• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceCold

93iFm.jpg

irRCW9X2Ea8IB.gif

Alucard

Banned
A day late, but...

021672982497094928.jpg

Sick goal. Even more cathartic for Kuba personally, when you read about his past:
http://www.arabnews.com/football-unassuming-kuba-poland%E2%80%99s-captain-fantastic

He watched his own father stab his mother to death as a kid. Can't imagine how he recovered from that. What a hero.

Overall, pleased with Poland's performance so far. The Greece game still left a bad taste in my mouth, but I like Poland's odds against the Czechs if they keep up this confidence and level of attacking football. Hoping for more Lewandowski magic.

IceCold

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1818166.html

The UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body today decided to imposea deduction of six points on the Football Union of Russia (RFS) for the qualifying competition of the next UEFA European Football Championship.

This decision is suspended for a probationary period running from now until the end of the play-offs for the UEFA EURO 2016 finals.

The RFS has also been fined €120,000. The RFS was facing charges for the improper conduct of its supporters (crowd disturbances), the setting off and throwing of fireworks and the display of illicit banners at last Friday's UEFA EURO 2012 Group A match against the Czech Republic in Wroclaw.

An appeal can be lodged against this decision within three days of the dispatch of the written decision.

-Mikey-

Any other way to watch the games in america other than espn? I'm at work during the day so I've been missing them during the week and I really want to see the spain match tomorrow.

GorillaJu

Also, liking the French team was off the cards the minute Zidane retired.

When they revolted like spoiled children in South Africa, hating them became the default option. It'll take some very pretty football to change that.

Also just dropping in to show my love for the French, they have always been my second favorite team after Germany, but I also have to agree with the second post above mine, they really have to work hard to erase their last two international performances/attitude out of their supporter's minds. I mostly blame their coach for those though, Domenech.

Whoa! Pretty harsh, considering Polish hooligans were also involved in that last match's per-game incidents. But non the less, good to see UEFA putting their foot down and taking some disciplinary action. Whatever keeps the hooligans at bay, I guess.

I've been seriously wondering about that ever since the Euro started, but what's with the big hate-fest against us?
I mean, we're not really a great team and even I hate a lot of our players' guts, but from where I stand it looks like GAF really hate us and I can't figure out why.

Or are you all pulling my leg?
Are you really expecting more from a thread filled with fans of a team that hasn't won a major tournament in 46 years?

Whoa! Pretty harsh, considering Polish hooligans were also involved in that last match's per-game incidents. But non the less, good to see UEFA putting their foot down and taking some disciplinary action. Whatever keeps the hooligans at bay, I guess.

Actually this is about the incidents in the Czech-Russia game not the Poland-Russia game.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hummels impressed me. Looks world class in these two matches I've seen of Germany the play where we dribbled past half of Holland and set himself for a shot was amazing.

Thiago Silva? Nein, Hummels. Barcelona should buy him. He is like Pique with his ball handling abilities (for a centre back) but to me looks quicker than Pique.

Nyx

Fuck this shit, I hope Portugal beats us with 6-0 at least on Sunday, so we can say goodbye to Van Marwijk (''I learned from this match'' rofl) , Mathijsen (terrible, just terrible, defending at 3 meters away from his opponent...), vd Wiel (overrated fuck), and Van Bommel (too old).

Then rebuild the team with the traditional Dutch 4-3-3 in mind, and an entirely new central defence. (De Vrij, Gouweleeuw, Bruma, Nuytinck, anyone actually...)

Germans, congrats.

Jamie OD

Today's the day Ireland faces Spain. Despite our poor performance on Sunday I still believe Ireland is a side that can be a major headache for any team in the tournament. It will require the usual combination of luck and our opponents having a bad day but it can be done. We can beat Spain!

I hope.

Chuckie

Goddamn Oranje sucked monkeyballs. Congrats to ze Germans... well deserved.

Don't know what to feel about that last match. On the one hand I want to win ofcourse... on the other hand I think this team doesn't deserve it at all.

What is clear is that Van Marwijk has to go. He did great, but it simply doesn't work anymore.
We need some fresh players, a fresh coach and total football again.

The comments from my coworkers are hilarious though: "Holland always has to grow in a tournament" and "It's good we lost against Germany, it means we'll beat them in the final" etc. I guess laughter is the best medicine after yesterday ;)

Today's the day Ireland faces Spain. Despite our poor performance on Sunday I still believe Ireland is a side that can be a major headache for any team in the tournament. It will require the usual combination of luck and our opponents having a bad day but it can be done. We can beat Spain!

I hope.

I'm cheering for you man.

Got the worst hangover evah....congrats to Germany you deserved it.

We just have to beat portugal with 2-0....

We do need a new coach now go back to the way we used to play. Didn't win anything either but at least it was better to look at :(

Hackbert

180221_409221812454314_599033249_n.jpg

okay i had to laugh, sry ...

it say´s : which animals do not score goals? "Robben" which means seals hehe.

Hopefully Robben will regain some of his scoreskill next season.

I hope.

Yeap. Cheering for you too!!!

Best of luck to the lads!!

Linius

So much disappointment yesterday. But hey, as optimistic as I am, I'll still be cheering for my country the next match and hoping for the best of it. Seems weird that we still have a tiny chance of reaching the next round after two defeats.

At least it's finally been proven that Van Marwijks tactics don't work out. Hopefully he will start with a new team against Portugal...

Chuckie

I do.

The culture, the language, the food, the romance, good football team too. Whats not to like?

If England get knocked out I would be excited to see France do well.

Me too actually. Went there again a couple of years ago.
The countryside was awesome. So beautiful. The people were nice, the food was excellent.
I love France.

Linius

Indeed nothing wrong with France. Though I'd like to see more French people trying to speak English. Most of the time I feel like they don't even try to make it easy for foreigners to understand them.

Arjen

So much disappointment yesterday. But hey, as optimistic as I am, I'll still be cheering for my country the next match and hoping for the best of it. Seems weird that we still have a tiny chance of reaching the next round after two defeats.

At least it's finally been proven that Van Marwijks tactics don't work out. Hopefully he will start with a new team against Portugal...

Not going to happen.

He's do it so that the other team also fails and he comes out and say: see, I told you so!!

I hope he starts with Huntelaar at least though. Keep RVP if he wants, just also play Hunterlaar. It was clear him coming on opened things up a bit more for RVP.

It sucks though when you have to depend on the results of the others to go through and not just on your own.

Brings back the bitter memory of the last gameday of this EPL season :-(

Kenka

Some newspapers in Germany are spreading some rumors about Luuk de Jong replacing Marco Reus in MGB. That would be a bit dramatic given the circumstances and the game yesterday.

Linius

He's do it so that the other team also fails and he comes out and say: see, I told you so!!

I hope he starts with Huntelaar at least though. Keep RVP if he wants, just also play Hunterlaar. It was clear him coming on opened things up a bit more for RVP.

It sucks though when you have to depend on the results of the others to go through and not just on your own.

Brings back the bitter memory of the last gameday of this EPL season :-(
He must play with the both of them indeed. RvP is a much better player in the Dutch squad as a 'number 10'. If Bert is going all out he should bring in Narsingh as a right winger and Robben as a left winger. Works much better with Huntelaar in the middle.

Anyone noticed Van Bommel being very emotional in that first interview right after the game? To me it looked like he was about to start crying any moment for being replaced halfway trough the game :p

Divius

Today we've got Spain - Ireland and Italy - Croatia. Spain and Italy to win.

I don't even really remember the first Croatia game, so I have no idea how good they are.

Kenka

I don't even really remember the first Croatia game, so I have no idea how good they are.
Good performance. Given arguably handed them a goal but they dominated much of the game. I'd say they have decent chances to top the group if on of the other teams drop points against Ireland.

Chuckie

A post I saw on facebook:
'De laatste keer dat we zo slecht verdedigden tegen de Duitsers, waren we ons land 5 jaar kwijt'

'The last time we defended this bad against the Germans, we lost our country for 5 years'

Linius

I wouldn't mind seeing De jong leave Twente as an Ajax fan myself. Would have wished him the best of luck if this were true.

Fritz

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/180221_409221812454314_599033249_n.jpg

okay i had to laugh, sry ...

it say´s : which animals do not score goals? "Robben" which means seals hehe.

Hopefully Robben will regain some of his scoreskill next season.

Was just about to post that! Funny, hot as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom