• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Today we've got Spain - Ireland and Italy - Croatia. Spain and Italy to win.

I don't even really remember the first Croatia game, so I have no idea how good they are.

Croatia can put a very serious fight. They may be lacking in game, but they have a lot of spirit.

Blablurn

180221_409221812454314_599033249_n.jpg

okay i had to laugh, sry ...

it say´s : which animals do not score goals? "Robben" which means seals hehe.

Hopefully Robben will regain some of his scoreskill next season.

came to post this lol. awesome picture

Wessiej

You know what the worst part about this is. I can see Frank de Boer as the next head coach, and he will be the best man there, but then he will leave his club. Ugh.

Arjen

You know what the worst part about this is. I can see Frank de Boer as the next head coach, and he will be the best man there, but then he will leave his club. Ugh.

Oh god i hope not, best coach we had in years. Hope he stays if he gets the offer.

Chuckie

He would be. It really would be two birds with one stone :D

Ajax loses a great coach, Oranje gains one. I will be so happy if that happens.

Don't think he will though

Kem0sabe

I thought the Dutch were a relatively collected people, but watching the national team in most major tournaments in the last decade, they (players) always seem to be angry or pissed off at each other for one reason or another.

Any reason in particular for the lack of team spirit?

Nyx

I thought the Dutch were a relatively collected people, but watching the national team in most major tournaments in the last decade, they (players) always seem to be angry or pissed off at each other for one reason or another.

Any reason in particular for the lack of team spirit?

Too many egos.

I bet Ronald Koeman will be the next coach of Holland.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
sigh the discussions about

yeah holland can still go through if... .at work are just sad today.

It's over holland. No reason not to hope against Portugal, but putting 2 goals on anyone at this point, with this team...... it's not happening. I think they could sneak out a win,but not a 2-0 win NO WAY.

if the team fielded at the start of the match isn't containing Huntelaar and van de vaart I will shake my head and write of the coach as a blind stubborn man.

180221_409221812454314_599033249_n.jpg

okay i had to laugh, sry ...

it say´s : which animals do not score goals? "Robben" which means seals hehe.

Hopefully Robben will regain some of his scoreskill next season.

I'd score the goal of the one of the left.

And yeah, Holland is done. Can't reach the finals everytime, neighbours.

Divius

sigh the discussions about

yeah holland can still go through if... .at work are just sad today.

It's over holland. No reason not to hope against Portugal, but putting 2 goals on anyone at this point, with this team...... it's not happening. I think they could sneak out a win,but not a 2-0 win NO WAY.

if the team fielded at the start of the match isn't containing Huntelaar and van de vaart I will shake my head and write of the coach as a blind stubborn man.
We still have a 9,5% chaaaaaaaaaance

edit: proof: Chances of progress from Group B after last night's matches: Germany 94.2%, Portugal 56.7%, Denmark 39.6%, Netherlands 9.5%
https://twitter.com/EuroClubIndex/status/213195290138779648

Kem0sabe

If only we could use defenders from Belgium, things would be so different

I don´t think Belgium is an example to anyone in terms of National teams. Although they have my favorite CM in europe, Witsel... the guy is the modern day Redondo, fucking amazing.

bjaelke

Oh, well whatever it is. It's only a small chance.
Sure, but it's still a chance. If you're able to regain some of the form you had in the qualifiers then I'd expect you to beat Portugal. They haven't exactly looked invincible in the first two games. Their defense was a bit shaky against us (apart from Pepe) and you have the talented offensive players to split them apart. An early goal from JKH and Holland can still make it to the knockout phase.

Kem0sabe

Sure, but it's still a chance. If you're able to regain some of the form you had in the qualifiers then I'd expect you to beat Portugal. They haven't exactly looked invincible in the first two games. Their defense was a bit shaky against us (apart from Pepe) and you have the talented offensive players to split them apart. An early goal from JKH and Holland can still make it to the knockout phase.

Like they had the talent to split the danish defense apart? because... suffering 3 goals from Portugal means that you have a special kind of bad defense, our forwards can´t score shit in most games.

bjaelke

Like they had the talent to split the danish defense apart? because... suffering 3 goals from Portugal means that you have a special kind of bad defense, our forwards can´t score shit in most games.

If you're able to regain some of the form you had in the qualifiers

we got lucky with the uncalled penalty against us

Kenka

Talking about that, I do feel the difference now that Germany has the Hummels+Badstuber pair in defence in comparision to the Mertesacker+Metzelder on they had priorly.

The day after as some people like to call it. There is not even a slight hinge of me being disappointed in the fact that we lost against Germany. We had a no fighters mentality, non-inspired players, a huge stamina loss after 60 minutes and a terrible defense.
The second half was only marginally better because Van Bommel and Affelay were out. You immediately noticed the midfield of us Dutch was better because Van der Vaart actually gave balls quick enough for it to became dangerous.

If we want to win against Portugal with 2-0 or 3-1 we need to stay in the same formation as the second half and at least have a mentality of 'we are going to do it!' or else we are going to be destroyed as well.

Holland is out. With their recent play, they can forget about advancing. Sure, they could advance if they win 2-0 against Portugal, but what our media forget is that if Portugal defeats Holland, they advance. Winning with a 2 goal difference is impossible. Hell, even winning is impossible seeing the shitty performance of this shitty team.

Van Bommel you twat.

I am going to laugh my ass off if we leave this EC with 0 points in the group stage. It will show how overrated van Marwijk has always been.

Wh.. what? Van Marwijk has been great. It all went downhill since that moment we lost against Sweden. Although I agree Bert should have changed his formation, I can't blame him for the atrocious performance of our defense and midfield.

Van Bommel you twat.

Wessiej

Yeah, reaching the WC final is something overrated people do.

Did we play good football? Nope. Yeah 45 minutes against Brazil, but the rest? Snoozefest against poor teams...only good football Holland has showed in the last years was under Van Basten in the group stage @ EC 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom