• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is apparantly a video of russian fans just after their win yesterday. I'm not even sure which language the text is in (polish?), so a translation would be appreciated.

If real, UEFA should definately take action

(violence, so possibly NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C7D0fNtIdW0

German fans did worse things in France (Daniel Nivel), same goes for Polish & especially English fans in Germany.
As bad as it is, it's still pretty tame in comparison.

Wow. That's disgusting. Were those the volunteers? Wearing the green and red vests? I thought this video would have been beating up on a colored person which I'm glad it's not but this is so fucked.

Jubern

German fans did worse things in France (Daniel Nivel), same goes for Polish & especially English fans in Germany.
As bad as it is, it's still pretty tame in comparison.

Still pretty unsettling to see something like that happen on the first day, after a crushing victory :/
What's it going to be if/when they lose?

kottila

The guy on the bottom left in the black sweater around 0:22 looks like a kickboxer who, in passing, just decided it would be fun to punch and kick an official in the face.

edit: Russia and Poland are not the best of friends, so who knows what's going to happen around that game

Blablurn

i have a feeling robben is going to play a fantastis euro. i hate the fact that some bayern fans dont appreciate him. yes, he missed some penalities. but that to do? shit happens.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I feel I may as well post this here. As some folks may remember I supported the Netherlands in WC2010 due to my opa being from Groningen, and as such the Netherlands are my 2nd team after Scotland.

I just got the message that my opa died last night. He'd been on his way out for a while, with me even joking that "he's waiting for them to win a World Cup. He'll live to 100 at this rate." But yeah, I'm hoping that the men in orange can go out full force in the Euros and do my opa proud.

i have to modify my avatar to have a orange shirt.

dont know how though.

go oranje!!

Here you go:

oranje2bc7fx.jpg

Still pretty unsettling to see something like that happen on the first day, after a crushing victory :/
What's it going to be if/when they lose?
Yeah, I'm not saying that there aren't worse things in store for us. We'll have to wait and see.

Arjen

I feel I may as well post this here. As some folks may remember I supported the Netherlands in WC2010 due to my opa being from Groningen, and as such the Netherlands are my 2nd team after Scotland.

I just got the message that my opa died last night. He'd been on his way out for a while, with me even joking that "he's waiting for them to win a World Cup. He'll live to 100 at this rate." But yeah, I'm hoping that the men in orange can go out full force in the Euros and do my opa proud.

My condolences man, i don't know if you were close, but i know it was a hard time for me when my opa died last year. Hope the team can give him a good match today.

industrian

My condolences man, i don't know if you were close, but i know it was a hard time for me when my opa died last year. Hope the team can give him a good match today.

The thing that hurts the most is that I can't fly back to Scotland to be at the funeral because I'm recovering from a pulmonary embolism.

The article says he went missing a month ago. It's way too early to start making judgements about the tournament. Yesterday, for instance, was fantastic. Great games and great crowds. Let's reserve all our spite for England on Monday, gentlemen.

fuenf

i have a feeling robben is going to play a fantastis euro. i hate the fact that some bayern fans dont appreciate him. yes, he missed some penalities. but that to do? shit happens.

It's not about the penalties, it's about him playing like crap last season, being an egomaniac (granted that changed in the latter part of the season) and overall he's just the prototype of a football mercenary. The guy is insanely talented and could be one of the 3 top players in world if he just wasnt his own worst enemy. As of now he's simply a one trick pony, whos trick got old extremly fast.

But he'll rock the Euro, no doubt about it.

The article says he went missing a month ago. It's way too early to start making judgements about the tournament. Yesterday, for instance, was fantastic. Great games and great crowds. Let's reserve all our spite for England on Monday, gentlemen.

Very true, but I can certainly understand why some feel that the tournament has been overshadowed by the prospect of problems already.

Watched bits of that Panorama documentary last night, so fairly pissed off with the blatent racism that seems apparent in the football culture over there; although I still assume it's the loud minority rather than everyday folk.

Good games on later ! Holland and Germany win I think.

spidye

It's not about the penalties, it's about him playing like crap last season, being an egomaniac (granted that changed in the latter part of the season) and overall he's just the prototype of a football mercenary. The guy is insanely talented and could be one of the 3 top players in world if he just wasnt his own worst enemy. As of now he's simply a one trick pony, whos trick got old extremly fast.

But he'll rock the Euro, no doubt about it.

this.
who cares about missed penalties?

industrian

Just like two years ago during the World Cup, being in East Asia (GMT+8) is a nightmare for watching football.

The NL game is at midnight and pretty much every other game is at 2:45am.

fuenf

I think the Germany - Portugal game will be special. :D Neutral fans will definitely be in for a surprise, one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom