• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobi

Banned
Well Germany lost because they are just loosers with too much money. Goalkeeper Kahn says they lost because their team was too young LOL

cja

The fixtures for the Premiership and Coca-Cola Leagues have been announced today.

First day of the season :D

Aston Villa v Southampton
Blackburn v West Brom
Bolton v Charlton
Chelsea v Man Utd
Everton v Arsenal

Man City v Fulham
Middlesbrough v Newcastle
Norwich v Crystal Palace
Portsmouth v Birmingham
Tottenham v Liverpool

_40308511_wenger_ferguson203.jpg

Solid

cja said:
Chelsea v Man Utd
Chelsea's first 3 points :D

Marcel Desailly
William Gallas
Wayne Bridge
John Terry
Claude Makelele
Frank Lampard
Joe Cole
Boudewijn Zenden
Arjen Robben
Paulo Ferreira
Deco
Crespo

OWNAGE! :)

Really looking forward to the match tonight. As an Irishman I'll be wearing my Portugese shirt. :)

Seriously though, I just hope it's a great game and the best team goes through. I think it's a blessing in disguise that Pauleta is suspended, Nuno Gomez has looked a lot sharper than him so far. He has a good record against England as well, a repeat of the 2000 game would be fantastic.

What happened the sticky?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so pumped I think I'm going to have to hit the Vodka early...

I'm not going to make any predictions, other than predicting a lack of sobriety in the Freeburn household.

It's only the 1/4 finals, god knows how I'll feel if we go through (Other than elated & drunk) :D

Freeburn.

Solid

Anyone remember when England and Portugal played in Euro 2000 and Figo scored that canon? Shit, what a goal. I want to see something like that again tonight :D

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I don't :p

I want Rooney to continue to dazzle, Owen to break his dry spell and Lampard to continue doing what Lampard does. :D

Freeburn.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Penalties... *shudder*

Anyone remember Viz's cut-out-&-keep "Chris Waddle's Penalty Shootout Kit"? :p

We'll damn well win this in in open play, damn it.

My Vodka won't last until extra-time, I think I need some Stella too.

*runs shop*

Freeburn

calder

My predictions:
Early Portugese pressure
Teams settle, both get odd good chance
late 1st half/early 2nd English goal
Furious Portugese rally, constant attack, English barely hanging on to lead, 500 Englishmen die in front of the telly
Late tying goal that has the announcers saying "you could see that coming the last (5/10/15/20) minutes". :(

Extra time... and I won't even guess who'd win then.

B E N K E

People who care most about football in Europe:

1. Holland 63.7% of the population watched the game against Czexh Rep on TV.

2. Sweden 42.7% vs. Denmark

3. Croatia 42.5% vs. England

4. Italy 36.4% vs. Sweden

5. Portugal 35% vs. Spain

6. Denmark 30.1% vs. Italy

7. England 27.9% vs. Croatia

8. Germany 26.5% vs. Holland

9. Spain 25.7% vs. Portugal

10. Bulgaria 23% vs. Sweden

(according to Swedish daily Aftonbladet)

Maybe the games aren't on channels that everyone can see in all countries? Pretty weak for England in my opinion...

Hooker

Netherlands - Germany was around 10+ million people IIRC

That should be around 62.5% Maybe Holland - Czech Republic had a couple of 100.000 more :)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Those stats are questionable, If those stats are based on TV viewing figures then that might explain it.

The majority of English fans were in the Pub watching the game, the traditional place to watch England play, not at home in front of the TV.

It's where I would be right now if I didn't have baby-sitting duties tonight.

Freeburn.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I just mean the supporters. Every game so far has been like a damn home game for England.

It'll be interesting to see how the crowd breaks down tonight.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Our control and passing game seemed to last only for the 1st 15 mins of the half, but Owen produced and what a touch it was, outside of the foot and on the turn - that deserves some credit, what a way to break the drought.

Portugal have responded well however and pushed us deeper and deeper and controlled possession, it is fortunate that we're 1-0 up going into halftime.

There's more goals in this game yet :D

Freeburn.

Maverick

I haven't been this into a game since the Ireland/Spain World Cup 2002 PK game......

Please don't have the same heartbreaking result. :(

COCKLES

being watched
CUNT REF!

Campbell had exactly the same thing happen to him against Argentina in a QF - perfectly good goal waved away by ref.

I'm sure he had a FIFA brown envelope handed to him before game with executive orders - "England have had their fun...but it's time for them to go out".

Maverick

Damnit, the English announcer was going crazy when they thought they had scored the goal. I'm only getting the audio feed. What the hell happened???

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The swiss ref is a total joke, there was nothing wrong with that goal at all, Terry was just standing still and the keeper jumped on him and fell down.

England have played shit all second half but really its just shown the medicority of Portugal who still couldnt break them down, england look tired though i wouldnt be supprised if portugal stole the game now, with Rooney and Scholes off and Beckham playing a stinker, blind luck or penalties are englands only hopes.

Maverick

The English announcer seems to think it was a BS call, which is course isn't shocking or anything, but I'd like to see it for myself. The Algerian TV feed sucks.

EDIT: Okay, now I guess they saw the replay and Terry's arm was around the keeper.

Fifty

College Dropout said:
I haven't been this into a game since the Ireland/Spain World Cup 2002 PK game......

Please don't have the same heartbreaking result. :(

I agree. :D That game still haunts me :(

COCKLES

being watched
Bluemercury said:
Foul to the keeper, they just jumped on him....

What where the goalie is standing right next to them?

Ref fucking bottled it infront of the home crowd.

They don't have Golden goals anymore...so it's looking like penalties.

OMG...not another penalty heartbreak - I'd rather we lose from a goal in next 30 mins to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom