• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

COCKLES

being watched
sun01.jpg

:(

sun02.jpg

Big man of him to take the blame. But not Beckhams fault. Gerrard should be begging for forgiveness - blame lies squarely at his feet for that woeful blunder he gifted Henry.

COCKLES

being watched
No fans just went home in dejected.

Group of fans in London who were all tanked up went on rampage - about 400. Some poor bloke got shit kicked out of him because they thought he was French (was English but was wearing a blue shirt).

Solid

English magazines suck. They have no respect or sympathy what so ever. Idiots.

I will now fade away to the TV and watch Italy vs Denmark. Todeloo! :p

Deepthroat said:
English magazines suck. They have no respect or sympathy what so ever. Idiots.

I will now fade away to the TV and watch Italy vs Denmark. Todeloo! :p

Thats the sun for you. Newspaper for stupid people

Hooker

Man, what a game, what a game.

Already better than any game we've seen so far! Props to the Danish people!! I just hope they will be able to continue with this type of play in the second half (this uses insane amounts of stamina)

Solid

I'm disappointed at Italy so far. They are not playing as good as they can. My guess is that Del Piero will be substituted for Cassano soon. They need someone that shows some balls.

And don't forget to keep that extra eye on Zlatan Ibrahimovic (#10) in Sweden after Italy's match! :)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Good god Italy, wake up! They've been truly pathetic so far. Play like that against France and they'll be torn apart. Not taking anything away from the Danes, they've been very impressive, but Italy just suck. I know Denmark have a lot of pace and you can't stand shoulder to shoulder with them, but they're still standing waaaaay too far off.

In fact, I've so far been pretty unimpressed with most of the big teams. Portugal were dreadful, England good first half but still not enough to beat France, Spain fine but nothing special. Now Italy too. In fact I'll lump Holland in there as I saw the game against the Irish. They were really, really bad, especially in defence. No team has yet shown they can seriously compete with France, my only hope is with the Czech Republic who I hear are fantastic, though I haven't seen them in action yet.

Oh yeah, what's this European obsession with goalkeepers punching the ball (on a related note Sorensen was fantastic for those two saves)? There are times to punch, but surely when you can catch that's better. I'll never understand where it came from.

Falch

Nice game so far. Great saves by Danish goalkeeper. Italy leaves to much open space at midfield. Denmark really got their act together, Italy is still searching.

cja

Well played the Danes! Italy look lacklustre and not up for it in comparison. Hot stuff in Portugal, 32C, I worry for England come Thursday :(

Hooker

Oh, that's one nasty foul. The ref aren't quite consistant this EC. 2 legged charge by some guy in Switserland, and Totti just wanted to amputate his leg just now

Great game though, Denmark deserved to win this game.

Mike, cheer for Germany for me, you seem to jinx them :p

Mama Smurf

Well done Denmark. The keeper especially, but everyone did well. Italy may have the better looking fans (they always do damn them), but Denmark played the better football. Deserved to win, pity they didn't.

Denmark have got to be favourites as on of the two to go through after that performance. Not seen Sweden yet, and they have at least 3 very good players, but they'll be hard pressed to match their neighbours.

Very poor Italy. England might have lost yesterday, but we'll be a hell of a lot happier with that performance than Italy will be today, despite the point.

Fifty

Totti let his team down by his play, and should have got a red card for his lack of sportsmanship. Buffon and the CBs were Italy's only bright spots.

Mama Smurf

Why the hell is Del Piero still picked? I don't see him week in week out, but when I do he's SO poor.

Italy just didn't look like they cared. Sad.

Fifty

They call Totti the prince of Italian football, but maybe with his hair like that he should be called the princess.

COCKLES

being watched
Average stuff.

Denmark are a good wildcard bet for champions though. They looked pretty solid.

As noted. Gotta love the Italian fans. They all look like models. :D

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Yeah, such a stupid thing to do by Totti. In the last minute too, when they're not even defending. And it's pretty clear he wasn't aiming at the ball.

And I don't like how sissy the Italian players are at times. I mean, they seem to be aiming at opponents legs in order to create a foul, rather than trying to keep running with the ball when attacking. Yes, I know this kind of play can be found in just about any national team today, but Italy really pushed it in this match IMO. There were some situations when the different styles became really apparent:
One Danish player was tackled, got up, and kept going, then he lost the ball, tried to get it back, and the Italian player fell just by merely touching a Danish leg, more or less, and of course made some dramatic rolls on the grass. :p

I think it was a pretty fair result though, both teams had some good chances.

Hooker

Man, they showed Totti's fould from a couple of other views just now. I hope Denmark makes work of this. Bah, he could have crippled Laurson!

Fifty

Every player on Italy should get down on their knees and pray to Buffon after that game. He saved them from looking like even bigger fools.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Fifty said:
Every player on Italy should get down on their knees and pray to Buffon after that game. He saved them from looking like even bigger fools.

Well, you have to admit the Danish keeper did save his team more than a few times too.

Fifty

He was the first one I praised. But everyone expected Italy to win, and if they had lost it would have been a much bigger shock. Buffon's two saves within a 3 second span basically kept them in the game. So did the danish keeper's save off the header, but I'm just saying that a loss for Italy would look much worse than a draw in the media, and buffon saved them time and time again.

COCKLES said:
Gotta love the Italian fans. They all look like models. :D
:D

Didn't know the game was on so early, so I missed it. From what I'm hearing on here, either the Danes put on more pressure than expected, or Italy didn't play as well as they should have, and both goalies were heavily responsible for a scoreless tie- especially the Danish one who made some big saves.

Sound right?

Hooker

Nope, you make it sound like Italy was the better team. They were bested on EVERY front.

Goddamn, that girl had some huge boobies as well!!

(Sorry Mike, was planning to write more but someway or another it just flew from my mind. Hmm, must have been something I've seen...)

Fifty

Both goalies made plenty of game-saving saves. Buffons "double save" (the first shot palmed to a dane, that lead to another save) and the brilliant save off the header by the danish keeper were both amazing. Italy's fans were let down much moreso than the Denmark fans.

Deepthroat said:
And don't forget to keep that extra eye on Zlatan Ibrahimovic (#10) in Sweden after Italy's match! :)

:D

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
A decent first half. Bulgaria had more of the play during the first part of the half, but I think Sweden gained more play as the match progressed. I wish Sweden would play less long, high balls at Zlatan/Henke...better to play along the ground. Jacobsson is starting to shine in the defense, and even though Bulgaria had chances during the latter part of the half, I think the Swedish had pretty good control over the situations.

The through pass that led to the Swedish goal was brilliantly executed by Anders Svensson, and it's really nice by Zlatan to pass instead of shoot in that situation.

I hope Sweden will play for a second goal, instead of defending their lead. Looking at the current line-up though, it's more offense than defense with Mikael Nilsson + Wilhelmsson on the right side. Will be very interesting to see Chippen (Wilhelmsson) during the 2nd half. :)

COCKLES

being watched
I'm surprised how well matched all the teams have been so far. No-one has been bested or humilated by the other team.

Hooker said:
Nope, you make it sound like Italy was the better team. They were bested on EVERY front.
That's kind of impossible. There's no way a team can be bested on both offensive scoring chances and goalkeeping in a scoreless draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom