• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tim_duncan_game_over.gif

No way Italy comes back.

Why would you lol at Italy? Those goals were very well played and they did have a heap of semi-dangerous opportunities (headers).
Hope they can come back.

Westraid

I can't watch anymore. I really, really hoped Italy would win.
Of course there's still a chance, but criesofthepast spoke the inconvenient truth.

I was going to score before that second goal, Spain had looked average since Silva had scored that header. They were giving away the ball cheaply in their own half.

bud

there were moments when it seemed like italy could get something out of this match, but then the spaniards start up their passing game again, and they're dominating again. it looks insanely gorgeous. it's a shame about silva, though, because he's, yet again, playing quite bad.

how about giving mata a chance, del bosque?

Bento

So what do Italians here think of Prandellis chance of continuing as manager of Italy if they lose today? Really like the more offensive playstyle of Italy this tournament and seems like a final by no means should be considered a failure right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is Spain.

He's not the only one. Marchisio too, Chiellini ... Still, there's the second half. You never know. :) C'mon guys!

Question!

Why did he abandon his 3-5-2? It worked well against Spain in the first game. And with a midfielder in defense.

This 4-3-1-2 is easily exploited on the flanks, not surprised the goals came from Alba and a cross to Silva.

I think Italy was very brave with their strategy. Congrats, they played quite well for a few minutes.

But this is the best Spain of the tournament. No team can do nothing about it.

Zabojnik

I admire the optimism budd but the sooner you accept it the sooner the healing can begin. :(

I'm not sad or mad, to be honest. I was kind of expecting the real Spain to show up sooner or later, while the best Italy has already showed up against Germany. As I've said earlier ... all I want is Italy to have no regrets once the tournament is over. So, yeah, I'm expecting them to try the impossible in the second half.

Niks

To be fair, Italy played good after the first goal.. its just that Spain are ON today.

Pirlo has been totally nulled, whereas Iniesta is godly as ever.

jtb

Banned
Question!

Why did he abandon his 3-5-2? It worked well against Spain in the first game. And with a midfielder in the defense.

This 4-3-1-2 is easily exploited on the flanks, not surprised the goals came from Alba and a cross to Silva.

to be fair, Spain's weakness has always been their lack of width - and with Silva and Iniesta on the flanks and no actual striker, they clog up the midfield even further. The difference is that Arbeloa and Alba didn't get forward too much against Portugal (and Coentrao + the Portugal right back were excellent) but they're getting loads and loads of space in this match

edit: also, Alexis Lalas please shut the fuck up.

I'm glad Italy showed us the way out in the semis. No way we would have had a chance against today's Spain; and losing in the final is always poop.

I was hoping for an italian goal near the end of the first half, but no I fear that I won't see any italian goals during this final. The spanish team is outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom