• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Huntelaar should not play against Germany in favor of Van Persie. Germany is not a team that will give many opportunities and space, and against those you'll need footballing players. As much as I don't like the striker Van Persie in the team, he does bring footballing qualites. More than Huntelaar who is only a clinical finisher.

Together perhaps, but you'll see both players moving out of position a lot.

Van Marwijk's problem is that he uses 2 defensive midfielders even against a defending team like Denmark. But against Germany its suicide if you don't.

Problem is that Germany doesn't need to come, they will counter attack for sure.
Yeah right. We need more creative players in the midfield not up front, the striker should be a clinical finisher. Maybe you should watch the Germany game again. Gomez had 8 touches on the ball before he scored. That is why you put someone like that in the front.

I would always put Huntelaar up front and start putting people on the right side of the pitch. If you're left footed you should play on the left wing and not the other way around. Sneijder can take Van Bommel's position (fat chance when Van Bommel is the coach son in law though) and van Persie behind Huntelaar.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Is any other team playing right now outside of the Euro? I think my Mexican neighbors just had an orgasm.

Linius

Yeah right. We need more creative players in the midfield not up front, the striker should be a clinical finisher. Maybe you should watch the Germany game again. Gomez had 8 touches on the ball before he scored. That is why you put someone like that in the front.

I would always put Huntelaar up front and start putting people on the right side of the pitch. If you're left footed you should play on the left wing and not the other way around. Sneijder can take Van Bommel's position (fat chance when Van Bommel is the coach son in law though) and van Persie behind Huntelaar.
Yeah, that is never happening with Bert. He's way to conservative, he never changes his team. But I really hope that he at least puts Huntelaar before RVP. That would make a big difference. Agreeing with the Gomez statement.

why not put RvP on one of the wings though? I can easily see him there with his speed and technical skills... Huntelaar up front and RvP+Robben on the wings... actually nevermind Robben, he is in a bad phase plus the Germans REALLY know his shtick so put someone else there...

oh wait i forgot since Bert doesn't like to play 4 - 3 - 3, there actually are no real offensive "Wings" :(

Visceir

I'm guessing France will get a sudden goal early on and then hold the 1-0 lead until halftime. Then score another goal on second half while england becomes more desperate. Either that or it will be a 0-0 draw.

Sweden will easily defeat Ukraine, haven't made any bets for that match yet though.

Wilbur

Banned
Hows the ribs btw?

Aching but okay thanks, on painkillers and been told to take work off for a few days haha. Sitting in masturbating isn't that bad you know, I recommend it.

Never seen you post before until today. You've jumped right into my top 3 gaffers.

Just saying.

Aw shucks <3

SEE CLEGG

People do love my tiny dick

Who just scored? That'll determine their nationality.

pffftttttttttttttttttt i dont even care. Some team.

Divius

Day 3

RtOlS.png

sucka's

Just noticed that the Spanish shirts had a little Italian flag next to the Spanish one. Anybody knows the reason? Will they have a different one for every game?

tumblr_m5f0v78p3i1rwnfdugd.png

It would be nice to own a Spanish jersey with an Italian flag, i guess.

Socreges

Banned
Just saw the Ireland/Croatia highlights.

The 2-1 goal wasn't offside... But wasn't Ward fouled as he tried to clear the ball? Looks like he meant to clear it, but a Croat kicked the back of his leg at the same time causing him to miskick it.

Maybe it's already been brought up, but the commentators seemed oblivious.

rodvik

Ready to play England bingo with the ESPN lollentators tomorrow.

"Tired after a long season."
"Used to a faster paced game."
"No link up between midfield and forwards."
"Great spirit"
"World class left back."
"Missing Rooney."
"Best league in the world."
"Hart didnt deserve that."
"France were always favourites here."

Linius

"Great spirit"
"World class left back."
"Missing Rooney."
Someone should make an actual bingo card for this. Guess you'll be crossing them all of the list :p

Wilbur

Banned

"Great spirit"
"World class left back."
"Missing Rooney."

Don't forget

"Lot more solid under the new man"
"Gary Neville barking out instructions"
"Now what can Carroll provide from this set piece?"
"Rio Ferdinand will be looking on and wondering what might be"

rodvik

Someone should make an actual bingo card for this. Guess you'll be crossing them all of the list :p

Hehe yup. I left out the new classic.

"You cant fault Carrolls effort today."

Don't forget

"Lot more solid under the new man"
"Gary Neville barking out instructions"
"Now what can Carroll provide from this set piece?"
"Rio Ferdinand will be looking on and wondering what might be"

Oh shit thats a good one.

Kjellson

Just noticed that the Spanish shirts had a little Italian flag next to the Spanish one. Anybody knows the reason? Will they have a different one for every game?

tumblr_m5f0v78p3i1rwnfdugd.png

It would be nice to own a Spanish jersey with an Italian flag, i guess.
Most of the teams has that actually:

1812137_w2.jpg

1812653_w2.jpg

1810989_w2.jpg

1810819_w2.jpg

rodvik

Oh I just want some shit on my visage

but yeah, I suppose watching England win would be cool too.

I am dying here.

No matter what the result tomorrow I will claim I predicted it. Nobody is going to wade back through the thread and call me on it.

Linius

I am dying here.

No matter what the result tomorrow I will claim I predicted it. Nobody is going to wade back through the thread and call me on it.
I can ask you to predict a result now and throw the print screen right back at you tomorrow :)

Wilbur

Banned
When you guys win what? Tomorrow's fixture or the tournament?

holy shit hahaha the idea of us winning the tournament is funnier than the irish winning the tournament and almost as funny as the dutch winning the tournament.

Seriously, here's what happens. We lose to France, draw with Sweden and beat Ukraine, going through with 4 points (France on 9, Sweden on 2, Ukraine on 1).

Then we come up against Spain and we catenaccio the fucking urethra off them, winning 1-0 thanks to a late Phil Jones wonderstrike.

Then we come up against Russia in the semis, who dispatched Denmark in the quarters. 2-2 going into extra time and Carroll runs from his own half to knock it into the path of a rampaging Scott Parker.

We're through to the final against the French. We go 2-0 up early on before Benzema pulls one back, and then the FFA realise Nasri looks like this guy:

250px-Greatwhiteshark.PNG

We win by default because his horrific appearance scars the nation of France.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You can see how much Spain miss Villa.

He's been the best striker in the world over the last 5 years imo.

He would have offered more of a threat in the first half for Spain and he would have scored at least one of the chances Torres had.

My sarcasm meter must be broken...
He's had one fantastic year, a very good one, then a decent yera (considering his leverage of course, not comparing his performance square to some nobodies) and two pretty shitty ones. Hardly makes him the best striker in the world, that's some hyperbole. Even not bringin' Messi or CR to the table (whom *are* strikers, ss or not doesn't change that) for all the flak he gets Ibra is on a whole other planet. RVP, Di Natale, Eto'o, Milito, Robben (more of a WF) and Gomez all performed better than him and there's plenty others. Still, Villa is a fantastic striker no doubt.

holy shit hahaha the idea of us winning the tournament is funnier than the irish winning the tournament and almost as funny as the dutch winning the tournament.

Seriously, here's what happens. We lose to France, draw with Sweden and beat Ukraine, going through with 4 points (France on 9, Sweden on 2, Ukraine on 1).

Then we come up against Spain and we catenaccio the fucking urethra off them, winning 1-0 thanks to a late Phil Jones wonderstrike.

Then we come up against Russia in the semis, who dispatched Denmark in the quarters. 2-2 going into extra time and Carroll runs from his own half to knock it into the path of a rampaging Scott Parker.

We're through to the final against the French. We go 2-0 up early on before Benzema pulls one back, and then the FFA realise Nasri looks like this guy:

250px-Greatwhiteshark.PNG

We win by default because his horrific appearance scars the nation of France.

Russia to make the semis?

Not bad.
5905.jpg

"Great spirit"
"World class left back."
"Missing Rooney."

Don't forget

"fantastic goal by Carroll"
"brilliant showing of human decency by John Terry there"

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
F'n ESPN crew trying to bring that garbage player bashing to Europe...trying to get Ballack and Rossi to bash Mario....shit is sickening and and pathetic...u can see they are trying too hard. They love to create Terrell Owens hate type influences any chance they get.

Good thing Ballack and Rossi held their own opinions and didn't cave in ESPN's pressure.

Wow, that sounds pathetic. Is there a video of it anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom