• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

I knew the Italians were terrible and allergic to the game of football, but I had no idea they were a bunch of pansies too.

What a disgrace of a final. Should've been Germany here.

rififi

But football already died in the CL finale, GAF taught me that.

Like all the other times football died, it was reborn the next day
hence why I put 20 May, 2012 ;)

Also, I agree with you sneaky77, but it is nice to see Spain playing well after so many wanted them to lose.

la_briola

Awesome goals by spain.

btw: hypocrites

UiRxI.jpg

hylje

I'm not celebrating yet. Next 20 minutes or so will tell if Italy still has some energy to get back in to the game.

Spain has played terrible the whole tournament just to do this.

EspaÑaGAF let us celebrate now because in a couple of hours we'll have abandoned the realm of consciousness.

Anth0ny

as an Italy fan this is really fucking sucks to watch when the opposite team is pretty much better in everything. better defense better offense.. fuck

yeah, it's hard to watch

Spain has really turned it on today. almost like they weren't trying up until now. this is a very different team than what Italy played during the group stages.

Kurtofan

We (France) won three major tournaments in a row: 1998 WC, 2000 Euro, 2001 Confederations cup( we won it twice while Spain never did btw)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, Im sorry for ya mate.

I'm alright thanks!
dxFaA.gif

to be fair, Spain's weakness has always been their lack of width - and with Silva and Iniesta on the flanks and no actual striker, they clog up the midfield even further. The difference is that Arbeloa and Alba didn't get forward too much against Portugal (and Coentrao + the Portugal right back were excellent) but they're getting loads and loads of space in this match

edit: also, Alexis Lalas please shut the fuck up.

Exactly.

Clegg

There's big holes in Italy's defense, and Spain are taking full advantage.

The rivals didn't let them play. Italy changed its tactics this match.

They're playing with more urgency than at any other time this tournament.

Their passing is crisper and more direct.

They've given the ball away a bit more but thats because they aren't just passing around the halfway line.

Noshino

This is Spain.

Question!

Why did he abandon his 3-5-2? It worked well against Spain in the first game. And with a midfielder in defense.

This 4-3-1-2 is easily exploited on the flanks, not surprised the goals came from Alba and a cross to Silva.

aside from the first goal, most of the attacks are coming straight through the middle....specially that second fucking goal

Bento

I knew the Italians were terrible and allergic to the game of football, but I had no idea they were a bunch of pansies too.

What a disgrace of a final. Should've been Germany here.
Oh hush, they've done their best against a superior team which is effectively nullifying their strengths with disciplined defense and aggressive pressure on Pirlo. Germany would not have had a better chance against a Spain in form and frankly proved to be a weaker team then the Italians in the semi finals so quit your nonsense.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
aside from the first goal, most of the attacks are coming straight through the middle....specially that second fucking goal

Well yeah but the second goal was scored by fullback. No one saw his run coming :/ with a 3-5-2 we would've marked him with a wingback.

At least now no one is going to claim Spain did not deserve to win this. Masterclass by their team.

Arjen

Spain deserve this so far. I want to hate but facts are facts, they have been playing excellent this match.

I agree, i hated their playstyle this entire tournament, but they are nailing it this match.
Still hoping for a small miracle though

I'm already seeing people say Spain is too good and Italy is shit and Spain weren't even trying in these euros up until today. Bunch of wankers.

I know Spain is the best team in the world but if people can't see Italy is seriously gassed and not playin to their potential then I don't know what to say to you. This game isn't a good barometer for how good/shit these two teams really are.

And yes of course Spain deserve to be up 2-0 (if not more) the way Italy are playin. Not saying Spain is playing bad either because they are playin well. Just not superhuman well like some people make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom