• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prine

Banned
FUCK YEAH!!!!

England have been terrorizing racist croatians, see them boo Ashley Cole? Bastards, Rooney is da man!!!

Owen been playing well too, along with Scholes, Gerrard, Becks, Campbell and Cole

Come on!

Dekajelly

Come on England! just don't fuck it up, please!

rooneygoal.gif

COCKLES

being watched
NOOOOOOOO!!!

You ain't scoring two more Crotia!!

And now France have scored!

:(

What would an England game be without the traditional last 15 mins England nerve jangler?

:(

COCKLES

being watched
norinrad21 said:
England needs another goal to avoid meeting Portugal

Just hack down Ronaldo in first 10 mins and that's Portugal taken care of.

:D

If we play like we did today, then bring them all on. I've seen nothing from Portugal to be afraid of apart from Ronaldo.

Top Scorer thus far: Wayne Rooney :D
Top Scoring team thus far: England :D

rooney.jpg

Socreges

Banned
...what haters?

Oh, and England may be able to handle teams like Croatia and Switzerland (not to imply that they aren't good), but they'll have trouble with the Frances and Portugals of the tournament.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
A nice win by England, but the defense didn't look too solid at times. Lucky for England they scored four goals themselves. ;)

It'll be a tough game between Portugal and England. I'm expecting a game with more offense than defense.

calder

I don't think he means Rooney haters so much as the anti-England crowd, especially the 'England has no talent and can't score hope they lose' fringe. Although a few ppl have mentioned how Rooney seems to be a bit mean-spirited... which as a hockey fan I rather like. He *is* rather like a power-forward, I see a lot of early Messier in him the way he likes to use his forearm in the face of the defender to try to pivot past. ;)

Socreges

Banned
Kiriku said:
He's probably talking about English media. ;)
Ah.

He just does that a lot with the Xbox, too. A game will get some praise and he'll immediately tell "haters" to "suck it down" and I'm just left there scratching my head.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Yeeeey!

We suck at defending set pieces. Strange as we're so strong taking them. Every goal we've conceded this tournament has been from a set piece. Croatia did have a very big team though.

cja

The England defence gives me kittens! Figo could have a field day :(

I was rather happy with the play when 1-0 down in the first half, easily the better team and it was just a matter of time before we scored. Then the second half was way too open and end to end for my liking. Keep giving the opposition easy free-kicks in dangerous positions and keep conceeding, argh. Really nervous at 3-2 with Rooney off the pitch and remembering France scored twice in injury time to beat us and Croatia having scored twice against France to turn the game around. Croatia really went for it in the second-half, good on 'em.

Rooney :D Rooney :D Rooney :D

Ronaldo is playing for Portugal?!?

I thought he played for Brazil or does soccer have fucked up rules where you can play for more then one country over your career?

Anyways

GO SWEDEN

Hooker

BigJonsson said:
Ronaldo is playing for Portugal?!?

I thought he played for Brazil or does soccer have fucked up rules where you can play for more then one country over your career?

Anyways

GO SWEDEN
Well, first of all, it's called FOOTBALL

Secondly, we're talking about Cristiano Ronaldo. The portugese kid who plays at Man Utd, and not the Brasilian bloke who plays for Real.

Hooker said:
Well, first of all, it's called FOOTBALL

Secondly, we're talking about Cristiano Ronaldo. The portugese kid who plays at Man Utd, and not the Brasilian bloke who plays for Real.

The world is only big enough for one Ronaldo

Maverick

Hell yes.

Rooney is my man, man. He plays balls out, which everyone has to respect. While I didn't get to see the game live, seems like England could really use Ferdinand back in their defense. '

Saw the France game. Henry was just waiting to break out. He's too solid of a player. Even when France was tied, they had that game in the bag. Their tempo is incredible.

England 2 - Portugal 1

Owen scores twice.

Mama Smurf

Ferdinand would be a huge plus, but we're really not that bad in defence. Just terrible on set pieces, which I hope they'll be working on all week now.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
College Dropout said:
Hell yes.

Rooney is my man, man. He plays balls out, which everyone has to respect. While I didn't get to see the game live, seems like England could really use Ferdinand back in their defense. '

Saw the France game. Henry was just waiting to break out. He's too solid of a player. Even when France was tied, they had that game in the bag. Their tempo is incredible.

England 2 - Portugal 1

Owen scores twice.

Owen? You're joking, he's in bad shape right now. Rooney is almost like the polar opposite of Owen when it comes to self-confidence.

Maverick

Owen, like Henry is too good of a player to disappear like this. Plus, now if you're Portugal, you are absolutely going to concentrate on Wayne Rooney. I guarantee Owen will have the opportunity to shine against Portugal.

Okay, fine, Owen with one and Lampard with the other. ;)

Mama Smurf

College Dropout said:
Owen, like Henry is too good of a player to disappear like this. Plus, now if you're Portugal, you are absolutely going to concentrate on Wayne Rooney. I guarantee Owen will have the opportunity to shine against Portugal.

Did you just compare Owen to Henry? At any time I'd say that's dodgy, but after their respective performances last season...

College Dropout said:

Not with Carvalho and Valente....;)
Speaking of Carvalho, it seems that Chelsea and R.Madrid are both clubs after him, i swear Chelsea is building a monster team, with Deco and Ferreira already in Chelsea's pocket it seems now that Carvalho is the next victim, Porto will be empty after this market season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom