• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU and Japan to agree on trade deal next week

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Feta is the stuff I get in between my toes after a day-long hike.

Thanks but no thanks.

Also:

uLKhOb2.png

The biggest problem faced by Japanese automakers in Europe is that they are located in the UK, and that means that much of the supply chain is also there. If car parts are tariff free as it seems and Brexit goes sideways, I can see some manufacturers building factories in the EU.

cm osi

here in italy we got mostly bad cars, but way to much cheese, so bring it on.
also bring the anime thanks

Jasup

I just wanted to say I'm having some mozzarella for dinner because you people are out of your minds.

Well the Japanese wanted a soft cap on that, so more for you I guess.
As regards cheese exports, where the EU is already the main player on the Japanese market, high duties on many hard cheeses such as Gouda and Cheddar (which currently are at 29.8%) will be eliminated, and a duty-free quota will be established for fresh cheeses such as Mozzarella.
source: http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/press/index.cfm?id=1687

RocknRola

Also:

uLKhOb2.png

The biggest problem faced by Japanese automakers in Europe is that they are located in the UK, and that means that much of the supply chain is also there. If car parts are tariff free as it seems and Brexit goes sideways, I can see some manufacturers building factories in the EU.

If things go really sideways I think they'll start moving fast to the Continent.

Ball is in the UK court for now, I guess.

Top Bottom