• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falch

Matches are played at the same time, this last round. All start at 20.45 European Time (Amsterdam, Brussel, Paris), which is 19.45 in Portugal.

amrum

norinrad21 said:
it will be tight as hell. Solari[sp] better put Renaldo in the starting line up, that kid will be bigger than Figo someday

Portugal's coach name is Scolari (Luiz Felipe) he is from Brasil & the kid's name whom play in Manchester United is Ronaldo (Cristiano)

=P

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Oh, haha, two games, I remember.

*is stupid*

Dammit Greece, I want you to win!

EDIT: Good, Pauleta yellow card, won't play in the quarter final. I know England aren't there yet and we won't necessarily face them, but it's potentially good.

Hooker

I can only watch the Portugal - Spain match, I want to see the Russia goal :/

Ronaldo and Deco are showing Scolari who's boss btw, fun fun fun :)

Hooker

Man-o-man, Cristiano Ronaldo's pricetag has like quadrupled after this game. He's tearing the whole Spanish defense up. With 3 man around him he'll still get the ball through, a corner kick or the foul.

Alucard

Banned
Ronaldo tore it up that entire half but Portugal had nothing to show for it. I wish I was watching the Russia/Greece game so I could actually see some goals. :-\

ourumov

I think that would be a good time to just change Xabi Alonso for Xavi and Raul for Morientes. Just my opinion.
We are going to loose this match because how silly our trainer is...there are good players that should be playing NOW.

Mama Smurf

Hahaha I just saw that Greek miss in the half time highlights. Awful.

Having seen the space Russia have, now I REALLY want to play Greece next round.

Hooker

I just saw the goals in the half-time report.

The second goal of Russia was very nice. A header in the same spirit as Larsson's goal against Bulgaria. Russia's first was the very first action and he shot from about 25 yards in. 1:10 on the clock, fastest goal ever on an European Championship.

Greece's goal was due to Russia's bad defending in the box. Fryzas just re-cooped the ball and headed it home

Hooker

ourumov said:
I think that would be a good time to just change Xabi Alonso for Xavi and Raul for Morientes. Just my opinion.
We are going to loose this match because how silly our trainer is...there are good players that should be playing NOW.
Xavi and Valéron need to go in. Not Morientes.

Valéron for Raul and Xavi for Alonso

ourumov

Valeron scored on the first match and IMO he is in better shape than Raul...But I think that el "Moro" is even better than both.
Anyways they are warming up (Valeron and Xavi). A substitution is coming.

Hooker

If it's any consolation for the Spaniards in here. The referee didn't fuck you over :)

(And another brilliant chance for Portugal, they should be ahead like 3-0)

Mama Smurf

Bye bye Spain.

Kind of sucks Portugal topped the group, but nevermind.

One favourite down, let's pray there aren't anymore tomorrow.

ourumov

I wanted Spain to be eliminated... I didn't like how the coach did things nor the alineations done. We deserved it.

Congratulations Portugal !!!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Portugal will play with second team from group B, Greece with first from same group
Group B - France, England, Croatia, Switzerland

Hooker

Wow Ouromov, our coach is a total asshat as well (as demonstrated yesterday) but I don't think I could ever say that I want my country to be eliminated at a big tournament.

pt.gif

PORTUGAL PORTUGAL :D :D :D :D

ourumov

Wow Ouromov, our coach is a total asshat as well (as demonstrated yesterday) but I don't think I could ever say that I want my country to be eliminated at a big tournament.
I have never identified myself with Spain (nor Catalunya although my language is Catalan)...For me it's not as dramatic as it seems.

Mama Smurf

I hope there aren't any more favourites eliminated in the group stages. I thought it was greta while it was happening in the World Cup, but the quality of later games really suffered for it.

Solid

I wanted Portugal to win, and they did. Weee
icon_bravo.gif

I feel sorry for Spain though, but they ain't better then this I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom