• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0n44m

The worst part is I'll have to watch the game again while I'm eating dinner.

Better get your stuff out the room because it's going to get violent soon lol

---

Man I'm so disappointed in van Marwijk. His tunnel vision turns out to be legendary :( in the interview right before the match he was seriously claiming they played well enough against Denmark FFS

The second half subs should have been there from the start, because at 2-0 in that heat the Germans could easily finish the game without much effort

We will crush you.

1926541_o.gif

Arjen

Only the Dutch are complaining for some reason.

??? Im loving the tourney so far, I get that you all want to have a good laugh at our expense, but most of us have been pretty good sports and praising the rest of the teams who do well.

bjaelke

All I'm saying is that you're the only one with a good reason to be a bit disappointed. I don't think anyone is complaining about the tournament itself.

soepje

According to wikipedia:

On the next match day (17 June):

Germany will advance to the quarter-finals if
they do not lose to Denmark by at least 2 goals or 0–1 or 1–2 OR
Portugal do not defeat the Netherlands

Portugal will advance to the quarter-finals if
they defeat the Netherlands and Denmark do not defeat Germany by at least 2 goals, 1–0 or 2–1 OR
they draw with the Netherlands and Germany do not lose to Denmark OR
they lose to the Netherlands by 1 goal and Germany defeat Denmark.

Denmark will advance to the quarter-finals if
they defeat Germany OR
they draw with Germany and the Netherlands defeat Portugal.

The Netherlands will advance to the quarter-finals if they defeat Portugal by at least 2 goals and Germany defeat Denmark.
Doesn't sound too bad. Everything is just going according to plan :).

Kabouter

Doesn't sound too bad. Everything is just going according to plan :).

Sort of hoping it doesn't happen. If we are knocked out in the group stage, there's a solid chance they fire Van Marwijk. If by some bizarre twist of fate we actually go on, he might stick around.

RJT

We are only complaining about the Dutch team though, because we all expected so (too?) much. The rest of the tournament has been fantastically entertaining.

I understand that (feels like Portugal on South Africa). I never expected much from this Euro, but we managed to hold our own against Germany and are close to get the second spot on the most difficult group of the tournament. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Seanbob11

Nope, Italy is going to win that game. 1-0 for the Squadra! Like old times ;)

Croatia have lost just one of their last six meetings against Italy, winning three.

Alongside Brazil, Croatia are one of only two sides unbeaten in their last five meetings against Italy. It could be an amazing game.

Roki6

Banned
Nope, Italy is going to win that game. 1-0 for the Squadra! Like old times ;)

What old times? 1942? :)

Date Match Result Score Competition
05 Apr 1942 Italy v Croatia W 4-0 International
16 Nov 1994 Italy v Croatia L 1-2 European Championship
08 Oct 1995 Croatia v Italy D 1-1 European Championship
28 Apr 1999 Croatia v Italy D 0-0 International
08 Jun 2002 Italy v Croatia L 1-2 FIFA World Cup
16 Aug 2006 Italy v Croatia L 0-2 International

http://www.11v11.com/teams/italy/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Croatia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom