• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevasleep

English and swedish tabloids in war!

First, swedish Aftonbladet posted this suggested frontpage for all the englishmen this saturday.

mirroretta.jpg
Haha, that's great.
Daily Mirror replied with:
The main story is probably understood, but the other ones are:
"Is she [Loreen] the lovechild of Humperdinck?"
"IKEA gone bankrupt"
"Shocking! ABBA is actually norwegian!"
Not so funny, should have let The Sun do it.

I'm sure he insulted his sister or something.

A lot worse things than a few sister insults comes from footballer to footballer during a match.
KuGsj.gif

Poulsen is a pretty dirty player, no doubt and was not nearly good enough to play for Liverpool or Juve. But he's coming back to Copenhagen sooner or later, so have to clear his name a bit.

rodvik

English and swedish tabloids in war!

First, swedish Aftonbladet posted this suggested frontpage for all the englishmen this saturday.

mirroretta.jpg

Daily Mirror replied with:

aftonetta.jpg

The main story is probably understood, but the other ones are:
"Is she [Loreen] the lovechild of Humperdinck?"
"IKEA gone bankrupt"
"Shocking! ABBA is actually norwegian!"

lol . Thats goood stuff.

Should be a good game. Two teams of a similar level going at it. I think I will be nevrous as hell though. I picked a bad week to quit drinking.
I really have :(

soepje

I have a question, are there any Dutch around? I wonder how trustworthy "Volkskrant" is? Because apparently they broke news that the racism story last week (black Dutch players targeted by monkey noises) was actually made up. I'd really like to now, as this was one of the incidents I was really ashamed by.
It´s concidered a trustworthy newspaper, but i can´t find any article about it being made up?

Big-E

Getting too many bad feelings. Italy is playing a lot better than they normally do in the group stage but it still isn't translating to wins. Scoring first both games and then giving up goals is not good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Edit:^ Well played
KuGsj.gif

Italy qualify if they beat Ireland and:

a) Spain-Croatia does not end in a draw.

b) Spain-Croatia ends goalless.

c) Spain-Croatia ends 1-1 and Italy win by at least two clear goals (excluding a 2-0 result).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Serious question, what the heck happened to Torres?

Did he tear a ligament or something?

He used to be the best in the world.

He needs to be lone striker in teams, he doesn't play well when paired with another striker. wasn't he a lone striker at liverpool?

spain today played a 4-2-3-1 I think.

bjaelke

You know, I don't especially like Tom Bartels, but he knew to mostly shut the fuck up during those last minutes. I imagine most other commentators just talked straight over it.

That's unfortunately how it happened here. "Beautiful show from the Irish fans but here are some interesting statistics about the pitch size that I just have to share with you for the next five minutes." Really enjoying this youtube video right now. I hope they'll show up with the same spirit against Italy despite already knowing their fate in this tournament.

ITV's commentators also talked for the majority of Fields of Athenry: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrjfbx_the-fields-of-athenry_sport

Kem0sabe

Fucking Ronaldo, complained at half time to the rest of the team "I only got the ball 3 times!" within earshot of a journalist.

Maybe he should run after the ball a little more :|

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
GAF, I'm working from 6 tonight. Missing the fucking England game :(

But I need the money, can't be helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom