• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

OceanBlue

Pretty much the same, although I'm not rocking a medic

L / F / D
S / R

I just rage quit after losing my party.

Well, even with a medic, sometimes I lose control of a battle and have a few characters die. I carry around some nectars and medicas to say the least, lol.

This thread told me that binding was useful and now that I'm here, I definitely agree. Leg bindings help prevent the lynx and the boars from doing too much damage to me. Being able to stop boars from rampaging is very useful.

Bururian

For mine, I have so far as a setup:

Master in Proficiency
Master in TP Boost
1 in Volt Rune, 5 in Lightning Rune
Master in Herbology

I'm probably going to make a few rune masters focusing on specific elements instead of trying to do all on one, since I think I can get maximum elemental damage output this way.

But if I'm doing it wrong, someone correct me.

Well, even with a medic, sometimes I lose control of a battle and have a few characters die. I carry around some nectars and medicas to say the least, lol.

This thread told me that binding was useful and now that I'm here, I definitely agree. Leg bindings help prevent the lynx and the boars from doing too much damage to me. Being able to stop boars from rampaging is very useful.

Yeah. I gotta use the binds more. When they do work they're great, I just never seem to know which bind to use, and if they use skills it seems like I won't be able to stop any of those until I get the head bind? Maybe I'm totally wrong on that though.

Bururian

I also have a pretty effective set-up as far

L / F / D
M / R

Attack with Landsk, Defense up with Fortress, Attack Tango/Regen Waltz with Dancer
Defend with Medic until needed, Volt Rune with Runemaster followed by Lightning Rune.

I rarely lose a member of my party, but when I do, I have some nectar. I also have my medic wearing a bunch of VIT up items where she has as much HP as my Fortress, so she lasts.

OceanBlue

Yeah. I gotta use the binds more. When they do work they're great, I just never seem to know which bind to use, and if they use skills it seems like I won't be able to stop any of those until I get the head bind? Maybe I'm totally wrong on that though.

It depends. I think someone here posted that every move has a part that can be binded to disable the move or something (like, dancers that are leg bound can't dance). All I know is that if you find a War Boar or whatever does that rampage move, you can use leg bind and it can't do anything. It feels like leg bindings are more successful on them too!

Edit: Oh, Lynx being weak against fire also helps too. I can usually kill one in one turn if I focus it with my Landstar's fire move.

Attack with Landsk, Defense up with Fortress, Attack Tango/Regen Waltz with Dancer
Defend with Medic until needed, Volt Rune with Runemaster followed by Lightning Rune.

I rarely lose a member of my party, but when I do, I have some nectar. I also have my medic wearing a bunch of VIT up items where she has as much HP as my Fortress, so she lasts.

That's a good idea. Hah, I always attack even though my medic does no damage. I should probably be doing this more often.

It depends. I think someone here posted that every move has a part that can be binded to disable the move or something (like, dancers that are leg bound can't dance). All I know is that if you find a War Boar or whatever does that rampage move, you can use leg bind and it can't do anything. It feels like leg bindings are more successful on them too!

I've got two points in both leg and arm bind, but I maxed out the item drop skill. I think I should probably respec and put more points into the leg and arm binds.

Bururian

Do if I Guard up my entire party with my Fortress and then Guard Tango with my dancer, do they stack, or will one or the other just be canceled?

Bururian

That's a good idea. Hah, I always attack even though my medic does no damage. I should probably be doing this more often.

Exactly, because if you have a defense up ability on a defending medic, they take almost no damage, even with FOEs.

Auto pilot would be so much more convenient if you only had to place arrows when you needed to change directions instead of on every single tile. Why would you design like it currently is?

sabin1001

So thanks to some users on GameFAQS as well as doing some searching/uploading myself, I made a spreadsheet with a list of Treasure Maps and links for their QR code:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SmdTNjlUbHA1VkpRTElZZ1JZUFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

(This is my first time doing something like this so bear with me, lol. If you see anything wrong with it, let me know).

Currently, there's about 40 or so maps.

If I find any new maps (or if any of you guys have anything that's not on the list) i'll update it and let you know. I'll also edit in the treasures you find for each map..but I need a break first, lol.

http://i.imgur.com/2NacGA1.png

My card here has #10, Solitary Isle. Treasure is Amrita x 2. Thanks for doing this!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Auto pilot would be so much more convenient if you only had to place arrows when you needed to change directions instead of on every single tile. Why would you design like it currently is?
It should just be a 'record' button that places arrows as you walk in my opinion. record, play, pause, rewind (or reverse).

scy

2nd Stratum done in one shot (well, once you can). Pretty easy overall.

Spamming the +EXP Burst every fight I can is probably a tad bit excessive. Same for the +EXP food.

Velcro Fly

Time to grind up a sniper and dancer! I guess part of the fun of the game is being able to mess around with classes and different team combos. It may take me way more time to finish the game, but fun is going to be had! I knew I saved those sniper gauntlets for a reason!

Pikma

Banned
I'm still on the fence about this game, not sure if I should get it now or later, I'm kinda broke right now as well, which makes the decision extra-difficult. :(

Talaysen

Do if I Guard up my entire party with my Fortress and then Guard Tango with my dancer, do they stack, or will one or the other just be canceled?

You mean Strike Guard? They do stack, however, I believe stacking multiple modifiers of the same type has diminishing returns in this game.

For elemental attacks on physical-based classes like the Landsknecht flame links, is it dependent on the STR or TEC attribute?

STR. However, they won't get bonuses from buffs that boost physical attack damage I think. They'll get bonuses from buffs that boost elemental attack damage instead. Unless they are hybrid skills that deal both a physical element and a magic element (such as Nightseeker's Ice Slash, which does both cut and ice damage). I don't remember how those interacted with buffs offhand.

Totakeke

STR. However, they won't get bonuses from buffs that boost physical attack damage I think. They'll get bonuses from buffs that boost elemental attack damage instead. Unless they are hybrid skills that deal both a physical element and a magic element (such as Nightseeker's Ice Slash, which does both cut and ice damage). I don't remember how those interacted with buffs offhand.

Cool thanks.

*throws Runemaster-sub Landsknecht plan down the drain*

vall03

I dont know if its just me but I feel like Im playing the game way too slowly. I just got access to the 2nd floor of the 2nd area and also got access to the dungeon guarded by the Purple monster and Im already Lvl 27. Im sure its gonna rack up pretty fast considering I fight almost all Shiny FOEs I see, while spamming the Holy Gift Burst Skill and eating food that increases exp.

Question about a key airship upgrade.

Where do you learn how to go higher? I think I somehow glossed over it? I think I need to talk to the "gold" airship but I can never catch it. I'm just into the first dungeon of second land (10 step Miasma)

Question about a key airship upgrade.

Where do you learn how to go higher? I think I somehow glossed over it? I think I need to talk to the "gold" airship but I can never catch it. I'm just into the first dungeon of second land (10 step Miasma)

In the Miasma,
you can get a night shard from the northern harvest point. Take that to the guy at the wharf.

Volcynika

Remember, feel free to PM me with any QR codes that I am missing from the OP. Probably can update it again this evening. I may even add a new section to the OP specifically for them. And any other references that might help people I can probably get around to adding that as well. Or just quote me, thanks to the "Who Quoted Me" feature to the forum.

Althane

*whistles*

Amazon just shifted my delivery date from late next week to today.

Awesome.

Just too bad I have this massive project hanging over my head...

slayn

I dont know if its just me but I feel like Im playing the game way too slowly. I just got access to the 2nd floor of the 2nd area and also got access to the dungeon guarded by the Purple monster and Im already Lvl 27. Im sure its gonna rack up pretty fast considering I fight almost all Shiny FOEs I see, while spamming the Holy Gift Burst Skill and eating food that increases exp.
I beat the boss of the 2nd area easily with my guys at like level 24 so... probably. You will probably stomp the rest of the area.

Also I'm curious, what was the intended way to get to the area guarded by the purple crocodile monster? I got annoyed at my failed attempts to lure him with food so I just killed him.

tuffy

Beating the first boss and not finding
a staircase
behind it feels strange. It makes perfect sense given the design of the game and its emphasis on overworld exploring, but it's going to take some getting used to.

vall03

I beat the boss of the 2nd area easily with my guys at like level 24 so... probably. You will probably stomp the rest of the area.

well, this is also my playstyle. While Im not overdoing anything, finishing quests is also another reason why I keep going back and forth in the dungeons.

Also just reached B3F of 2nd area. Why does Wufan portrait look better than the stock Arcanist portraits?!

slayn

I think it's brilliant that they give you a guest to control of the class you are going to unlock before you actually unlock it. Acts as a way to sample the class to see if you actually like it.

It feeds on sheeps.

My mind was SO blown when I discovered that solution.

Sadly,
I don't think you get to apply this ecosystem play anywhere else in the game

I think it's brilliant that they give you a guest to control of the class you are going to unlock before you actually unlock it. Acts as a way to sample the class to see if you actually like it.

You also get to
keep the guest when you clear the boss.

scy

What's this now?

I want to say it was the Quest "Small flowers needed!" that yielded it. It's a 3-point Burst skill that increases EXP gained. I basically chained groups of FoEs (the Big Moths, for instance) with that and +EXP Food going for ~1 level/fight.

Ended the 2nd Stratum in my low 30s. Killing the overworld Omnihunters for their Soft Sickle drop was pretty dumb as well.

Anteo

well, this is also my playstyle. While Im not overdoing anything, finishing quests is also another reason why I keep going back and forth in the dungeons.

Also just reached B3F of 2nd area. Why does Wufan portrait look better than the stock Arcanist portraits?!

Huh? I'm doing all quest I can do, already cleared 2 caves in the second area and I'm at the 3rd floor in the second maze with an average level of 22 =S How are you getting so much exp? I still find it dificult to navigate the 2nd land.

vall03

Huh? I'm doing all quest I can do, already cleared 2 caves in the second area and I'm at the 3rd floor in the second maze with an average level of 22 =S How are you getting so much exp? I still find it dificult to navigate the 2nd land.

Shiny FOE. I feel the need to beat them whenever I see one. And those sheep carry a lot of exp with Holy Gift + Exp food. And right now, Im currently Lvl 35 and I still haven't started B3F of the second area.

NPCs looking better than the PCs isn't anything new. See: Artelind and Wilhelm from EO2, Olympia and Kujura from EO3, etc, etc.

yeah I know, but it really depends to be honest. There are some NPCs designs from the previous games that Im not really fond of. And it kinda feels different this time since there are guest characters.

scy

+EXP Food. +Rare Spawn food if grinding an area, not sure if more efficient yet. Killed every FoE while using the Holy Gift Burst every time I had A) An FoE, B) A Shiny, or C) Had 3 Burst saved might as well use it. Getting 30-50k EXP on some fights is just pretty much stupid. My best so far was 2x Rare Spawn Big Moths + 1x Regular Big Moth in a single fight with both EXP boosts going ... though two people died on the final turn of Mince because I was lazy and didn't reapply Taunt and Power Break. Was a 3.5 level fight ;_; Had to keep it, my EXP OCD be damned.

I hit the 2nd Stratum boss at around 34? if I had to guess.

Which I'm well aware is beyond overleveled so I'm probably going to Retire and grind to ~30 just to keep the levels tolerable ;_; I looked into the Sacred Mountains and the "oh shit son, FoE!" to dodge was already a blue encounter.

Edit: As an aside, I went back to get the 1st Stratum boss Conditional Drop (Kill in one turn). Can't even buy the item
it has another drop needed from later in the game!
;_;

Jarekx

How do you get this food? The stuff I get on the ship I just when I get back to town.

I'm in the first little dungeon of the second area so I'm just hoping I haven't missed anything. :p

Anteo

How do you get this food? The stuff I get on the ship I just when I get back to town.

I'm in the first little dungeon of the second area so I'm just hoping I haven't missed anything. :p

Gather plants/animals while on the ship, and use the cook command to get some stats. The food will be automatically sold when you go back to the town.

scy

The +EXP Food for the second area should be the rare Mushrooms, I believe? Just gather them, hit B -> Food -> Cook. The rare Meat has the best raw +Stat bonuses if you need the help for an area (+STR, +VIT, +HP).

Top Bottom