• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Translated Japanese Visual Novel/ADV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

Interesting, although I doubt we'll see the campaign go live until possibly later this year. Never played WEE, does anyone know if it's any good?

I'm waiting until Episode 1 is released on Steam. I'm a big fan of the Spice & Wolf novels, so Isuna Hasekura would really have to let me down for me not to enjoy it.

grim-tales

The answer of that one is in the game

Indeed
Why does Takeshi say "If we dont act fast Tsugumi is dead", maybe Sora doesnt know about her virus, but I thought it means basically she can't die, AFAIK and I think she's so cold and distrustful as she's been tricked since she was little.. which makes me sad for her :(

Yuuichi

Interesting, although I doubt we'll see the campaign go live until possibly later this year. Never played WEE, does anyone know if it's any good?

I heard it was good, but that the original translation was problematic to say the least, but supposedly the latest patch fixed that. I'll be checking it out when it comes out, at least.

Trust me, it's worth watching/reading.

Indeed
Why does Takeshi say "If we dont act fast Tsugumi is dead", maybe Sora doesnt know about her virus, but I thought it means basically she can't die, AFAIK and I think she's so cold and distrustful as she's been tricked since she was little.. which makes me sad for her :(
What context?

I thought it was hilarious. I mean,
she looks like she's in a washing machine. Someone post that gif where she's spinning inside. Put some spoiler tags, too
Stop it! That's horrible!

Somebody please post that gif, I can't stop laughing! XD

ohlawd

ok I found it. I didn't want to do it since I'm posting on a PS3 and boy what a horrible browsing experience but here

Don't click this until you've finished Tsugumi's good end in Ever17. Heck, it's not even that spoiler-y but I'm covering my butt here
http://i.imgur.com/UticzLC.gif

grim-tales

Trust me, it's worth watching/reading.

What context?

Stop it! That's horrible!

Somebody please post that gif, I can't stop laughing! XD

Well I think its because
Tsugumi is so mean to Takeshi and most others, saying she isnt his friend etc, but then she tells him the story of being trapped in the research facilty and how the doctor/researcher makes her think he's her friend, but in truth, he isn't :(

Ever 17 SPOILERS: Here it is http://i.imgur.com/2WnTHu4.gif
Glorious... All that's missing is
some soap suds...

Well I think its because
Tsugumi is so mean to Takeshi and most others, saying she isnt his friend etc, but then she tells him the story of being trapped in the research facilty and how the doctor/researcher makes her think he's her friend, but in truth, he isn't :(
I meant
The "we have to act fast or Tsugumi will die!" part. I don't remember Takeshi ever saying that

grim-tales

Re: Tsugumi Ever 17
Fair enough I understood her character a bit more in the end but I still think she should have offered a heartfelt apology to Takeshi for abusing him, hitting him and generally being a b*tch, not being very nice. I wonder if her angle was more like "Girl is mean to boy, because girl doesn't know how to give love and secretly likes boy"

upandaway

Higurashi 6 (just started)

"Um.. Kasai-san, do you know the people you just walked by?"
Kasai nods
"....The man is Houjou Teppei."

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seronei

Higurashi 6 (just started)

"Um.. Kasai-san, do you know the people you just walked by?"
Kasai nods
"....The man is Houjou Teppei."

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Did you post any impressions of Episode 3 and 4? I'm really enjoying reading your impressions, that's the best part of Higurashi almost.

upandaway

Did you post any impressions of Episode 3 and 4? I'm really enjoying reading your impressions, that's the best part of Higurashi almost.
Haha yeah it's pretty fun when I'm not busy cowering in fear. The extras of the first 4 arcs helped a lot. I'm not sure if I posted about it, 3 was where my attitude started changing but at that point the story was still leaning too much on the horror elements (and too little on anything else) for me to enjoy the mystery like I am now.

Starting to think that
episode 1's ending was about Rena and Mion trying to give him an antidote.
But.. that still solved nothing else about the episode. Aaaaaaaahhhh.

edit: just reached the "my favorite wine" tip
...........well dang. that's a pretty huge push to the supernatural argument. i don't know if i should still think it's all human-made. man.... i don't know. this is kinda huge, i wasn't ready for this tip
at least they're obviously heavily building an "oyashiro-sama inside furude" angle so i'll keep it in mind for now, i guess...

....I'm so going to regret this... but for now, I'm into that theory. It just clicks in my head. Still solves nothing, though, hahaha.. haha.. huh.

Seronei

Starting to think that
episode 1's ending was about Rena and Mion trying to give him an antidote.
But.. that still solved nothing else about the episode. Aaaaaaaahhhh.
Hinting heavily towards what happened, don't read if you don't want the answer. It's shown at the end of the 6th arch in the anime not sure if it's mentioned at all at that point in the VN
do you remember what they did to Tomitake during the Watanagashi in the first arch? The dialogue when "attacking" Keichii at that time mentions him meeting the same fate as Tomitake

grim-tales

Ooooooooh
Pretty freaky shit happening now.. the Kid is in a small stock room (?) with a tiny bed and has a vision (?) of a girl being hit and crying, someone says "You bought happiness, you traded it for that girl's life."
Could the girl be Coco? Maybe not.. we see her at the start of the VN?
.. ETA - Deja vu in the infirmary with You....
Wait a minute.... I know! The girl in the kids dream was Tsugumi. In her route she mentions "a kid with amnesia" in the hospital. That's our Kid... I think.

WTF.. now this is getting weird.. Sara and the Kid went on the whale ride at "Planet Kuikui" but in all other routes it was Coco who was said to have done that.. in You's route you see Coco in the whale room and Coco talks to Tsugumi about riding the whale with you :s
Sara = Coco :s
HOLY CRAP why did the Kid not look like the Kid when he looked in the mirror?

aravuus

Yeah, the mirror scene is pretty much where the story shouts out "no stopping the Uchikoshi train" and starts throwing twists at the reader at mach 7

upandaway

Higurashi 6

Ooishi "But... no matter which path I choose to come to this point, Tomitake Jirou always dies."

you keep messing with my feelings like you don't care

you don't care

you don't care

grim-tales

OK..
So the Kid has the missing piece of Sara's mirror (?) in his thumb (?) And if the hologram looks like Takeshi, how come Sora says its 'very old'?

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom