• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

I don't think you need a Dancer and a Medic, I never had any issue with the Dancer being my only healer mostly because the Protector is AMAZING in that game.

mjc

Quick question: I'm playing EOU, and in B7 (I think) there's that red stuff on the ground that hurts you. What boots should I buy so they don't hurt me?

ohlawd

Quick question: I'm playing EOU, and in B7 (I think) there's that red stuff on the ground that hurts you. What boots should I buy so they don't hurt me?

have to kill those iguana looking things with cut attacks on the 2nd Stratum to get their conditional drop. sell those and buy the boots. I think you see them mostly on B6F. they're not an equip item, by the way. they're consumable items and they disappear after a set number of steps so you should have a lot on you

jonjonaug

Cleared story mode of EO:U and I'm in the postgame now. Made it to B27F. Shin Megami Tensei wishes it had this many holes in the floor in its dungeons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Cleared story mode of EO:U and I'm in the postgame now. Made it to B27F. Shin Megami Tensei wishes it had this many holes in the floor in its dungeons.

In the original version I (and I'm sure many others in this thread) manually mapped that son of a bitch marking each hole...until about sixty percent through when you realize that you CAN'T ACTUALLY MAP THAT FLOOR PROPERLY. It wasn't designed for you to lay down that many icons.

In the original version I (and I'm sure many others in this thread) manually mapped that son of a bitch marking each hole...until about sixty percent through when you realize that you CAN'T ACTUALLY MAP THAT FLOOR PROPERLY. It wasn't designed for you to lay down that many icons.

that's when you made your own freaking map with graph paper.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
that's when you made your own freaking map with graph paper.

Nah, just marked the individual ones with holes, then outlined the big areas of holes with holes and used a different floor coloring for the rest of it. I did personally fall through every hole I could reach, but my party was more or less unkillable at that point and I wanted to make sure I did it right.

Shiina

Das it, only Ur-Child and Ur-Devil left. Now I need to think about retiring and reclassing my party as soon as I hit 99. Haven't used DHs yet so maybe I'll have some fun with Ecstasy. Anybody got any party ideas for those two specifically?

Yeah, it's not immune to instant death or petrification, though your chances of succeeding at inflicting them are pretty damn low.

Man, I feel this fight is so much down to RNG. If I manage to head bind him by every 5th round, I'm good, else fight is over. I don't like this fight very much. :/ My party is 78-81. With how it's been going so far, I could beat him eventually when RNG is on my side but I don't really feel like lottery-ing him.

Zweizer

Banned
Man, I feel this fight is so much down to RNG. If I manage to head bind him by every 5th round, I'm good, else fight is over. I don't like this fight very much. :/ My party is 78-81. With how it's been going so far, I could beat him eventually when RNG is on my side but I don't really feel like lottery-ing him.

You can also use Burst skills, like Geo Impact, to force it to skip a turn, or Black Mist, to prolong the Ailments/Binds. It's up to you to choose whether make it skip the first (so that it doesn't build up Bind resistances while delaying your party) or any time you feel it'll use Supernova.

But yeah, Binds are crucial in this fight.

Well, I basically RNG'd him down. My Arcanist managed to bind his hands and his head for almost the entirety of the fight (which was the game decider), my Fortress had Party Shield up all the time and my Landsknecht + Nightseeker + Runemaster linked him to death. Only problem was his bind skill for which I had bought anti-bind items. Actually, my Fortress has a dance that should remove binds at the end of the round for three rounds but that didn't seem to have any effect?

The first round I basically skipped with Geo Impact.

But yeah, the difference between failures and sucess was just a matter of RNG. :/

Next on the list:

- Complete Item Compendium
- Complete Monstrous Codex
- Kill
the Warped Saviour

And I should be done. There is only 3 items left and hardly any monsters. I might 100% this fantastic game today.

I heard
The Warped Saviour
with chemicals applied is a tad easier than The Fallen One?

Zweizer

Banned
Well, I basically RNG'd him down. My Arcanist managed to bind his hands and his head for almost the entirety of the fight (which was the game decider), my Fortress had Party Shield up all the time and my Landsknecht + Nightseeker + Runemaster linked him to death. Only problem was his bind skill for which I had bought anti-bind items. Actually, my Fortress has a dance that should remove binds at the end of the round for three rounds but that didn't seem to have any effect?

The first round I basically skipped with Geo Impact.

But yeah, the difference between failures and sucess was just a matter of RNG. :/

Next on the list:

- Complete Item Compendium
- Complete Monstrous Codex
- Kill
the Warped Saviour

And I should be done. There is only 3 items left and hardly any monsters. I might 100% this fantastic game today.

I heard
The Warped Saviour
with chemicals applied is a tad easier than The Fallen One?

You can easily time the binds: they occur every 10000 HP, so you could have planned your strategy around it.

I'd guess your Fortress' Dance failed because the legs were bound (which prevents dances from working).

As for
the Warped Savior
, even with chemicals, it's harder than the Fallen One, mainly because it works in Phases: if it doesn't open its eye, you won't be able to harm it, so you'll need to kill the tentacles assisting it, which themselves are pretty dangerous.

Without chemicals though, it becomes arguably the hardest boss of the series. You won't stand a chance without an extremely well-prepared party.

Linkark07

Banned
Noticed I had a discount code from Ebay so I'm buying the Etrian Mystery Dungeon limited edition. Yay! Can't wait to play this with my New 3DS XL.

Zweizer

Banned
Here's a little game for y'all: try to guess whom each character is named after.

• Zwei (Protector)
  • Tiffy (Protector)
  • Nicole (Protector)
  • Sabrina (Landsknecht)
  • Shelly (Landsknecht)
  • Nadie (Gunner)
  • Dara (Gunner)
  • Ruby (Gunner)
  • Scyka (Runemaster)
  • Annie (Runemaster)
  • Letty (Medic)
  • Marigold (Medic)
  • Doremy (Medic)
  • Mari (Dancer)
  • Kirtida (Dancer)
  • Garnet (Hexer)
  • Shirley (Hexer)
  • Joanne (Hexer)
  • Konkon (Ninja)
  • Kagami (Ninja)
  • Solange (Princess)
  • Winne (Princess)
  • Inko (Wanderer)
  • Shizuka (Wanderer)
  • Wani (Wanderer)
I think I'm having way too much fun naming characters.

Zweizer

Banned
Err are they supposed to based on something? I'm dumb I guess.

All the names are based on the regulars here. They usually start the same. Or in the case of Ninjas and Wanderers, translated into japanese.

Yes, I've had way too much fun with this.

spiritfox

All the names are based on the regulars here. They usually start the same. Or in the case of Ninjas and Wanderers, translated into japanese.

Yes, I've had way too much fun with this.

Err, I guess I'm the ninja.

You did pick the correct ninja, right?

Sölf

Back when EO 1 was released, I named my dudes after user from another forum. Nowadays I name them after characters from my games. xD

Nachos

Marigold = Man God/Gold?
Tiffy = Tuffy
Nicole = NichM (Though if so, it should've been Nichole)
Zwei = Zweizer
Kirtida = Kirlia
Kagamin = Kagami
Sabrina = SliceSabre
Winne = Winnie the Pimp
Annie = Anteo
Scyka = Scy
Dara = Darkness

???

Top Bottom