• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl |OT| B4 Fight & Heal, There Was Frederica

Honestly not sure why it got moved... I did read that threads will get moved from Gaming to Gaming Community after a month, but this really does not belong in OT.

Hahahaha. Pokemon killed this game so bad they sent it to off topic

BYfqc4NCYAAMXvB.jpg

Oh, don't worry about it. It's not a race. I was actually thinking of playing EO 4 again, but is there really any reason to play RPGs once you've beaten them?

That's exactly what I'm doing, I'm replaying EO4 because I enjoy it so much, and I want to play EO3 again...

damn I need to finish Untold haha

Anteo

I have only taken the cellophane off of both Pokémon games AND Rune Factory 4, due to this game. Sad Truth Fact.

That's not sad, that's awesome. On the other hand I want at least a good 6 mon team ready before getting back into this.

This has been a little tedious with the story party. Should I switch to the easy difficulty setting so that I can go faster? Random battles are becoming a hassle.

GeekyDad

This has been a little tedious with the story party. Should I switch to the easy difficulty setting so that I can go faster? Random battles are becoming a hassle.

Picnic mode is really poorly balanced. It's truly no challenge at all, I mean none -- zero.

GeekyDad

Not on story mode it isn't easy. Not with Protector, Highlander / Alch, Gunner, Medic. Random battles are a chore.

I was speaking specifically of Story mode. I haven't tried it on Classic. I only tried it for a few minutes during my first run in Story mode out of curiosity, and I was sad to see how little resistance they offered new players. Enemies bounced off my characters like they were made of steel. It was silly. Picnic truly is like enabling a God mode. I don't recommend it unless you're having trouble with a boss or something and just wanna move past a certain point in the game. Otherwise, you're going to suck the fun out of the game for yourself.

Anteo

Please help me out if you can, first time EO player and looking for tips on Team set up, and Grimoire stones

What problem are you having? We are not gonna tell you what party to use as that depends on what kind of player you are, we can recommed stuff based on what you say. If you really are strugling with the game go with story mode and the fixed party.

What problem are you having? We are not gonna tell you what party to use as that depends on what kind of player you are, we can recommed stuff based on what you say. If you really are strugling with the game go with story mode and the fixed party.

no not struggling on party setup, more with what to do with the grimoire stones, and not wasting them. I understand the core mechanic, but I am struggling with how to use the stones properly.

Anteo

no not struggling on party setup, more with what to do with the grimoire stones, and not wasting them. I understand the core mechanic, but I am struggling with how to use the stones properly.

Oh yeah about that, the grimore system is pretty random, what you want to do is if you ever get some useful skills, fuse the skills that can work together (like tp up + magic attacks) and give it to a character. Really there is not alot of depth to that, it depends on how lucky you are with the chances

mjc

So I'm still around the 3rd floor of the labyrinth right now..when would it be wise to challenge the FOEs on the first two floors?

Anteo

So I'm still around the 3rd floor of the labyrinth right now..when would it be wise to challenge the FOEs on the first two floors?

Depends on the difficulty and party setup. The ragelopes will use panic a lot so it may be down to luck at first. The boars have huge defense so elemental attacks would work better.
And I think the Mantis have instadead so be ready.

Id go at level 10-12 for the ragelopes.

Laconic

Banned
Man, the post-game is a STOOPID timesink. that 6th Stratum one-round KOs my Story Mode crew, on any but the 26th floor. I have a sneaking suspicion that I need better grimoire stones, and possibly to re-level up from 35 back to 70 for the stats and skill points. I do not have the god skill from the main story boss, and I REALLY do not want to glitch 7 slot stones. The first point sucks, but the second is maddeningly more so, because I have yet to get a single one, barring the found Alchemist one. I cannot take out Turtles or anything harder in order to get the Best Gear Items from them, so I am seriously considering leaving the post-game not done. I had zero problems with EO1's endgame. Immunize, yo. :(

B.K.

I"m at Floor 15 and just now found out you can change classes for characters in Story Mode. I wish I'd known that a long time ago. My characters are level 40 now and I really don't want to grind those levels back.

Anteo

I"m at Floor 15 and just now found out you can change classes for characters in Story Mode. I wish I'd known that a long time ago. My characters are level 40 now and I really don't want to grind those levels back.

I dont think they reset the levels, they just get the skill tree from the new class. Also the stats growth and current stats are not changed so you can get weird characters like a troubador with medic stats.

I noticed I could change my story characters' classes now too. I didn't get a message that let me know the option was available, so I didn't know until I looked in the right place. I didn't change any of my characters' classes yet. It did say you lose half your levels, I think. I don't exactly remember. I think I'll set it on Picnic Mode, it was too tedious with the story party.

I just had a hard time getting into this game compared to Etrian 4. I assume if I had created my party from scratch, I might have had a better time with it. I did switch to picnic difficulty and it makes random battles go by faster, so I will just stick with it, I guess. I'm still only on Floor 12, which is not very far at all.

B.K.

Beat the Third Stratum boss. I accidentally cheated though. I was on Picnic mode to grind some levels for the MC to gain back some levels after changing classes and forgot to change it back to standard.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Finished story mode, and I loved the whole thing. I Did the whole thing on expert, and I felt that all the bosses had like 10% too much HP. Don't know if I'm gonna do much post game though since I'm kinda burnt out.

I just downloaded the demo for this game, and despite my first impressions from the cute artstyle I found myself really enjoying it! I'm considering a purchase.

Stupid questions ahead:
If you play in Classic mode do you still have a story in it?
How much story is there? I'm actually enjoying what's there right now but I wonder if it tapsrs off.
Roughly how long to beat the game?

Thanks. I've never played a game in the series before so I really don't know anything about this game.

tuffy

Stupid questions ahead:
There is a story. But since the game isn't going to make up personalities for the party members you've chosen, the story is told through NPCs and text boxes without any lines from your team.
How much story is there? I'm actually enjoying what's there right now but I wonder if it tapsrs off.
Not sure how much there is in Story mode, but Classic mode is pretty good about keeping the plot moving up until the final boss.
40-50 hours seems to be typical.

Anteo

I just downloaded the demo for this game, and despite my first impressions from the cute artstyle I found myself really enjoying it! I'm considering a purchase.

Stupid questions ahead:

Thanks. I've never played a game in the series before so I really don't know anything about this game.

You could try the demo of Etrian Oddysey 4. EO4 doesnt have a story mode so the demo is just classic mode. You can get a feel on how it will play out. Also EO4 has some different mechanics and classes and imo is the better game with subclassing and tiers of skills. EO:U is a remake of the first game so while it has some extra stuff compared to 4, it is still limited by some of the early stuff like no overworld and no tiers/subclasses

Laconic

Banned
So, um, yeah. I just beat ALBW... and I'm back. And I completely whored out. Hunting Horns getting cornucopia glitched, up in my game. Seven slots for days. Screw the last boss not giving me even a level 1 of its OP skill.

What am I missing? I got to the ant eggs through the southwest, but when I look at it it says I can't destroy it. What gives? Am I supposed to find another route?

Been listening to the OST for this game and it is absolutely incredible. A lot of it sounds like it is from some lost 80's anime or something. Totally getting a Galaxy Express 999 vibe from some of it. It's making me want to pick this up pretty badly. This is some damn good Yuzo Koshiro.

Battlefield- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNgtVFDJdCY

I beat the main game last night. Not sure if I'm going to do any postgame stuff or not.

Congratulations!

I am on like floor 12. These Etrian Odyssey games are very time-consuming. Story mode has been really weird. So if I make it to the end, I would probably restart in "classic" before doing the postgame.

I'm playing through in normal story, but I'm really missing the presence of a medic with patch up. I'm not seeing anything similar in the skill trees. Does anything like patch up ever show up in story mode?

ohlawd

I'm playing through in normal story, but I'm really missing the presence of a medic with patch up. I'm not seeing anything similar in the skill trees. Does anything like patch up ever show up in story mode?

What you see in the skill trees is what you'll get.

Patch Up might be a monster skill but I doubt that seeing as they have no use for it.

I just found this image. I agree with it, it is really lame that you are stuck with story mode if you pick it at the beginning.

Etrian-Odyssey-Untold-Review.jpg

Top Bottom