• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Congrats to the champs... They're just that much better than the rest, and this victory is well-deserved.

Unfortunately, it made for a kind of boring tournament. Ah well, hopefully the Olympics provides more drama in a few weeks.

this sucks because italy looked like they were going to have a real go for it. a couple of amazing chances early in the second half could have gone in, and if they didn't have to play with 10 men for 40 minutes they would have kept attacking. oh well.

the motta substitution is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. why waste your final sub on that? and so early? shitty decision.

i've never met a person who likes thiago motta as a player. dunno what prandelli sees in him.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Here's some of the things I like about football:
wingers, tactics, rushes, goals, GOALS, powerful shots, crosses into the box finished off with a strong header or a volley.

This is what you normally get with Spain:
El rondo. Some more el rondo. Everybody falls asleep. They proceed to walk the ball in the goal. Then smother the match until it ends in 1-0.

That they're finally playing well against a completely broken Italy doesn't change my hate for this Spanish side.

Yeah, the match completely collapsed on itself once the Italians were left with just 10 players. The first 55 minutes were great though.

Clegg

I'm just saying a crowd is usually too busy getting excited to have the time to actually sing a song. Here there are so few moments where the crow stops to exclaim themselves, that to me it indicates the sport is very slow and devoid of excitement.

Fans singing is ingrained into football. They sing songs about the favourite players, how shit the opposition is etc etc.

Its got nothing to do with boredom but more about enjoying yourself at the match. Good crowd atmosphere can elevate an entertaining game into a legendary game.

Your posts show a distinct lack of understanding about the greatest sport on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom