• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Bluemercury said:
Yeah right.....England is shit but portugal whos playing better is worse, what a joke....

That isnt what i said, i said england are playing shit, they look tired but portugal still couldnt break them down.

EDIT:
No complaints about the penalties, both sides lost one due to the dodgy spot Well Done Portugal but there never should have been extra time.

COCKLES

being watched
I'll go with Portugal as well. Sadly. :( Hope I'm wrong. I think Becks will miss :(

Wonder if Figo is watching from stands on his gone home?

COCKLES

being watched
I knew Vassell would miss.....

he looked a doomed man.

:(

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Winning goal denied. Penalties. What other way could it possibly end :(

I'll be putting my weight behind Sweden for the rest of the tourny.

Sirolf

YEAH VIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PORTUGALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
I'm french but i'm a portuguese tonight!!! :p
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Maverick

You know, it isn't so much that they lost as the fact that Rooney won't get to play in another Euro game. The guy was incredible.

cuccoo

LOL. He saved and scored. Well deserved win. They seriously play better than England, though England was pretty brave in the extra time.

Solid

Y-E-S!!!
icon_bravo.gif

Best game in the tournament so far!

Fifty

Oh fuck. Now everyone in my neighborhood is yelling.....Cars honking....For the next 6 days I'm just going to see screaming Portugal fans. Rub some salt in my wound why don't you..

Godammit shut up!!!! Don't make my close my windows.

Sirolf

A great great game!!Fabulous on all levels...I was for the Portugal but England has played very very well..They can go home proud!!

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
So much to say...sorry if any has already been said, couldn't exactly leave the game.

England looked so, so tired. It's understandable of course. Not only have we had a day less rest since the last game, a lot of the Portugese players are used to playing in such temperatures.

By the quality of the play, I'll admit it, Portugal deserved to win. By the rules of the game however, England did. That Sol Campbell goal....argh! The defenders have just as much right to stand where they are as the goalkeeper does. I fucking hate this extra protection goalkeepers get! There's nothing in the rules of the game about it I assure you! I just hope Fifa clamp down on it at some point, like they do every so often on certain points.

Rui Costa's goal was amazing. Without a doubt Portugal's best game throughout the tournament in fact.

I am so not surprised we lost the penalty shoot out. We suck at them. Ok, we didn't do that badly, we just suck at winning them. I'm not going to make an excuse for Beckham missing entirely, but I just wonder how unlucky he was to take that first penalty. Every single player after that first kick stamped down that spot, and if you saw the close up just before Ronaldo took it you'll know why. It was terrible! How much that affected him, I don't know.

Anyway...at least it wasn't the Germans.

COCKLES

being watched
College Dropout said:
You know, it isn't so much that they lost as the fact that Rooney won't get to play in another Euro game. The guy was incredible.

Yeah he deserved better. He didn't even get fouled...his shoe fell off and he twisted his ankle keeping the balance. That kinda sums up England's luck in these tourneys.

Just playing the disallowed goal again...perfect. Linesman gives it, but the ref doesn't want to know. Arsehole.

Oh well - roll on Germany 2006. :(

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Oh, almost forgot. Losing Rooney was the best thing that could have happened to Portugal. Quite aside from the fact that he's an excellent talent on his own, he just gives England such a better balance. He's the guy who links up Owen with the midfield, the player who can pick up those balls the Portugese defence are heading out. And he can drop into midfield to give us an extra man when needed. It's such a pity his tournament had to end that way.

Alucard

Banned
That was really intense. I couldn't believe it when England tied it up but as soon as they went into penalties I just had a feeling that the Portugese would pull out a win. Beckham can't seem to score on penalty kicks. He was 0-2 this tournament.

thank god england is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man beckham sucks,he totaly blacked out while taking that PK!
stupid move of my fellow swedish mate and coach for england"svennis is from my home town and i know him"

svennis should have not let beckham take the first PK

so lets hope sweden wins agains holland"but i doubt it"

Charles said:
Please stop Beckham from taking penalties, for the love of the God of football.

Oh cmon i feel sorry for him and you know what?thank God Figo didnt shoot the penalties because i bet with you he would have missed, just like Beckham, Figo is better with not shooting.......let him him do the plays but dont let him shoot............

norinrad21 said:
The tabloids will slaughter Beckham tomorrow

I swear these tabloids are horrible, i was at England for a couple of weeks and i swear these papers are so bad you almost faint, i really feel sorry for Beckham he looks like a very decent person and not the things these stupid tabloids write about him......

JMPovoa

Yeah right. Blame it on the ref. England spent most of the game on their half. They didn't deserve to win really. What they did really well was defend. Ashley Cole was superb against Ronaldo.
The disallowed England goal was a good call. It was in the goalie's area and besides, the English player put his arm on Ricardo's shoulder, clearly preventing him from ever reaching the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom