• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacbois

Haven't seen the French team playing for a while. But I know him from some Roma games I 've seen. Unfortunately you see it quite often that great club players play shitty for their national teams.

The team looks good, offense looks amazing (expect perhaps Nasri, but we still got Ben Arfa or a Benzema/Giroud duo), midfield is solid. BUT defense is really shaky. Mexes is really slow and can't really communicate with Rami. Evra makes a lot of mistakes. Hopefully, Debuchy and Koscielny are looking good.

What I'm really afraid of is a fast english team. If Mexes is as slow as he was against Iceland/Estonia, we're in trouble. Then again Lloris is a good keeper but I'm afraid it won't be enough.

Wilbur

Banned
damn I was just watching a sports show going over the Dutch/Dane game.

had clips of the 20 goal scoring chances that NL fluffed. Was heartbreaking. I still think they got 'badlucked' a little. they made A LOT of chances.

Think I might actually back NL against Germany with some money. Based off nothing but 'cmon they have to win'

Calling it, Denmark to beat Portugal and go through second.

Korez

Reposting here.

cut
270893_431697173537171_245877738_n.jpg

Clegg

Really? wtf, how can be someone so dense?
The banks and government have no money, but
1. Even if there is less jobs and shit people still live normal lives like they always did.
2. People still have money to spend in luxuries, the majority of companies can still make money, etc...

Is that how other countries see us from outside? like if there is people dying in the streets and some war is going on or some shit like that?

I think some people genuinely think like this.

Salvadora

The team looks good, offense looks amazing (expect perhaps Nasri, but we still got Ben Arfa or a Benzema/Giroud duo), midfield is solid. BUT defense is really shaky. Mexes is really slow and can't really communicate with Rami. Evra makes a lot of mistakes. Hopefully, Debuchy and Koscielny are looking good.

What I'm really afraid of is a fast english team. If Mexes is as slow as he was against Iceland/Estonia, we're in trouble. Then again Lloris is a good keeper but I'm afraid it won't be enough.

I wouldn't worry lol

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Might have to sign up to that. How do they expect to make money? Peple who read that clause will just bet on France and then it's a win win situation (or rather, a win-no lose situation).

it's only for certain things. they're not stupid.

No. Huntelaar should not play against Germany in favor of Van Persie. Germany is not a team that will give many opportunities and space, and against those you'll need footballing players. As much as I don't like the striker Van Persie in the team, he does bring footballing qualites. More than Huntelaar who is only a clinical finisher.

Together perhaps, but you'll see both players moving out of position a lot.

Van Marwijk's problem is that he uses 2 defensive midfielders even against a defending team like Denmark. But against Germany its suicide if you don't.

Problem is that Germany doesn't need to come, they will counter attack for sure.
Nice post.
And just because some ppl. like simple statistics: Huntelaar did not score vs. either Bayern (Badstuber, Boateng, Lahm) or Dortmund (Hummels) this season, and only scored once in the last 7 games over the course of two seasons vs. those opponents.
Our defenders know him in and out. RvP? Not so much.

Ire D. Spa
Ita D. Cro
Spa D. Cro
Ire ties Ita

Ita 5
Ire 4
Spa 4
Cro 3

Ireland would get in ahead of Spain since they beat them in scenario? Trying to figure out how Ireland and Italy make it through as I have their blood from my mom(Grandpa Irish, Grandma Italian).

Don't.

Really? wtf, how can be someone so dense?
The banks and government have no money, but
1. Even if there is less jobs and shit people still live normal lives like they always did.
2. People still have money to spend in luxuries, the majority of companies can still make money, etc...

Is that how other countries see us from outside? like if there is people dying in the streets and some war is going on or some shit like that?

No, as you can see from the responses most people certainly don't.

Calling it, Denmark to beat Portugal and go through second.

It's not like we usually don't beat Portugal, so nothing crazy there.

f0rk

I got Spain in the office sweepstake, after today's game how likely does football-GAF think it is that I'll win £30?

Yen

Ire D. Spa
Ita D. Cro
Spa D. Cro
Ire ties Ita

Ita 5
Ire 4
Spa 4
Cro 3

Ireland would get in ahead of Spain since they beat them in scenario? Trying to figure out how Ireland and Italy make it through as I have their blood from my mom(Grandpa Irish, Grandma Italian).

Huh? If Ireland draw with Italy and Spain, they will have 2 points and will finish bottom of the group.

I think some people genuinely think like this.

Well... fuck.
When our news (spanish) show Greece they show it in a worse way though, so maybe is not so bad and its just the outside press that greatly misinforms this people, and if they do it for Greece other countries can do it also with Italy, Spain and Portugal for example.

So guys who think like this, its not so bad here, really lol
Nothing like Germany during the great depression or some shit like that.

Linius

I got Spain in the office sweepstake, after today's game how likely does football-GAF think it is that I'll win £30?
I don't think you can say that much after one match. Spain lost their first WC game in 2010 and ended up winning the title.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
no offense to irish people but man i love it when "we're not entertaining suck on it" teams get blown out. on no you were quite entertaining thanks

Linius

Well... fuck.
When our news (spanish) show Greece they show it in a worse way though, so maybe is not so bad and its just the outside press that greatly misinforms this people, and if they do it for Greece other countries can do it also with Italy, Spain and Portugal for example.

So guys who think like this, its not so bad here, really lol
Nothing like Germany during the great depression or some shit like that.
I have some Spanish mates on Facebook from my exchange a few year's back. I still see those party pictures coming trough every week, so all is well :p

Wilbur

Banned
I really hope we can at least win the next two matches at least..

You're Dutch? You'll beat Portugal, I don't think they're looking too great despite causing Germany a few problems. Germans just know how to win, they'll beat you I think.

Linius

You're Dutch? You'll beat Portugal, I don't think they're looking too great despite causing Germany a few problems. Germans just know how to win, they'll beat you I think.
Portugal has some great players, but they're not that great as a collective. But I must say, the last 20 minutes from yesterday did impress me. They got stronger and stronger, one way traffic.

Wilbur

Banned
Portugal has some great players, but they're not that great as a collective. But I must say, the last 20 minutes from yesterday did impress me. They got stronger and stronger, one way traffic.

I think Germany were a little naive, but they controlled the first 70. They'll take heart from it. I think the group will end.

Germany 7
Denmark 6
Netherlands 4
Portugal 0

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just want to say that I love the Euro 2012 logo.

d06No.jpg

Prettiest one in a good while. It is just so cool to look at.

Let's try to forget the mascots

Still hurts. Hiddink cheering and laughing like crazy hurts even more. But revenge will surely come one day, and this year there's a chance to make it happen.

2008 was the revenge match for the Euro 1988 final. Damn Van Basten.

But a Russia- Holland match would be really exciting I think. Both teams are good going forward and questionable defensively. And Kerzhakov and Van Persie will get a chance to prove who is indeed the worst finisher in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom