• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I haven't tried any of the QR quests. Is there anything actually interesting about them or is it just go somewhere and kill some things?

I haven't tried any of the QR quests. Is there anything actually interesting about them or is it just go somewhere and kill some things?

I did one QR quest, which was exactly that, kill 9 forest frogs. The others weren't available to do where I am in the game.

ttocs

Question for veterans of the series...how do you know when you are ready to fight the FOEs on the map? Do you just level up for a while and then just dive in? I wasn't sure if there was a level stat or anything attributed to them. I mainly sneak around the enemies in dungeons and on the map because the first two times I was killed horribly. Is that normal or should you try and kill them?

Anteo

Question for veterans of the series...how do you know when you are ready to fight the FOEs on the map? Do you just level up for a while and then just dive in? I wasn't sure if there was a level stat or anything attributed to them. I mainly sneak around the enemies in dungeons and on the map because the first two times I was killed horribly. Is that normal or should you try and kill them?

Generally, when you get to the boss of the Maze you should be ready. Also in 4 the FOE have a "glow" in the minimap that goes from red (will destroy you) to blue (try now but be carefull).

redcrayon

For FOEs you are rarely strong enough to beat them the first time you meet them- that's the whole point!

If you can comfortably beat the regular monsters on the floor below, come back up, find a FOE where an extended fight won't drag other FOEs in, jump it, tell everyone to block and your slowest couple of troops to flee, and see what happens- they are worth beating as soon as you can for the items the shop can make out of their drops, but not if you have to burn your expendable and spend all your cash healing afterwards.

Like most jpegs, it gets much easier when the party has access to a revive spell rather than paying the extortionate price in town.

Are all these QR code items marked "Trade Item" just for selling for cash?

I'm pretty sure it's for selling.

Speaking of these "Trade Items", I just got this email from Atlus with the following trade items:

EOIV_zps5ca5c284.jpg

Etrian Coin
Armoroad Cheese
High Lagaard Gem

Anteo

I'm pretty sure it's for selling.

Speaking of these "Trade Items", I just got this email from Atlus with the following trade items:

Etrian Coin
Armoroad Cheese
High Lagaard Gem

I like how these gifts are throwbacks to earlier games, like the Ygroid Doll.

ohlawd

Generally, when you get to the boss of the Maze you should be ready. Also in 4 the FOE have a "glow" in the minimap that goes from red (will destroy you) to blue (try now but be carefull).

isn't there another color?

I remember the demo mentioning the color scheme but I sifted through the digital manual and I can't find the info there.

Bururian

So, kind of a stupid question, my back row is really dependent on TP, Medic / Rune Master. I haven't seen any items recently that restore TP, please tell me how I am missing this.

tuffy

So, kind of a stupid question, my back row is really dependent on TP, Medic / Rune Master. I haven't seen any items recently that restore TP, please tell me how I am missing this.

They'll open up later in the shop, but tend to be more expensive than items that restore HP. Next to running out of inventory space, running low on TP is the sort of thing that forces you out of the dungeon on a regular basis.

Anteo

You can forge weapons that give you more TP, and cook food that increase TP for a while in the meantime.

How are clinic resurrection costs calculated? I'm only a few hours into the game and still a really low level, but it seems to me that I paid 20 the first time I resurrected someone, but the next time I went in (with 3 people dead this time), I feel I had to pay 5 gold more for each person (25, 30, and then 35).

Does the cost just constantly keep increasing by 5 the more you use it, or does it increase by level, or is it something else?

Just got my copy... Had to do a double take but mine didn't come with a manual. Anyone else did or did not get one?
The game doesn't come with a physical manual. It sucks because Atlus usually gives large, color manuals, but maybe those days are over. There is a digital manual and if you want to read it then you have to boot up the game and go to the 3DS home menu and tap the manual button.

ohlawd

Just got my copy... Had to do a double take but mine didn't come with a manual. Anyone else did or did not get one?

There's no manual but it does come with a Health and Safety Precautions Manual. For collectors, this is a pretty big thing.

The manual is found digitally by pressing Home.

ohlawd

Indeed it is true. The safety manual is found in the game case.

Okay no but I get what you mean. There's got to be at least one person out there with a huge stack of those safety manuals eagerly waiting to add more to their collection.

lingiii

Banned
There's no manual but it does come with a Health and Safety Precautions Manual. For collectors, this is a pretty big thing.

The manual is found digitally by pressing Home.

What is a pretty big thing? The Health and Safety Manual?

Whenever I get a new game, I open up and throw that piece of trash out. People care about that?

Or are upset at no manual?

Althane

Indeed it is true. The safety manual is found in the game case.

Okay no but I get what you mean. There's got to be at least one person out there with a huge stack of those safety manuals eagerly waiting to add more to their collection.

That will remind me to properly edit my quotes!

Anyways... aren't they the same for every game sold with a system?

ohlawd

What is a pretty big thing? The Health and Safety Manual?

Whenever I get a new game, I open up and throw that piece of trash out. People care about that?

Or are upset at no manual?

yeah the safety manual is a huge thing.

geezus I didn't think this would happen lol. Sorry for the awful delivery of my joke

That will remind me to properly edit my quotes!

I'd tell you if I knew. I haven't opened one up in forever.

Althane

yeah the safety manual is a huge thing.

geezus I didn't think this would happen lol. Sorry for the awful delivery of my joke

I'm not a game collector, but I totally wouldn't be surprised. Which is why I had to ask for clarification.

I thought the demo only had Normal?

I'm pretty sure i was given the option for Casual in the settings menu...

Edit: I am wrong, and the demo is Normal only. Derp!

DR2K

Banned
Alright so I've done all the side quests and the first major quest and now I'm completely lost. How do I advance from this point?

ohlawd

Alright so I've done all the side quests and the first major quest and now I'm completely lost. How do I advance from this point?

eh I'm assuming you mean you've cleared the red bear quest?

take your tablet and head north of Lush Woodlands. There's a huge narrow opening with all this wind coming out with an altar on the ground. Use your tablet and proceed.

I dunno what's up with this game, but I find myself hopelessly addicted. I've eschewed Fire Emblem for this!

It's been a great month for time-sucking RPGs.

cjkeats

Is there a trick to accessing the Valley Spring cave? It's guarded by two bounding beasts and I can't seem to get by them.

I managed to beat one by the skin of my teeth with my party all around level 12 and once I got in I used an adriannde(?) thread to get back to town, heal and then just warp back from the city gate.

Drop carrots near them, it draws them to the food for a few turns.

Holy crap, you can do that?

Eusis

There's got to be at least one person out there with a huge stack of those safety manuals eagerly waiting to add more to their collection.
Actually, I think either this guy works for Atlus, or Atlus found where they loved and robbed them blind as mine was not in pristine condition.
Actually, they're DS healthy & safety booklets, not 3DS, none of my other 3DS games even came with one far as I could tell. It is quite literally filler to put in the case, I'm guessing maybe because unlike the Vita you actually aren't supposed to ship empty boxes. I hope Atlus avoids this with Soul Hackers or at least goes "aw fuck it how about an info pamphlet?" with real game instructions on the cart.

Ricker

Are you guys sure about the demo on normal only...? I could of sworn I was playing on casual,well still playing because my game hasn't arrived yet...I thougt there was an option for casual...or maybe they just talked about it in game,at the Inn or something...

Drop carrots near them, it draws them to the food for a few turns.

I managed to beat one by the skin of my teeth with my party all around level 12 and once I got in I used an adriannde(?) thread to get back to town, heal and then just warp back from the city gate.

Holy crap, you can do that?

Thanks! I totally forgot about launching food from when I played through the demo weeks ago. Worked like a charm!

So about these QR code items...
I haven't unlocked more storage yet and most of them have been replaced with far better equipment so I'm having a bit of an overflow problem.

I'd like to keep them all if they are exclusive one-time-only things, but if they can be acquired later in the game it'd be great to get rid of them.

Saprol

Is there a trick to accessing the Valley Spring cave? It's guarded by two bounding beasts and I can't seem to get by them.

I always resorted to killing one and running past the other.

Are you guys sure about the demo on normal only...? I could of sworn I was playing on casual,well still playing because my game hasn't arrived yet...I thougt there was an option for casual...or maybe they just talked about it in game,at the Inn or something...

It wasn't normal-only. I spammed a non-depleting ariadne thread during the demo because I was too lazy to collect overworld food to recoup the cost. When you import your demo save data, it won't remember the game options you set such as message speed / difficulty. So just remember to set it back if you want.

lingiii

Banned
I always resorted to killing one and running past the other.

Foodapault a carrot at them--it'll distract both. Then, before entering the spring, keep going to the corner to the east; there's a hole you can pass through to open an easier path to fly to (better than warping from town because flying let's you pick up a food to cook before entering.)

Althane

Actually, they're DS healthy & safety booklets, not 3DS, none of my other DS games even came with one far as I could tell. It is quite literally filler to put in the case, I'm guessing maybe because unlike the Vita you actually aren't supposed to ship empty boxes. I hope Atlus avoids this with Soul Hackers or at least goes "aw fuck it how about an info pamphlet?" with real game instructions on the cart.

I like posters that have mechanics on one side, and art on the other. So, for Persona 3, it'd be a fusion chart on one side (and maybe some other information), and a picture of the crew on the other.

So thanks to some users on GameFAQS as well as doing some searching/uploading myself, I made a spreadsheet with a list of Treasure Maps and links for their QR code:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SmdTNjlUbHA1VkpRTElZZ1JZUFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

(This is my first time doing something like this so bear with me, lol. If you see anything wrong with it, let me know).

Currently, there's about 40 or so maps.

If I find any new maps (or if any of you guys have anything that's not on the list) i'll update it and let you know. I'll also edit in the treasures you find for each map..but I need a break first, lol.

Top Bottom