• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omadahl

Banned
How does he not have pink eye? Hell, I have to tell my 3-year old not to dig in her pants and touch her face. Someone get her a multi-million dollar contract.

spekkeh

Banned
Note to self never shake hands with Joachim Löw

OiEkRt9.gif

Croyles

There's an interesting bit about a new statistics system on German tv atm.

They are talking about how misleading current statistics can be and are trying something new called "packing".

Überspielte Gegner are the amount of successful passes that leave less of the opposing team between the ball and the goal compared to before the pass.

Überspielte Verteidiger is the same but specific for bypassing defenders.

Top half of top image shows that "statistically" Brazil played "better" in the 7-1 with the standard statistics.
Could be good to highlight "quality" passes rather than quantity maybe, but even this wouldn't account for everything.

Dinda

OMG as a German i'm really sorry that you guys have to watch Jogi Löw.

That is we we have to invent such words as "fremdschämen".

Jisgsaw

There's an interesting bit about a new statistics system on German tv atm.

They are talking about how misleading current statistics can be and are trying something new called "packing".

Überspielte Gegner are the amount of successful passes that leave less of the opposing team between the ball and the goal compared to before the pass.

Überspielte Verteidiger is the same but specific for bypassing defenders.

Top half of top image shows that "statistically" Brazil played "better" in the 7-1 with the standard statistics.
Could be good to highlight "quality" passes rather than quantity maybe, but even this wouldn't account for everything.

Yeah saw that too.
Could be interesting as the current statistic are clearly often not enough.

Kjellson

I'm fucking terrified for the Ireland game tomorrow.

It also wouldn't surprise me at all if we got our first 0 - 0 with that game.

Mimosa97

Lol few pages ago I posted about Lowe and his hygiene problem and apparently it's a recurrent problem with him. I watched the video and not gonna lie the " put your hand in your pants " is pretty standard when you're dude at home on your couch but in a public setting and on national TV goddamn lowe you're fucking savage lol

Beefy

Lol few pages ago I posted about Lowe and his hygiene problem and apparently it's a recurrent problem with him. I watched the video and not gonna lie the " put your hand in your pants " is pretty standard when you're dude at home on your couch but in a public setting and on national TV goddamn lowe you're fucking savage lol

Nah.

jm89

tumblr_ll2egnBRgG1qztk8oo1_500.gif

Syder

You don't scratch your balls when you're at home ? I always end up with my hand in my pants when I'm alone passed out on my couch.

Btw I hadn't watched the second video where he scratches his dirty ass.
I'm with you, brother. Not necessarily touching your junk but having a hand in the pyjama bottoms, gym shorts, etc. for warmth is not abnormal at all. It's really warm down there.

On the touchline of the European Championships though....

Beefy

I'm with you, brother. Not necessarily touching your junk but having a hand in the pyjama bottoms, gym shorts, etc. for warmth is not abnormal at all. It's really warm down there.

On the touchline of the European Championships though....

Sniffing your hand after though....

Jin_7

"Gut, wenn man einen Jerome Boateng als Nachbar hat..."
Bundestrainer Joachim Löw nach dem Sieg gegen die Ukraine.

20 years of watching football and I didn't know that. In fact I had never thought about it.

TIL
Don't worry. I was surprised when I learned that the ball doesn't have to be in the corner zone when a corner is taken, it only needs to hover above the line of the zone.

All those years of confusion and madness at referees for not punishing players.

20 years of watching football and I didn't know that. In fact I had never thought about it.

TIL

Yeah, offside is a fruity rule. You can still be offside and be in front of a defender if the keeper has gone walkabout down the pitch.

eOG29Do.png

The player in black (11, I think) is offside even thought there's a defender on the line. You're offside if you're in the opponents half and beyond the second last defender (including goalkeepers) when the ball is played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom