• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eric Bolling Plans to Sue Reporter for defamation over Harassment Story

pretty much, standard fuckboy strats, he'll fuck off when reality threatens to backhand

Yeah he is trying to look all tough but he will most likely back down and come out with some bullshit "well it just wasn't worth going through with" excuse. No way he really wants this shit going to court.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anonymous sources and no evidence is the basis for the article. It damaged his career and unless they produce something or if they find out it wasn’t from him, then Bolling has a strong case.

Bolling has no case, not a strong one. He's a public figure and doesn't get monetary damages from cases like this in the first place. Beyond that, there's now public accusers backing the story and the truth is the ultimate defense in a defamation case. In addition Bolling would need to prove that the story was written with malice and intent to lie.

In short: there's no way for Bolling to win and this is all a waste of his money.

Gattsu25

Banned
The fact that they conspicuously avoid naming HuffPo in the suit when the normal procedure is to sue the organization is telling.
Indeed

I mean, I would say nobody in their right mind wouldn't expect HuffPo to pay costs of defense in this case (because its the literal price of journalistic integrity), but they filed the suit anyways, so I don't know what they possibly could have been thinking. I mean, I'm a lawyer, but don't handle cases anywhere near this high-profile and I would have considered it a foregone conclusion HP would pay the costs of defense if not indemnify.
Oh I know, I considered it a foregone conclusion as well. It's common sense.

I still don't think he considered it when filing the suit.

Top Bottom