• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Amazing the german media is working overtime with their Gomez bashing. I'm almost starting to hate international tournaments with all this "mainstream" bashing of our football players. THANKS ALOT SCHOLL!

Linius

Amazing the german media is working overtime with their Gomez bashing. I'm almost starting to hate international tournaments with all this "mainstream" bashing of our football players. THANKS ALOT SCHOLL!
On the first page of my Dutch paper I saw that The Bild blames Robben for our loss.

Would be great to see score Robben one or two goals against Germany and then wait what they will write this time :p

FillerB

The biggest problem in the dutch squad atm is van Bommel's position in the squad. I mean de Jong played decent to good an no cards, yet you sub him for van der Vaart while van Bommel played a bad match and was booked. Van Marwijk is just so stubborn and it will cost us any chance of making it to the next round, unless he changes stuff.

As said before, van Bommel is his son-in-law. Do you reaaaaally expect Van Marwijk to treat him based on just his performance. Yeah, it sucks but it's so completely obvious that the only reason Van Marwijk keeps him on is is because otherwise the next coffee visit from his daughter would be somewhere around 2020.

Gregorn

Does anyone in England think England might win? Everyone I know seems to think there's no chance, which is the complete opposite from previous times. I'm not even seeing those adverts that are like "is this the year?" All of those flags I saw during the jubilee are gone already too.

I suppose it's for the best, so there won't be any disappointment.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

bild.de? just clicked on it the other day to see what's up and saw all the pics about gomez, my german is still not that good though.

fuenf

On the first page of my Dutch paper I saw that The Bild blames Robben for our loss.

Would be great to see score Robben one or two goals against Germany and then wait what they will write this time :p

Yeah that too, according to BILD / most of the german media the 2 worst players of the tournament are Robben and Gomez so far. (to be fair, BILD isnt actively bashing Gomez but they are in the process of building their opinion (which will then be the general consensus).)

bild.de? just clicked on it the other day to see what's up and saw all the pics about gomez, my german is still not that good though.

It's like "yeah he scored the winning goal but we were bad and Gomez was the reason. Without him we would've thrashed Portugal and played modern football in perfection."

Edit: And fuck this modern football bullshit too. What is modern football? Barca-style? Well i've yet to see it work without Messi and even then it's no guarantee so win it all. Yeah Spain is great but you can clearly see that they are missing Messi / Villa (same goes for the WC 2010)

n0n44m

As said before, van Bommel is his son-in-law. Do you reaaaaally expect Van Marwijk to treat him based on just his performance. Yeah, it sucks but it's so completely obvious that the only reason Van Marwijk keeps him on is is because otherwise the next coffee visit from his daughter would be somewhere around 2020.

v Bommel is building a huge mansion two streets from Bert so I don't think he really has to fear about not seeing his grandkids

but what really pisses me off is that they have been playing this bad for about 9 months now, and instead of trying some new strategy/positions all they have done during the run up to this tournament is put some other players in the same formation, with only a decent result against Northern-Ireland's party squad to show for it

as was said on VI Oranje yesterday, it really seems like the choice for v Persie over Huntelaar was already made a year ago, and they never bothered to try and find a way for both to play. And with the current way they let the wingers play, neither v Persie or Huntelaar are going to shine.

16 million people, 16 million coaches but currently I don't think anyone believes in v Marwijk's dual controlling midfielder & inverted winger concepts anymore. If they're really going to play the same formation against Germany I'm not even sure whether I'm going to watch it lol

fuenf

... and now they are discussing on TV how it would be possible for German players (Lahm) to shake / attack Robben's confidence and how to provocate him. :(

Kenka

Rule of thumb: ignore bild.de

It's a piece of crap that want people to war against one another. It's a piece of s-h-i-t.

Linius

It's a piece of crap that want people to war against one another. It's a piece of s-h-i-t.
They do have naked chicks though :p

But yeah, Bild is just like those English and Spanish tabloids. Screaming headlines, not so much for content.

fuenf

I know but i just hate whats currently going on with the German media. I have high expectations of our team too but listening to the media you are led to believe that Portugal was a team of scrubs and that we won the 2010 WC thrashing ever team 6-0.

They seem to forget that we almost crashed out in the group phase in 2010, that things could have gone really different if there was a competent ref in the England game.

This is the same Dutch team as in 2010 but the only thing that is different is the luck. We do not have any now. Not having any luck immediately shows the flaw of this squad. The midfield. Oné defensive midfielder is alright but do not put two of them there when you have 4 attackers waiting for a good pass that keeps the flow constant.

This is why I vote for either Van der Vaart or Sneijder next to De Jong. Either put Van Persie as 10 and Huntelaar as 9, or remove Van Persie and Van Bommel entirely and put both Van der Vaart and Huntelaar in. If van Marwijk does not change anything we can state that he is a very overrated coach and only got to the finals of 2010 by sheer luck.

I know but i just hate whats currently going on with the German media. I have high expectations of our team too but listening to the media you are led to believe that Portugal was a team of scrubs and that we won the 2010 WC thrashing ever team 6-0.

They seem to forget that we almost crashed out in the group phase in 2010, that things could have gone really different if there was a competent ref in the England game.

Ugh, don't remind me!

Linius

Considering this is page 88, let's watch a classic goal.

San Marco!
Great goal! But page 88?

2c1JV.png

F#A#Oo

Banned
Does anyone in England think England might win? Everyone I know seems to think there's no chance, which is the complete opposite from previous times. I'm not even seeing those adverts that are like "is this the year?" All of those flags I saw during the jubilee are gone already too.

I suppose it's for the best, so there won't be any disappointment.

I live in England and people are bareface lying to each other...their optimistic and think they can win the Euro (no expectation and no super-hype from media)...their hoping that if they don't over-rate England they can do a sly one and get through. It would make a very good study on lying...you can see people telling each other obvious lies...the body language especially is so telling. :D

There is this advert...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t7UmvGSzCTE

amar212

We played pretty good yesterday, nobody expected it like that back here.

Let us hope boys can continue the same way.

Beating Italia would be spectacular, but it would make troubles for the upcoming summer vacation season :)

Ragus

Banned
France wins 2:0, Ukraine and Sweden draw 1:1 and thanks to that I'll be able to afford buying Gravity Rush for Vita.

Where are these rumors of Dutch mutiny coming from?

That is the media for you. On Day 1 they mentioned Huntelaar will leave the Dutch squad if he does not play as often. On Day 4 they mention that Van der Vaart is not at all happy with the decisions of van Marwijk and that he feels cheated. All I see are happy faces, joking around and having fun, just like in 2010. These guys know each other so extremely well and there is hardly any fuzz about them.

The one thing the media hates is not having to report anything so they make shit up, not knowing that it can damage the players.

Wilbur

Banned
France wins 2:0, Ukraine and Sweden draw 1:1 and thanks to that I'll be able to afford buying Gravity Rush for Vita.

Exactly what I think.

To the poster saying does anyone think England will win the tournament - Harry Redknapp when he's taken smack.

To the poster saying he thinks we're feigning our lack of interest or enthusiasm for the national team - you on smack boy

I've never felt so down about an England team in my life, but I'm enjoying the Euros far more as a result

If by any miracle the English win against France and euphoria hits their head, they will lose hard against Sweden and Ukraine. I can just see that happen with these guys.

That is the media for you. On Day 1 they mentioned Huntelaar will leave the Dutch squad if he does not play as often. On Day 4 they mention that Van der Vaart is not at all happy with the decisions of van Marwijk and that he feels cheated. All I see are happy faces, joking around and having fun, just like in 2010. These guys know each other so extremely well and there is hardly any fuzz about them.

The one thing the media hates is not having to report anything so they make shit up, not knowing that it can damage the players.

Yeah that was my initial thought. Sure they looked bummed after the loss (who wouldn't), but van der Vaart leading the opposition against van Marwijk? The rumour would have been microscopicly beleivable if van der Vaart played decently again the Danish. He sucked.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is what £360 a night gets you in Kiev ...

michel_platini.jpg

Yeah that was my initial thought. Sure they looked bummed after the loss (who wouldn't), but van der Vaart leading the opposition against van Marwijk? The rumour would have been microscopicly beleivable if van der Vaart played decently again the Danish. He sucked.

The Dutch looked so tired. VDV looked like he'd started the game, he was gassed. He gave the ball away several times with, by his standards, appalling passes despite only being on for 20 minutes. I wonder if they are being trained too much, they didn't look sharp and only Sneijder and Van Persie worked hard.

fuenf

I've never felt so down about an England team in my life, but I'm enjoying the Euros far more as a result

Germany usually feels pretty down before big tournaments, too. The parallels to Germany 2010 are downright scary: young up and coming goalkeeper playing his first tournament, unproven / disliked players in defense , injury of the teams perceived best player (Ballack / Lampard), main striker suspended for a group match. ;)

just wanna get your hopes up! ;)

Wilbur

Banned
Germany usually feels pretty down before big tournaments, too. The parallels to Germany 2010 are downright scary: young up and coming goalkeeper playing his first tournament, unproven / disliked players in defense , injury of the teams perceived best player (Ballack / Lampard), main striker suspended for a group match. ;)

just wanna get your hopes up! ;)

get out

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Starting to get pumped up for the England game.

Can we please have SOME faith in our boys? I mean it doesn't look great but i'd like to see the country pull together more on this.

Wilbur

Banned
Starting to get pumped up for the England game.

Can we please have SOME faith in our boys? I mean it doesn't look great but i'd like to see the country pull together more on this.

I'm just going to enjoy it. I know we have no hope of winning the whole thing so I hope we just do our best and play good football rather than revert to a shell and defend for our lives against Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom