• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

DR2K

Banned
eh I'm assuming you mean you've cleared the red bear quest?

take your tablet and head north of Lush Woodlands. There's a huge narrow opening with all this wind coming out with an altar on the ground. Use your tablet and proceed.

No I have not, I have no options to do any quest at this point as I've cleared everything.

I'm still not sold on the visible FOEs nor the "visible nearby on the minimap" thing. (I liked the fact they set my proximity gauge off but weren't on the path I was on. It's like you can HEAR THEM somewhere veeeeeeeery close...) I am however deeply sold on the animated enemies, especially the Baboboboboboboboboboboons in the first stratum.

So what is the likelihood or developing a party and ending up being incapable of dealing with late game enemies? I really don't want to have to resort to an FAQ or some widely accepted best build to beat the game. I know EO3 had that retirement system but I don't want to be resetting my party constantly.

Don't throw up imaginary restrictions upon yourself. Faqs, respeccing, and us are your friends! We're here to help!

ohlawd

No I have not, I have no options to do any quest at this point as I've cleared everything.

Reaching the staircase in B1F Lush Woodlands should get you rolling. You should be able to reach it eventually by letting the Cutters destroy the wooden obstacles.

DR2K

Banned
Reaching the staircase in B1F Lush Woodlands should get you rolling. You should be able to reach it eventually by letting the Cutters destroy the wooden obstacles.

There's a staircase? Well that explains that. DO you know off the top of your head where the staircase was?

ohlawd

There's a staircase? Well that explains that. DO you know off the top of your head where the staircase was?

D6.

Can't just reach it though since a wooden thing on D5 is in the way. Pretty much a roundabout route starting with the Cutter and obstacles on the upper left corner of the floor.

Saprol

Bottom right sector. There's a Cutter nearby that can smash the wooden barricade so you don't need the long route next time.

I hate Runemasters. But I guess I should use one? I hate TP limited offense classes. ;/

Currently using: Fortress, Landsknecht, Dancer, Sniper, Medic.

Mmnngghhh.

scy

I hate Runemasters. But I guess I should use one? I hate TP limited offense classes. ;/

You can do perfectly fine with a Sniper, just note that a Runemaster gives you a lot of extra power vs FoEs for the early game.

Honestly, even Sniper and the likes are kind of TP restricted for their huge damage.

You can do perfectly fine with a Sniper, just note that a Runemaster gives you a lot of extra power vs FoEs for the early game.

Honestly, even Sniper and the likes are kind of TP restricted for their huge damage.

I guess I mean that I love being able to grind out dungeons longer because I can just auto attack and Casters tend to have shit physical damage.

I will also say this. They really buffed the Tanks. I've DABBLED in this series but I always hated how weak Tanks felt. This is more like WoW where Tanks won't be top DPS, but they still rough and tumble pretty damn well.

vareon

So what is the likelihood or developing a party and ending up being incapable of dealing with late game enemies? I really don't want to have to resort to an FAQ or some widely accepted best build to beat the game. I know EO3 had that retirement system but I don't want to be resetting my party constantly.

I am shit at playing games like this, yet I finished Etrian Odyssey I & 3 (but not the extra dungeon). Don't worry too much about making synergies or the best build. If your build is not strong enough, there's always items to help.

Bururian

Wow, I'm trying to get a kangaroo fist so I can make a fist shield for my Landsk, but I am having seriously bad luck because he's paralyzing my whole team in two turns, making anything I do near impossible. This is frustrating.

Since I'm not the most original person in the world, I'm going to try and go through the game mimicking the party on the front cover, so Nightseeker, Lans, Fortress, Medic and Sniper.

Long term, how would this party fair, or does it come down mostly to the skills I invest in?

Anteo

Since I'm not the most original person in the world, I'm going to try and go through the game mimicking the party on the front cover, so Nightseeker, Lans, Fortress, Medic and Sniper.

Long term, how would this party fair, or does it come down mostly to the skills I invest in?

Unless you invest a few points in elemental attacks for the Land and Night, you will have some problems early with a few monsters that have resistance to weapons and weakness to magic, after that the use of items and forge will make the problem go away.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Anyone done the 'Slime mold of the gods' quest? Dude wants me to find a glowing tree or something in the scarlet pillars but I feel like I've flown everywhere and never seen such a thing.

vareon

Anteo

Anyone done the 'Slime mold of the gods' quest? Dude wants me to find a glowing tree or something in the scarlet pillars but I feel like I've flown everywhere and never seen such a thing.

I dont have the quest but I found a glowing tree in B1, in the lower area. Check out at diferent times, maybe it only glows at night.

I am going insane waiting for this game to arrive. I've done everything there is to do in the demo, and it's gotten to the point where I'm creating new characters from scratch and grinding them to level ten so I can switch character designs.

Talaysen

So thanks to some users on GameFAQS as well as doing some searching/uploading myself, I made a spreadsheet with a list of Treasure Maps and links for their QR code:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SmdTNjlUbHA1VkpRTElZZ1JZUFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

(This is my first time doing something like this so bear with me, lol. If you see anything wrong with it, let me know).

Currently, there's about 40 or so maps.

If I find any new maps (or if any of you guys have anything that's not on the list) i'll update it and let you know. I'll also edit in the treasures you find for each map..but I need a break first, lol.

Here are Forest Storm and Ice Ridge II maps along with my Fortress.

How exactly are you supposed to get the maps from these QR codes? I register the guild cards and they don't show up in my book.

Go to Manage Guild Cards, select the card, hit Y, then select Receive treasure map.

side question: does wielding both a rapier and a dagger give you a weapon based speed boost for both or does it only care about the weapon you are actually making the attack with? Probably the latter, but a shield hurts your speed anyway so I probably wouldn't want to use one for this.
If I'm not wrong, your damage is only dependent on your main weapon, barring the effects of some skills. The other weapon is only for giving you access to other skills, but the damage done by those skills is also dependent on the main weapon.

Talaysen

I've never tested it explicitly, but judging by how speed on weapons does affect skills that don't even use the weapons, I'm going to guess that the speed modifier from weapons work the same as the speed modifier from armor and have an effect even if it's the subweapon.

That's assuming they didn't change that in EO4, but I haven't noticed any change there.

ohlawd

that's what I get for spamming A.

can anyone tell me the dialog when you find a Night Shard? Hope you guys who just got into 2nd Land can help me out :D

really hate missing dialog, no matter the importance >_<

Bururian

Some of you seem to be rocketing along. I must still be rather new at this. I like wandering around a little too much and farming materials.

I honestly can't decide what to do in terms of classes

I'm thinking Land/Fort/Night - Medic/Rune?

Or is Land/Fort/Dancer - Rune/Sniper better overall?

Do Medics heal better than Dancers? And if not, what benefit does a Medic give over a Dancer?

Chromie

Banned
Not sure what these are, but went out in an Atlus email

eo4_faithful_launch_01.jpg

eo4_faithful_launch_02.jpg

eo4_faithful_launch_03.jpg

You should gather all the QR codes and put them in the OP.

slayn

needs to show more effort.

Do Medics heal better than Dancers? And if not, what benefit does a Medic give over a Dancer?
Medics are a far better healer than dancer, but dancer offers far more utility if you can skate by with minimal healing.

I'd go

Land/Fort/Dancer
Rune/Sniper

Dancer with some items does the same job as a Medic

Bururian

I'd go

Land/Fort/Dancer
Rune/Sniper

Dancer with some items does the same job as a Medic

I have that set-up if you replace the Sniper with a medic, she keeps my back line safe as a lot of things target my Rune Master, and I run out of items faster than I would TP, but I'm playing a little more cautiously than you probably are, and not maximizing my damage output, but my front line absorbs all my damage thanks to my Fortress.

OceanBlue

I just made it to the second labyrinth, and holy shit it's hard. I can't last more than three battles!

I keep running out of TP in the second dungeon because I have to use skills or else I can't kill the monsters fast enough and die. I didn't have this problem at all in the first dungeon, lol.

I keep running out of TP in the second dungeon because I have to use skills or else I can't kill the monsters fast enough and die. I didn't have this problem at all in the first dungeon, lol.

What level are you at? Most of my party just hit level 20, and I feel like I'm under leveled by about six levels :\

Top Bottom