• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was my initial thought. Sure they looked bummed after the loss (who wouldn't), but van der Vaart leading the opposition against van Marwijk? The rumour would have been microscopicly beleivable if van der Vaart played decently again the Danish. He sucked.

Getting in the team against Denmark in the state we Dutch were playing? It would not matter which player you substituted. The last 20 minutes of the match were horrendous. We removed a defender for an attacker, put Van der Vaart in for De Jong and it became a kick and rush mechanic. For the first time ever I felt horrible rooting for my own team because there was nothing remotely fun about it. It was terrible and I started to feel sad for them instead of mad.

Kozak

Banned
England may not be able to win this tournament but they should comfortably win this group.

Hart can team carry anyway.

dc89

@StanCollymore said:
England Team v France Hart/Johnson Terry Lescott Cole/Milner Gerrard Parker Ox/Young/Welbeck

That's the England team apparently. Oxcart-Chamberpot could have a good game if Evra plays and he plays down that side.

Clichy should start for the French IMO.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Gonna be an important game for Sweden tonight. If we don't win (or at least get one point out of it), we're probably screwed.

Kenka

I can't wait yellow-blue to face one another.

350x.jpg

Swedish-fan.jpg

England may not be able to win this tournament but they should comfortably win this group.

Hart can team carry anyway.

The state England is in? I do not know. I hope that France and England gets through but something tells me that France and Sweden will take the places.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That's the England team apparently. Oxcart-Chamberpot could have a good game if Evra plays and he plays down that side.

I thought everybody expected Downing
loooooooool
to start? They should be careful about throwing Chamberlain in too early in his career, they don't want him to get tainted like the rest of these has-beens while the next generation (Walker, Wilshire, Caulker, Rodwell) aren't tarred by this inevitable failure. We've seen with Walcott what can happen when expectations start to mount over a young player.

Kozak

Banned
Englands situation is exaggerated. Roy Hodgson is a decent manager and Gerrard as captain will help. You guys have one of the best keepers in the world and one of the best forwards in the world (Rooney, just in case anyone wanted to crack a Caroll joke -_-).

Enjoy your win tonight guys.

I'll show you all, I'm not crazy!

Englands situation is exaggerated. Roy Hodgson is a decent manager and Gerrard as captain will help. You guys have one of the best keepers in the world and one of the best forwards in the world (Rooney, just in case anyone wanted to crack a Caroll joke -_-).

Rooney does not play for the first two matches so your post makes no sense at all.

Wilbur

Banned

Roy Hodgson is a decent manager but playing 4-4-2 at this level is ridiculous. He's playing Milner - who is probably the most bland player in the fucking world - simply to do a defensive role. Playing Gerrard deep in the centre completely renders his best qualities moot. Ox, Young and Welbeck are the only ones who are a little capable of doing something good.

Defense is solid though, I just think we're wildly uninventive across the rest of the pitch.

jorma

is now taking requests
Hoping for a win tonight and then two draws vs Ingerland and France. Looks doable from where i stand.

defel

Rooney does not play for the first two matches so your post makes no sense at all.

The English team isnt a disaster by any means. Any team in the tournament will be wary facing England. Combine that with the fact that the English team has some new faces, low expectations and no pressure. The Spanish, Dutch and Germans all share the burden of living up to their ability and their recent history. England don't.

Oops I knew something was up. Completely forgot Rooney is out lol.

Well..

Hart carry?

Having no Rooney is like having no Gomez or Klose in Germany, no Van Persie or Huntelaar in Holland, no Ibrahimovic in Sweden, no Ribery in France. I can go on but I think I stated the obvious here. He really is THAT important.

antipod

Hoping for a win tonight and then two draws vs Ingerland and France. Looks doable from where i stand.

If it's Sweden you're talking about; yes, much doable. Offensive I think we match them but I'm a bit worried about the defence. It hasn't been that good in some of the last friendlies.

spidye

Amazing the german media is working overtime with their Gomez bashing. I'm almost starting to hate international tournaments with all this "mainstream" bashing of our football players. THANKS ALOT SCHOLL!

amazing. just amazing.
even on this forum some guy said if germany played with klose upfront they would have scored two or three goals more.

damn shame Rooney is not playing against France... i always love to see him on the pitch, whether it's for his skills or for his blowups, he's guaranteed to entertain!

Kozak

Banned
amazing. just amazing.
even on this forum some guy said if germany played with klose upfront they would have scored two or three goals more.

I'd like to disagree but Klose does get the job done for Germany, especially on the big stage.

He also ripped it up during the qualification phase.

Kenka

For the first time in my entire existence I'll be rooting for France, exactly the opposite as in 2004.

Rami, Cabaye and Debuchy for the win. Rest of the team is complete crap though. Sorry Ribéry.

spidye

I'd like to disagree but Klose does get the job done for Germany, especially on the big stage.

He also ripped it up during the qualification phase.
what's the point of what if scenarios?
he's 34 years old and was injured for several weeks. easy as that.
and germany's attack didn't suck because of gomez. it sucked because schweini and özil and even müller were not playing well. I don't understand how klose would have changed anything.

Denmark will have no chance against Portugal and Germany. Seeing the amount of chances we had against them, there is no way in hell they will have just as much luck against those two.

spidye

man, italy totally won my heart. they were really awesome and fully deserved that point.
I haven't seen one game since wc 2010 but the new italy is really great. (wario can go away, though)

I have never before seen a player in any EC or WC choking the way Balotelli did when he was up 1v1 against the goalie. What the fuck happened in his head.

Wes

venison crêpe
Heated pre-match football talk/slagging off at the GAF IRC Channel:

server: studio64.yi.org
channel: #football
link: irc://studio64.yi.org/nba-age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom