• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFA_AOK

norinrad21 said:
The new Pele?

Aren't you English over reacting?

Anyway England needs a new keeper for the Portugal game, James is an idiot

I think it was actually Sven who said the Pele thing - something along the lines of "I haven't seen a football make an impact like that in a tournament since.... Pele, I think."

As for James, I don't think he's done too bad, I reckon he's had to learn quite a bit this tourny. Some nice saves from him.

As for the person with the "What haters?" comment - flick back through the thread and see some of the comments about England "They're not going through" etc etc.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
The Italians are clever. Ever since a Danish player mentioned that it would be possible to reach QF if they played 2-2 against Sweden, Italian media has been on the hunt.

It seems like they suspect Denmark and Sweden are going to arrange that very result in their upcoming game. This is the only thing Italian media want to ask the Swedish and Danish teams about. It went so far that one of the Swedish coaches got angry (first time I recall seeing him upset) at all the Italians journalists asking the same questions over and over again.

I think it's a bit silly trying to find scapegoats like this, blaming other countries because they may not reach QF's. The fact is, Italy put themselves in this situation. They could've won all of their games, and there would be nothing to worry about.

But the sad/funny thing is, now Sweden and Denmark are pressed NOT to play 2-2. Because if they do, it will be considered an arranged match. But I'm sure the Italians are worried anyway...because in the same situation, they would probably aim for 2-2 themselves. :)

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
The Italian media is a disgrace. A couple of Italian journalists sneaked into the hotel where the Swedish team is residing and tried to fax the Danish team in a ploy to uncover any arrangements but were caught by the hotel staff. Italian tv station Rai is putting up extra cameras for the match just in case.

The players are a bunch wankers as well.

Go Bulgaria!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
cybamerc said:
The Italian media is a disgrace. A couple of Italian journalists sneaked into the hotel where the Swedish team is residing and tried to fax the Danish team in a ploy to uncover any arrangements but were caught by the hotel staff. Italian tv station Rai is putting up extra cameras for the match just in case.

The players are a bunch wankers as well.

Go Bulgaria!

Yeah, I read about that, such a stupid thing to do. I heard they tried the same thing from the hotel where the Danish players are staying too.

And today, I read that Totti along with Roma and their respective lawyers, are planning to sue media for huge amounts of money, because they're under the impression that media destroyed the image of Totti as a team captain after his spitting attack. Silly.

callous

It's really sad how Italy is going about this. It only shows me two things. 1: That this kind of thing could actually happen in Italy, and 2: That they don't have a clue about this part of the world.

A fixed game between Denmark and Sweden is a completely ludicrous thought. First of all, we are WAY too competitive to even consider such a thing and secondly, Scandinavia just doesn't work like that.

My disdain for Italy's conduct during this whole championship is growing every day.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
I actually do hope Denmark and Sweden play 2-2 for two reasons:
1. Italy doesn't deserve to advance
2. To see Italy's reaction

calder

callous said:
It's really sad how Italy is going about this. It only shows me two things. 1: That this kind of thing could actually happen in Italy, and 2: That they don't have a clue about this part of the world.

A fixed game between Denmark and Sweden is a completely ludicrous thought. First of all, we are WAY too competitive to even consider such a thing and secondly, Scandinavia just doesn't work like that.

My disdain for Italy's conduct during this whole championship is growing every day.

Agree 100%. Italy blaming their shoes and socks after the first game was just sort of funny, but their conduct the whole tourney has me rooting firmly against them. Yeah, they got screwed in Korea but now all they see are conspiracies and convenient excuses.

Solid

This is Swedens line-up.

Goalkeeper: Andreas Isaksson
Defenders: Mikael Nilsson, Olof Mellberg, Andreas Jakobsson, Erik Edman
Midfielders: Mattias Jonson, Kim Källström, Anders Andersson, Fredrik Ljungberg
Strikers: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson

As usual, keep a special eye on Zlatan Ibrahimovic :)

cuccoo

i'm still rooting for italy because some of my favorite players are there. not all italian players are bad.

though, because of the many disgraceful things happening at the italian camp, I wouldnt feel bad if they dont qualify.

jett

D-Member
Italy vs. Bulgaria is extremely boring so far...jeez. I guess they deserve to tie, but I'm still rooting for Italy anyway. :p

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
About time the Italian defence was punished for the crap they pull.

The kick in the face was a bit of a kick in the face though.

Mama Smurf

Moronic linesman.

I'll miss the Italian crowd if they go out, or at least the women (though the one they jst showed wasn't great), but I won't miss the Italian attitude.

Mama Smurf

It's 2-2 in the other game so maybe it doesn't matter, but a ball was played through for Italy and they were given offside, despite the fact that there was a Bulgarian player lying on the floor maybe 15 yeards ahead of him. Apparentl injured players don't count in that linesman's mind.

Mama Smurf

Italy have scored. I don't think I'm gonna be able to take the whining when they find out the other game finished 2-2. Bye bye Italy, thanks for the laughs.

cuccoo

I really think the scandinavian teams really engineered the match. Its impossible to get 2-2 out of all the possiblities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ourumov

Oh damn...I hate they are out...IMO they played very bad and far away from their possibilities... :(

I just hope England doesn't win this Euro 2004...

amrum

Bye bye Italia !
icon30.gif

Worst scenario for Italia !
icon18.gif

What a crazy tournament !
icon24.gif

Hmm, I'm not sure who I want to win the tourney now.

I like England more than France, but I want France to beat England if they meet, even if it's in the final.

Who else is through to the second round?

B E N K E

Sweden's 2-2 goal was against the run of play... Denmark came very close to scoring 3-1, they must have had 4 or 5 clear chances. Sweden seem to have that special knack of scoring goals when they really need it. I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom