• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

I watched the 2004 France/England game on a big screen in the middle of Leeds.

It was one of the worst football-watching experiences of my life. 2 hours of knob-heads throwing drinks at each other and threatening to start fights without actually doing anything. And then two late Zidane goals that almost everyone missed because we were watching the faux-fighting.

I always love the over the top build up when England are about to play a big game.

It makes those tears even more bitter when a team that should be world class, plays mediocre at best. And then something or someone needs to be blamed for it.

I'm putting money on a 2-0 win for France, with the weather being the reason.

Löw is doing secret training ahead of the game vs. NL.

DKLfo.jpg

"Secret training, huh?"

/edit
meaning that he could sub Reus/Schürrle for Podolski/Müller.

fuenf

Löw is doing secret training ahead of the game vs. NL.

"Secret training, huh?"

/edit
meaning that he could sub Reus/Schürrle for Podolski/Müller.

Replacing Poldi with Reus / Schürrle could do wonders for the team and Gomez. (An in-form Götze would be ideal, though) Podolski played like crap on saturday and often found his way in the centre right next to Gomez (especially when the ball was on the right side of a pitch). Gomez weaknesses would also be much better compensated with another playmaker on the left than with Lukas "fuck it, i'm gonna shoot" Poldolski who's just as limited as a football player.

But who are we kidding, he wont change a thing.

Kem0sabe

Still digesting Portugal´s result against Germany. It pisses me off that Portugal only starts to play well when it´s against the ropes and loosing, seems like lack of desire to win. :(

Anyways, i think a draw would have been a more just result, the Germans scored on practically the only chance they had while we had several. Now we have to win the next 2 matches.

Nyx

If Van Marwijk doesn't make any changes in his gameplan, this EC will be one of the worst for the Dutch ever.

Fuck this 4-2-3-1 bullshit and bring back ye olde 4-3-3, with a rightfooted winger on the right, and a leftfooted winger on the left.

Arjen

If Van Marwijk doesn't make any changes in his gameplan, this EC will be one of the worst for the Dutch ever.

Fuck this 4-2-3-1 bullshit and bring back ye olde 4-3-3, with a rightfooted winger on the right, and a leftfooted winger on the left.

Stop making sense please

fuenf

I'd suggest trying a 3- 4 -3 against Germany: Stekelenburg - van der Wiel- van Bommel - de Jong - Robben - Sneijder - Van der Vaart- Affelay - Van Persie - Huntelaar - de Jong

Will work fo sure!

Nyx

Stop making sense please

Really though, this would kill the Germans leaving them behind wondering what happened:

----------Stekelenburg----------

vd Wiel-Heitinga-Matthijsen-Willems

Sneijder------De Jong-----van der Vaart

Narsingh------Huntelaar----Robben

- De Jong vs Ozil
- Sneijder and van der Vaart vs Khedira and Schweinsteiger
- Real wingers with a crosspass.

We all know that that won't happen.

fuenf

Really though, this would kill the Germans leaving them behind wondering what happened:

----------Stekelenburg----------

Sneijder------De Jong-----van der Vaart

Narsingh------Huntelaar----Robben

- De Jong vs Ozil
- Sneijder and van der Vaart vs Khedira and Schweinsteiger
- Real wingers with a crosspass.

And i thought i was making fun of your team :( Play like that and you'll be absolutely thrashed by Germany (something like 5-2)!

Nyx

And i thought i was making fun of your team :( Play like that and you'll be absolutely thrashed by Germany (something like 5-2)!

Hell no, we would trash the Germans!

And I can easily say this cause we won't play like this for sure. ;-)

fuenf

Hell no, we would trash the Germans!

And I can easily say this cause we won't play like this for sure. ;-)

Thing is, with a formation like that it would definitely be a high scoring game and in the end we would prevail because of the better goal keeper and defense.

Divius

I would go for an all out attack. I mean, the Dutch have to win. Go big or go home, right?

-----------Stekelenburg------------

---van der Vaart------Sneijder-----

------------Van Persie-------------

Affelay------Huntelaar-------Robben

Gambit

Replacing Poldi with Reus / Schürrle could do wonders for the team and Gomez. (An in-form Götze would be ideal, though) Podolski played like crap on saturday and often found his way in the centre right next to Gomez (especially when the ball was on the right side of a pitch). Gomez weaknesses would also be much better compensated with another playmaker on the left than with Lukas "fuck it, i'm gonna shoot" Poldolski who's just as limited as a football player.

But who are we kidding, he wont change a thing.

No, he won't. Although I also wouldn't mind substituting Poldi. On the other hand, I cannot understand the people wanting Müller out. He adds something to the game no other player brings: intelligence.

Also, he improved a lot in the second half.

Basically, for Bayern and Germany, I agree with van Gaal: Müller will always play.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I didn't know Van Bommel was the coach's son in law. It was a bit weird that De Jong came off while the booked Van Bommel stayed on.

Chuckie

I didn't know Van Bommel was the coach's son in law. It was a bit weird that De Jong came off while the booked Van Bommel stayed on.

Yeah, when Van Bommel still played for PSV Eindhoven, and Van Marwijk was Feyenoords coach, the Feyenoord fans used to sing: Bert van Marwijk, je dochter die is blind! (Your daughter is blind)

Wait, so. You think those girls are hot? I have seen Irish women in the last match that are more genuine and beautiful. Those are just as fake as can be. I swear that on the ass of them it says 'Manufactured by Sweden'

fanboi

Banned
Wait, so. You think those girls are hot? I have seen Irish women in the last match that are more genuine and beautiful. Those are just as fake as can be. I swear that on the ass of them it says 'Manufactured by Sweden'

Wait, are you that sharp knee guy?

FeD.nL

The biggest problem in the dutch squad atm is van Bommel's position in the squad. I mean de Jong played decent to good an no cards, yet you sub him for van der Vaart while van Bommel played a bad match and was booked. Van Marwijk is just so stubborn and it will cost us any chance of making it to the next round, unless he changes stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom