, that vinyl is pretty purrty. He's coming here the day before the Fest (I'm not doing Pre-Fest) so I'm going to try and pick it up there. The fact that Hard Girls opens has me squirming, already despising the next week and a half. Fingers crossed for a Sorority Noise show semi-local in the near future.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
also not emo at all but i just got tickets to see the dillinger escape plan friday and i'm so goddamn excited. they were one of my favorite bands growing up and i've never gotten to see them til now on their last tour ever.
Yeah, I saw them over the summer and I'm going again next month. Regardless of how much you listen to them now you won't regret it – they always go nuts and put on an amazing show.

Case in point, this classic video.

Crooks released a new song.

It's really good for the different style.

I have been plugging them in here every so often but none of yall ever care :(

kris.

Banned
Yeah, I saw them over the summer and I'm going again next month. Regardless of how much you listen to them now you won't regret it – they always go nuts and put on an amazing show.

Case in point, this classic video.

hahaha yea i remember watching that video in like 2006 and being completely dumbstruck at how a band can perform like that. greg is fucking insane in the best way.

Crooks released a new song.

It's really good for the different style.

I have been plugging them in here every so often but none of yall ever care :(

sry bb i'll check em out like right now swears

Cindres

I wish that dirty bass at the end of We Beggd 2 Explode ran just like 2 bars longer, love that little outro.

kris.

Banned
I WANNA SAY IM JUST PARANOID BUT IM NOT

THERE WAS A BANG ON THE DOOR

THERE WAS A BANG ON THE DOOR

every single song on this album has been stuck in my head for the past week

Kawl_USC

Yo jhonny you going to the foxing/balance and composure show this Friday?

My emobro is out of town and trying to decide if I want to go or not

Top Bottom