• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falch

3-0 :D

This is the latest on the Dutch team:

--------------Van der Sar---------------
Heitinga---Stam---Bouma--Van Bronckhorst
-------------------------------------------
--------Cocu---------------Davids-------
--------------Van der Vaart-------------
Van der Meyde-----------------Zenden
---------------Van Nistelrooy------------

I'm pleased with this formation, but I'm worried about Van Der Vaart (hasn't been playing well this season) and the fact that the Germans will play with 5 midfielders.

EDIT: Gronkjaer has returned to the Danish squad. :D

Hooker

I will not try to predict the Holland - Germany game.

Predicting ANY Germany game is kinda hard to do. I just hope my fellow Dutchman will just humiliate them, annihilate them even :)

Fifty

It's not the starting 11, persay, but it's something.

GOALKEEPERS
1 Oliver Kahn (Bayern Munich)
12 Jens Lehmann (Arsenal)
23 Timo Hildebrand (Stuttgart)
DEFENDERS
2 Andreas Hinkel (Stuttgart)
3 Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin)
4 Christian Woerns (Borussia Dortmund)
5 Jens Nowotny (Bayer Leverkusen)
6 Frank Baumann (Werder Bremen)
16 Jens Jeremies (Bayern Munich)
17 Christian Ziege (Tottenham Hotspur)
21 Philipp Lahm (Stuttgart)
MIDFIELDERS
7 Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich)
8 Dietmar Hamann (Liverpool)
13 Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich)
15 Sebastian Kehl (Borussia Dortmund)
18 Fabian Ernst (Werder Bremen)
19 Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen)
22 Torsten Frings (Borussia Dortmund)
FORWARDS
9 Fredi Bobic (Hertha Berlin)
10 Kevin Kuranyi (Stuttgart)
11 Miroslav Klose (Kaiserslautern)
14 Thomas Brdaric (Hannover)
10 Lukas Podolski (Cologne)

B E N K E

I hope Holland wins it, but Germany always seems to grab late goals, equilizers and winners. I can't see the players who are going to do it, but perhaps someone steps up for them. Well they've got Ballack, but surely he alone can't do it.

Prine

Banned
OK boys, my prediction for Czech Match:

3-0

Latvia are going to get stomped on, will be interesting to see Baros work his magic. I think he has great potential.

Hooker

Man, I'm having trouble staying awake. It just looks... boring. The lack of sleep might also have some part in it.

Latvia is playing better than I've suspected though, but the Czechs will beat them in the end. They're in much better shape as all of them play in the big leagues (and with the big teams)

Hooker

For the interested, this is what THE match will look like :)

166708_340_1087294751166-VeldDUI-NL.gif

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Gabby's looking particularly hot today.

I don't know why everyone is saying England HAVE to beat Switzerland in that half time feature though. I certainly hope we will and expect to, it'd be easier if we did, but if we draw with them, that might not be so bad. Assuming france beat Croatia, that leaves England on 0 points, Croatia on 1 and Switzerland on 2. So then we'd just need to beat Croatia and hope France beat Switzerland (hardly a far fetched hope) and we'd still be through.

That'd be a sucky way to do it and I'm sure we won't make it that hard, but it's not like we go out if we don't beat Switzerland.

Hooker

Dude, that's like 4 matches away!!

And the biggest of them all still has to come!

EDIT: Man, that shot of Poborsky would have knocked most people out cold

Hooker

The Czechs are on fire now. I thought the ball was out but the commentators are telling me now the ball ahs to be over the line completely.

The ref was wrong with that number 10 just now, he was fouled

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Poor Latvia. Stupid mistake, a poor clearance, now there's no way back.

Dude, that's like 4 matches away!!

Yeah, but the feature was like 10 minutes ago.

Plus at this tournament apparently every game has something to do with England. No one gives a fuck about this game in this country, they're semi final opponents at best, yet there are loads of England flags throughout the crowd? Crazy.

oooh what to do. season finale of '24' and the evenings match are coming at same time... shit I will just tape the '24' and watch it later this evening.

Go Holland Go!

8bit

Knows the Score
C'mooan the Germans!

And the Swiss.

And the French.

Anyone but England really. I'm Scottish, but living on the France/German/Swiss border, so I'd be chucked out of the country if I supported England.

COCKLES

being watched
norinrad21 said:
Oh am so excited, only 42 minutes to go. The destruction of Germany is almost within our grasp.

"Football is a game where two teams play for 90 mins and Germany win"

:(

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Nice goal

(damn, i should be studying for my finals in Saturday and Monday, but i'm watching football whole day)

calder

I'm at work now, but one thing I LOVE about the world feed TSN is using for the games is the presentation. No stupid commentators yapping about stats trying to sound smart, nobody pointing out the obvious, no cheesy graphics filling the screen, no one talking AT ALL. Just long shots of the crowd, the players stepping onto the pitch and the cameras alternating showing you the faces of the players as they get ready and wide shots of the stadium to get you in the mood while the sound really just makes you feel like you're there.

No commercial breaks really help the pre-game atmosphere too, but damn would I love for other sports to try it out. Unlike, say, HNIC where the crowd is going nuts before the game but the announcers just won't stop talking and then *just* as the home team is about to take the ice they cut to commercials and make it back just time for the opening. Weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom