• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Very entertaining match.
And as the French commentators were saying: never bury Italia, it's one of those teams that are eternal.

Belgium was a mistake.

Wilmots needs to go.

SO MUCH TALENT BEING WASTED

Wilmots is tainted by Schalke.

K3T97Nk.jpg

Belgium basically have Schalke's curse now. Congrats!

Kaban

So disappointed. I'm supporting both Sweden and Belgium, and if neither team make it to the round of 16, I'm going to flip out.

No joke, today's performance was way better than I expected! Italy was scaring the sit out of me in those last twenty minutes but Pelle sealed the deal in glorious fashion! Already this team is better than 2010 (though that's not saying much).

GGs Belgium. It was a good game.

Russia was much better than Northern Ireland.

Oh shit. My condolences for watching it than.

Italy played very well, agreed. But Germany didn't deserve to win against Ukraine, can consider themselves very lucky Ukraine wasted so many chances.

I might be biased, but that's not a fair assessment. First half was a toss between them, and second half was absolutely dominated by Germany.

Joni

The worst thing about this loss is that Wilmots will just blame the number of absents, despite still having defenders for different world class teams playing, including one of the best goalies in the world.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Russia was much better than Northern Ireland.

No way man. NI are a smaller nation that has to work hard to create things, and playing at their first tournament for many, many years. They did OK.

Russia were absolutely terrible. Utterly one-note, pedestrian football from start to finish.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
...Germany didn't deserve to win against Ukraine, can consider themselves very lucky Ukraine wasted so many chances.

Sorry for the double post, but what the hell am I reading?!!!

Did we watch the same Germany-Ukraine match?!

Jesus Belgium, I would have thought you'd have some of the spark from qualifies...

...but nope.

You can actually see when the back line said "fuck it" when they got caught spread out.

It's going be an interesting car drive home. I'm predicting lots of Italian flags and honking horns...

El Topo

No way man. NI are a smaller nation that has to work hard to create things, and playing at their first tournament for many, many years. They did OK.

Russia were absolutely terrible. Utterly one-note, pedestrian football from start to finish.

Northern Ireland were utter shit. It's a miracle they didn't lose by four or five goals. I don't care if they're smaller or if it is their first tournament in ages, I'm judging their performance on the pitch. Hands down the worst one yet.
I'm sure they'll recover, I'm sure they'll put up a good fight in the other matches, we know they can do a lot better, but yesterday they looked dreadful.

Empty

any chance italy will win this cup?

they don't have any good forwards, which makes it difficult against teams that aren't as naive as belgium

but they do have the best defense and the best coach so they will be a danger in the knockout games where you can just knick a goal and hang on

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Northern Ireland were utter shit. It's a miracle they didn't lose by four or five goals. I don't care if they're smaller or if it is their first tournament in ages, I'm judging their performance on the pitch. Hands down the worst one yet.
I'm sure they'll recover, I'm sure they'll put up a good fight in the other matches, we know they can do a lot better, but yesterday they looked dreadful.

Well that's very harsh I think. They just never got their set-pieces going, which is a big way they build momentum in an attacking sense. They defended very well I thought, and were energetic if lacking a bit of end-product.

And like I said, Russia were just completely lifeless. Their football was insipid.

Jamie OD

any chance italy will win this cup?

I'd be concerned with how much possession Belgium had inside Italy's side of the pitch during the 2nd half. A stronger team would have made something out of it. However the Italians weren't afraid to play rough when it suited them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom