• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kottila

Might have to watch the rest of the Euro on her channel (if someone can identify it), if the girls in front of the camera are even better looking than the camera-crew. (haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if previously posted)
PA-13746486.jpg

Shoogoo

The same reason non-Slavic would be oblivious to Russian even if it were the primary international language instead of English – both languages don't have that much in common. The Latin alphabet is not a problem for Russians because they practically grow up with it, while Cyrillic, if I understand correctly, is not that easy to learn if you don't know it. Still the Russian language doesn't feature articles, and that's the dealbreaker for most Russians as it is almost impossible to understand the concept without much practice. More than that, Russian grammar is not that strict and grammatical meanings are in most cases expressed differently (instead of auxiliary verbs word endings are used). Also the whole negative attitude towards West is still prevalent in our society and that's why knowing English, though preferable if you want a decent job, is not something that is expected.

Another reason is that English lessons at schools are really terrible here. Back in the Soviet Union the language that everyone learned at school was in most cases German, and when it became English, there was a distinct lack of good teachers that is still evident today.

But I believe I'm good at English and many Russians I know are. The kids you encounter in TF2 or wherever are not representative of the whole nation. :)

Thanks a lot for enlightening me, I've been wondering this for months now. Your English is very good (better than mine, tbh) and I know 2 Russians writing perfectly fine English, one from Moscow, the other from St.Petersburg. I guess living in a big city helps as well!

I don't know how serious it is, but a couple hours ahead of the German game, the "BILD" says that FC Barcelona's new coach Tito Vilanova wants to enrol Miroslav Klose. :x

Jubern

Just woke up, and hyped as fuck for day 2. While Holland-Denmark should be interesting enough, I hope to god that both Germany and Portugal will play a good game instead of playing "not to lose" like someone suggested earlier. Give me good football!

Just woke up, and hyped as fuck for day 2. While Holland-Denmark should be interesting enough, I hope to god that both Germany and Portugal will play a good game instead of playing "not to lose" like someone suggested earlier. Give me good football!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Greatest Striker in the World <tm> not score through no fault of his own for Denmark.

Kenka

GAF needs to encourage Hummels tonight. He'll come out of the bench on the 65th minute after one too many fuckup from Boateng. He will.

Ah, just for the hell of it. Everyone else should know what's Germany's biggest concern right now is:

Boateng is a dumbass and was seen with this D-celeb going into his hotel room:

400px-Gina-Lisa_Lohfink_by_Zeno-Bresson.jpg

Joe

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/12/13-kits/euro-2012-football-shirts-are-toxic.html

Euro 2012 football shirts are "toxic"
Six of the shirts - Spain, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, France and Italy - were found to contain lead, a heavy metal, with the Spanish and German shirts (both adidas) carrying an amount exceeding the legal limit for children's products. The Portugal and Holland shirts (both Nike) were found to contain nickel.

The most dangerous shirt was that of Poland, with the BEUC statement saying that it should be "banned outright" as its levels of an organotin compound -included to reduce sweat odour - could be toxic to the nervous system.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
FFS. We are talking about Adidas and Nike, how could that ever happen?

Edit: From the BEUC's site:

Having tested 9 official EURO 2012 shirts, all were found to have worrying levels of chemical content. Lead, a heavy metal, is found in 62 out of 9 tested shirts. In kits from Spain and Germany, lead exceeds recommended levels for children products. Ronaldo, van Persie and their teammates from Portugal and the Netherlands will play in shirts containing nickel. Host country Poland&#8217;s shirt should be banned outright from shops as it contains an organotin compound (used to prevent sweat odour) in higher doses than legal limit. Organotin can be toxic to the nervous system. Nonylphenol &#8211; which can disrupt the endocrine system and is banned from wastewater because of its harmful effect on the environment &#8211; was found in Spain and Italy shirts.

The fuck.

Oxx

Ah, just for the hell of it. Everyone else should know what's Germany's biggest concern right now is:

Boateng is a dumbass and was seen with this D-celeb going into his hotel room:

400px-Gina-Lisa_Lohfink_by_Zeno-Bresson.jpg

Is this the equivalent of Phil Jones taking Jodie Marsh up into his hotel room?

fuenf

Is this the equivalent of Phil Jones taking Jodie Marsh up into his hotel room?

Judge for youself, Gina Lisa's accomplishment so far:

• Participant of Germanys Next Top Model
  • "TV Moderator" (lol)
  • Sex Tape
  • Dating Arthur Boka (who defends Boateng and said she lured him into a trap)
  • Advertising contract with the Hotel where she met Boateng

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Judge for youself, Gina Lisa's accomplishment so far:

• Participant of Germanys Next Top Model
  • "TV Moderator" (lol)
  • Sex Tape
  • Dating Arthur Boka (who defends Boateng and said she lured him into a trap)
  • Advertising contract with the Hotel where she met Boateng

This is totally unexpected. I mean, look at her.

was her at least a good lay

CassSept

That was a surprisingly exciting first day of Euro.

Shame we only drew but well, we completely fell apart in the second half. Greece on the other hand had a really great defence and wouldn't allow a single pass. Shame, I think based on the first half we should have won by say, a single goal, but that's the way it is. We wasted these opportunities and then had to suffer the consequences.
Being in the fan zone was fun though, when Tyton saved penalty people were more excited than after the first goal.

The second match, well, not much to say here. Russia completely steamrolled Czechs. We are doomed. DOOOOOOOOMED. Poland-Czech Rep. will be a decisive match of the group.

PS. What was the title after the first match?

Ugh, she looked like your typical German Mannsfrau even before all those operations, but now she plain hideous.

^
Euro 2012 |OT| of the wrath of the TYTON

Divius

There is this nifty little userscript for NeoGAF called Live Thread that updates the thread automatically which is great for fast moving threads like this (when a game is on). The default is 1 minute but I have personally edited mine so it checks for new posts every 10 seconds.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/78817

Just thought I'd share, I like it.

Today Germany and Portugal will draw and Netherlands will win.
This would a great result for the Dutch team. Let's hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom