• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one in this group deserves to advance. hoped russia would make it though, greece against germany drama will make up for it a bit.

Alucard

Banned
Kurwa shit. This happens like clock work in every major tournament for the Poles for the past 20+ years.

Can't believe Greece are through.

Gonna enjoy the rest of the tournament.

IOTI of Russian out due to not Czeching blind spot.

Meier

Insane (but not surprising) amount of time wasting by the Greeks at the end. Why in the world did Russia rush their last corner and not send the keeper forward? The corner itself was shockingly poor.

dabig2

Anyone have a .gif of that Russian female fan laying her head down in slo-motion? I think it happened in the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game.

Grats for Greece on getting through. I do like my underdog stories.

Hahaha, nothing like an upset. Byeeee Russia!

Though it's usually a shame when a host nation gets knocked out, Poland were so poor in that second half they deserve to be going ..... Staying home.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Why did Russia just rush that last corner? That was weird.

And the time-wasting on behalf of the Greeks with regards to playacting was disgraceful. Did someone gif the bit where he just got off the stretcher as if it were a miracle?

D4Danger said:
The only good thing about this is we now get to watch the Germans destroy Greece. No bailout this time.
Now that's quite the silver lining.

Fry

Greece getting through only means one team will have a very good chance of making it to the quarter finals.

/coolface

Russia Out - Greece Through

untitled-5h2mps.gif
untitled-8u2jsg.gif

Poland Out - Czech Through

untitled-6mwk0q.gif
untitled-7a2jbw.gif

Jay Sosa

Lol greece is amazing. Awful to watch an probably the worst team to ever come out of a group stage in a EC..but simply amazing.

World Cup = Goal Difference > Goals For > Head to Head

Seriously? That's some fucked up rule. H2H should always be most important.

Konosuke

Amazing that Russia failed to qualify. Amazing how Greece kept it together. I'm hyped for that Germany - Greece match. I don't want Portugal to face them at the QF lol.

Firemind

Wait, someone explain this to me. Since the Greeks advance not by goal difference, but by simply beating the Russians, then why do the Dutch still have a shot when they already lost to the Danes?

Benson

Definitely couldn't imagine Russia going out and Czech Republic winning the group after the 4-1 defeat in their first game. It's a crazy old game! (Though I am feeling a bit better about picking the Czech Republic in my office pool now!)

grkazan12

GREECE is THROUGH!!!! Oh LAAAAWWWD !!!! Deutschland in the midst has me worried, but still feels good to move beyond the group stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom