• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
iaLO6.jpg

"We're ready to tie up the English".

ALLEZ!!!!!!!!!!

Dilli666

Hopefully Markus "Trollface" Rosenberg will get a chance tonight ;)
34432_80dmuoe.jpg

Because of Ibrahamovic he'll most certainly warm the bench for 90 minutes

Kjellson

And Germans are sometimes called "krauts" by the Swedes (from sauerkraut obviously).
Italians are "spaggar" (from spagetti)
And i know Swedes = Turnips.

Food related insults seems quite common in europe.
I have never heard a Swede refer a German as a kraut. Brits and Americans called them krauts in WW2, didn't they? That's why the German band Faust named one of their songs and the whole genre for Krautrock!

An underrated genre.

bomma_man

I have never heard a Swede refer a German as a kraut. Brits and Americans called them krauts in WW2, didn't they? That's why the German band Faust named one of their songs and the whole genre for Krautrock!

An underrated genre.

Can are up there with Kraftwerk and the Beatles.

Anyway, go france

Love the picture! Iniesta was bloody brilliant indeed.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08A22Ad8zAavX/610x.jpg[/IG]

Spain were afraid of Giovinco then?

[img]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06IvgYB24I5dL/610x.jpg[img]

Or perhaps Marchisio!

[spoiler]see where I'm going with this?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Those pics aren't comparable to the Iniesta one though

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Poor Carroll.

But he shall be freed today. The game will be 0-0 until around the 70th minute or so when Andy will come onto the pitch and lead England to glory with a 1-0 victory all thanks to his noggin.

That lineup must be fake anyway, Downing isn't in it and clearly he has earned his spot.

Arnie

Stop it, you're going to make England look even worse when we lose.

I'm all for pessimism but this is going a bit too far. I don't think we'll win but there's nothing wrong with being excited before the game. As a collective nation we've played down our teams chances for weeks now, and rightly so, but that doesn't mean I'm going into this hoping we get dicked.

I'm all for pessimism but this is going a bit too far. I don't think we'll win but there's nothing wrong with being excited before the game. As a collective nation we've played down our teams chances for weeks now, and rightly so, but that doesn't mean I'm going into this hoping we get dicked.

If it means the FA sack Hodgson it will be worth it. Absolutely the wrong appointment, I'm happy as a Spurs fan that Harry is still around, but he would be a much better England manager.

F#A#Oo

Banned

But you will get dicked...so why get yourself worked up?

Arnie

If it means the FA sack Hodgson it will be worth it. Absolutely the wrong appointment, I'm happy as a Spurs fan that Harry is still around, but he would be a much better England manager.
I don't actually think Hodgson's a bad appointment; he's got international experience and he's subsequently brought the nation's expectations back a notch. Redknapp's primary strength is in the transfer market, and that's something he can't utilise for England. Tactically I think Redknapp's a bit guff too.
But you will get dicked...so why get yourself worked up?
We'll see.

Wilbur

Banned
Spot on.

Can you imagine the insufferable national outcry if we'd got him too. Arry's fackin Army.

God the Sun would be predicting we'd win 3-0 tonight. I can't abide that. Not under Redknapp.

I'm being realistic as opposed to pessimistic, I think we'll lose 2-1. I'd be happy with a draw, ecstatic with a win.

Arnie

God the Sun would be predicting we'd win 3-0 tonight. I can't abide that. Not under Redknapp.

I'm being realistic as opposed to pessimistic, I think we'll lose 2-1. I'd be happy with a draw, ecstatic with a win.

I've had 3 budweisers, I'm thinking 2-1 England as it stands.

Someone needs to be optimistic.

Whats it to you? Your Dutch now :p

I want to be supporting England, but supporting a team with that racist cunt Terry in it is too much for me. Couldn't bring myself to do it. Fuck the FA, fuck John Terry, fuck the placeman Hodgson, fuck the whole England setup. By picking Terry it feels like the FA have taken a step back in the fight against racism in sport and it is an issue I feel quite strongly about so until Terry is kicked out of the England setup I won't be supporting them. It's the first time I haven't supported England or bought a replica kit at tournament time, but I feel like it's the right decision. Maybe I'm taking it a little to seriously, but I really can't stand Terry or any team he plays in or any manager that picks him.

Kenka

"Schneckfresser" is also widely adopted by the Swiss Germans. There are various nicknames for the Frenchies in here, one of them being "frouze" which is not offending but sounds a bit funny when you pronounce it.

The Germans being of course the "Teutonen" or in a hilarious fashion: "Steuerhinterzieher" :)

wtf: Johnny Halliday is from Belgium ! Why the hell does he support the Schtroumpfs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom