• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Translated Japanese Visual Novel/ADV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, not sure if I saw those. How do you get them?

Also, you may be interested in checking out some of the audio drama sequels that were released.

You need to get the true end ( coco) and re do the last day of tsugumi & sora routes after the vid, you get the extra scene

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Good news for School Days fans.

As School Days rapidly nears completion, we at JAST USA are proud to announce the Collector’s Edition of this fantastic game. The Collector’s Edition comes with the following items.

- An original Kotonoha oppai mousepad, with new art drawn by School Days character designer Goto Junji. This mousepad was commissioned expressly for the School Days Limited Edition, and is not available anywhere in Japan.

- An original rubber keychain with “yukkuri” style art of Makoto’s head. This keychain was also commissioned for the Collector’s Edition, and is sure to please fans of the anime.

These two items come together with the DVD case in a Collector’s Edition box.

The price of the Collector’s Edition is $59.95. Click here to order. Preorders will receive free shipping to the United States and $7.50 shipping to international destinations. If you have already preordered School Days HQ, you can go here to order an upgrade. All preorder customers will receive an email in the next several days informing them of this opportunity.

This set will be produced in limited quantity, so this is an opportunity for School Days fans to get some exclusive goods that aren’t available anywhere else. School Days HQ is expected to go Golden Master before the end of the month.

sd_collector_box_jast.jpg

Full CE Packing: http://jastusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/sdce_package_jast.jpg

Is there anything about the eventual release of Saya no Uta from Jast?

Also, how do I cancel my preorders on JAST? I cannot find the link to do so for my current preorders.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I was originally going to wait to buy School Days since I've ordered quite a bit of stuff for June and July, but that CE....

I am weak. I know I'll regret not buying it now in if it runs out of stock.

I was originally going to wait to buy School Days since I've ordered quite a bit of stuff for June and July, but that CE....

I am weak. I know I'll regret not buying it now in if it runs out of stock.

i was at one step from preordering that version and then i recalled that those CE items doesn't appeal to me much .
So i'll just get the game.

Soma

Yeah, so far the translation patch is a little rough with a few errors i've noticed but it's definitely readable.

creid

Can you give any particular examples? Because we* did spend a fair amount of time editing and proofreading it.
Alright, I'm a few months late, but here are some of the worst issues I found in Fate/stay night since I started taking screenshots:

(These are vague enough to not be too spoilery, but I'll tag them just in case)
Fate
14: "Her voice like a farewell sounded like she was crying" - needs punctuation, unnatural
14: "The basic principles do not change, but the decorations are so elaborate that it seems different when it has come this far. In this case, it will not be too bad to reign over this world."
14: "It's too conceited for someone who can't even think about himself to try to help someone else. That's just complacent happiness, and it's an unstable happiness for the other party"
15: "You heard of flashback, right? [...] Using their lifetime to gain momentum, they jump high to dazzle. That flicker is my wish."
15: http://imgur.com/c2Wqr - this one is so long and bad I just linked it.
15: "The greatest that cannot be infringed by anything not even by the five sorceries" - needs punctuation
ep: http://imgur.com/mixcE all awkward.
ep: "Traces will never go away. Even if I almost cry from the vacancy hitting my heart."
ep: "He had entrusted his sword, struggled to be of power, and made his way to be a personal guard of the king as a young man because it was this king."

Heavens Feel
3: http://imgur.com/LMOL2
7: "There was an incident yesterday, and some people in the track team got injured during practice. but they go injured during practice." - copypasta?
7: "The girl said this the farthest end. The final station. Ilya keeps smiling innocently in this place without destination or backtrack."

Unlimited Blade Works
7: "Well, I know this is her part of her as a magus."
12: "Strength of its existence...? What? You mean its flimsiness in being unable to bear the existence of the illusion?"

Last episode
"Up until the day when the posture of the King disappeared from the imagination of people. With that warm, dream-like wish; her future eternity can only be endured in this slumber."
"Starting here, there will be another long his and her story to continue on. [...] He became somebody's star, continuing to spin in this world."

Wiktor

So the news are that Mahō Tsukai no Yoru is delayed till winter and there will be two more sequels. I feel like Nasu is going all George RR Martin on us, ie..the story grew so much it was impossible to fit it into one game.

So the news are that Mahō Tsukai no Yoru is delayed till winter and there will be two more sequels. I feel like Nasu is going all George RR Martin on us, ie..the story grew so much it was impossible to fit it into one game.

How do you delay something that's already been released? It's the Fate/Extra sequel that's been delayed.

Speaking of Mahoyo, it's been translated by the Empty Boundaries guy who did the KnK novels. Apparently the Amaterasu Translations people are helping him out. It's a short VN, so it'll probably get done.

Anyone played Monmusu Quest ? It's a basic VN/RPG hybrid (it's really not Sengoku Rance) with monster girls and er...quite the unique game over screens. It also makes fun of lots of RPG tropes.

Ra1den

I think it may have been machine translated. It's a mess.

Pardon my ignorance, but you are talking about Fate/Stay Night with the voice patch, correct? Are you saying that in its current form it is a mess in the final episode? If so, is it going to be fixed ever?

I was thinking of starting it up relatively soon.

Pardon my ignorance, but you are talking about Fate/Stay Night with the voice patch, correct? Are you saying that in its current form it is a mess in the final episode? If so, is it going to be fixed ever?

I was thinking of starting it up relatively soon.

I'm was talking about just the Last Episode, which is extra content from the PS2 version that wasn't translated by Mirror Moon. The VN is fine.

Lain

Just got an email from Mangagamer informing that The eXceed Collection and Cherry Tree High Comedy Club are up for sale. I'm not into those PC bullet hell games, so I'm more likely to grab Cherry Tree High Comedy Club. Prices seems nicely low though, € 7.95 - US$ 10.04 for The eXceed Collection, € 5.95 - US$ 7.52 for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is it recommended to put the new CG's (I think they are the PS2 ones?) into Fate/Stay Night? Or to play the game as it originally got released?

Any other addons to the original version that should be added?

Is it recommended to put the new CG's (I think they are the PS2 ones?) into Fate/Stay Night? Or to play the game as it originally got released?

Any other addons to the original version that should be added?

You should definitely use the Realta Nua patch for the game, especially before reading Heaven's Feel where it makes a big difference. The only other add-on to worry about is the voice patch.

StayDead

I really hope they bring Robotics;Notes to PSP so I can import it. If not I may just have to steal my Dad's PS3 and import that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom