• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-2bzm8f.gif

I found Eggman guys.

Gambit

We are?! Yessssss.
Well, him handing out cards like crazy was kind of entertaining in a "I can't believe he's really doing this" way.

To be honest, I agree. It was highly entertaining in a "this can't be happening" way.

I just wish my team didn't have to contend with it.

Visceir

What´s with this anti Greece sentiment here? They won this tournament in 2004 you know.

They play very defensive football which isn't very fun to watch. That and scumbag moves like the Greece player dropping down in the middle of the field and laying there to delay time.

I predict Pepe will foil Holland's plans tomorrow and Germany will show a few nice goals against Denmark.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Greece were awful for the entire Group A round. But hey, we'll probably get a Germany-Greece game out of this, so that should be fun.

Greece are awful to watch but they played well today. Russia were so completely clueless as to how they should have played against Greece it was embarrassing.

Guys, one of the popular betting sites has Croatia winning against Spain at 1:8. Isn't that... kind of high? I mean Spain is doing great, but Croatia ain't that bad either against big teams. Should I put some money on it?

Konosuke

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
They can still advance under certain circumstances if Portugal and Denmark win tomorrow, but it requires some really particular scorelines.

yeah, I guess that's true, but honestly, I'm hoping Germany doesn't make it simply because the rage from GAF will be amazing.

Reuenthal

Banned
Some label them with the term "anti-football" as they look to defend stoutly rather than be at all adventurous or attack with creativity.

I hate the term. Football is football. Defending the way they do is a legitamate tactic and just look at the group table now - sometimes it does the job.

Well said. Most importantly Greece is not good enough to play differently successfully, it plays to its strengths.

LJ11

You're probably the only one. I should've seen it coming, I even said to a friend that Russia will most likely get punished for being happy with a draw against poland. Serves these idiots right.

My brother dropped 200 on them. He's a pretty big gambler aka loves to lose money.

fuenf

You need someone up front who's able to play football vs. those teams. That's why Spain used Fabregas vs. Italy.
------------Reus-----------
Özil------Kroos-------Götze

would probably be the best possible formation (if they were used to each other and there was no hierarchy in the team, etc.)

/having said that Klose would obviously be better than Gomez for that match, but we'll see.

Thats a myth. See Russia today, Barca vs Chelsea or like you said Fabregas against Italy, playing football is nice but you still need a perfect pass and two players on the same page to score.

Look at the CL Final Gomez was covered by 2 defenders and pretty much taken out of the game, the mistake wasnt so much on Gomez playing inside the box but rather that no other player was able to take advantage of the 2 defenders concentrating on Gomez. If you are interested you should really read the www.spielverlagerung.de analysis on the CL final.

Aight, this must have been discussed but how did Greece move past Russia in the standings with less goals? By that logic Netherlands can advance with a 1-0 win (and Denmark loss)?

Guys, one of the popular betting sites has Croatia winning against Spain at 1:8. Isn't that... kind of high? I mean Spain is doing great, but Croatia ain't that bad either against big teams. Should I put some money on it?

No, because Spain could still lose it all (if Italy win vs. Ireland), so they won't lose + Crotian defense is shaky/shitty as hell.

Reuenthal

Banned
Considering how the referees were against Greece especially in the first match I don't think the Greek players will think that the time wasting was disgraceful at all.

No, because Spain could still lose it all (if Italy win vs. Ireland), so they won't lose + Crotian defense is shaky/shitty as hell.
Italy is definitely winning against Ireland, so you're probably right in that Spain is going to make sure they win. The odds are too tempting however, I'll see what happens. If I click the button I click the button!

Konosuke

So, if Greece ends up facing Portugal, how confident are you Greeks?
Not counting the fact that you have a Portuguese manager and all

fuenf

Tbh now that i thought about it a litte more, a possible Germany - Greece matchup doesnt worry me. Greece simply doesnt have the quality of Chelsea / Portugal or a world class goalkeeper. Germany should take the game pretty comfortably. They cant possibly play any better than Portugal in defense and are lacking a real attacking threat.

gate777

I'm not too worried about facing Portugal. They were a better side when we beat them 8 years ago, but then again, so were we. It's a toss up.

I honestly don't care who we face.

Reuenthal

Banned

Without Karagounis Greece will lack a very vital player. The most likely result is a loss for Greece with a narrow score eventually but Greece still has a non negligible chance to win. Now Germany, that is a harder opposition although with Gomez I dunno Germany does not play as efficiently as in the past but he is pretty prolific. I would be more afraid of 2010 Germany personally but they are still an excellent side and one of the top 3 teams of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom