• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lego Boss

Actually not a good idea, no off-side in the defensive half!

There was an old joke that went around in the mid-80s:

Who would win if Maradona played Wolves? (Wolves were particualry bad then)

Everyone said 'Wolves', but then the smart-ass would say, 'yeah but what about offside?'

HOWEVER, the player in possession cannot be offside and passes backwards are not offiside.

I honestly thought that everyone knew that the keeper qualifies as a defender . . .

amanset

Fucking A.

I'm in an external examining meeting on Thursday for ENG v WAL.

I'm going to get my mate to What's APP me updates, but really WHY UEFA?

They joys of working in a more relaxed environment. At our usual monday meeting our CEO said anyone coudl use the games room to watch matches and if there are a lot of people for specific games they could use the projector in the main break area.

I'll probably stream the England game to my computer though. I kind of have a lot to do.

PatjuhR

We Dutch should boycot that WC because of that.

WIN-WIN-WIN

We show that woman we support her, we got our morales right as a country and we save ourselves from the emberrasment of not qualifying for the WC.

Carn82

We Dutch should boycot that WC because of that.

WIN-WIN-WIN

We show that woman we support her, we got our morales right as a country and we save ourselves from the emberrasment of not qualifying for the WC.

Hehe.

Well, wouldnt surprise me if Qatar suddenly turns into "Welcome welcome westerners; we are liberal as fuck!" when the WC arrives :p

Jimrpg

Now German hooligans fighting with Ukrainian fans? Wtf is going on with the world?

I could imagine Russia 2018 being way worse...

Cappa

Banned
Now German hooligans fighting with Ukrainian fans? Wtf is going on with the world?

I know people think this but let me tell you the police in Russia don't play..... I'm sure they're going to be the ones doing the beating

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to today's matches! I'll catch the second half of the Spain match and watch Italy tonight for sure

Jack cw

Only worse if the Russian security and military takes part. They are not known for making prisoners. This Euro has it's downs, the ultra scene is rather offensive this time and I think the French do their best, but they can only do so much.

Lego Boss

What a wonderful cuntry

I am seriously considering not watching the 2022 WC.

How such a despicable country can host one of the world's biggest sporting events which will be inevitable cosmopolitan and diverse really defies belief.

If FIFA had any backbone, they would revisit the process and re-award.

No, didn't think so.

Blablurn

whats up with all those hooligans again

i thought this culture was gone. of course i know it wasnt but it seemed like they could control it in the last tournaments.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Russia should just give the Ultras a plane ticket and some weapons to Syria/Iraq and beat down ISIS.

cripterion

I don't think it will to be honest, as Russians would have no concern about whooping troublemakers or deporting them on the spot.

Nah English fans will still get blamed saying it's always them everytime

Problem is that the way we behave abroad paints a big target on the English fans for any idiots who want to 'prove' themselves. Our lads like to give it the big one and have 'bantz', but it comes over very aggressive and arrogant. The Russians are bang out of order, but we still need to take a look at our own behaviour too.

Only worse if the Russian security and military takes part. They are not known for making prisoners. This Euro has it's downs, the ultra scene is rather offensive this time and I think the French do their best, but they can only do so much.
If this is their best then god help them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom