• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undead

150,000 is a laughable amount,
I can't see the Russians suddenly stopping the violence because it was never about the football to them but kicking them out now will only make them more violent and possibly holding a huge grudge for the world cup and turn it into a giant bloodbath.

patapuf

150,000 is a laughable amount,
I can't see the Russians suddenly stopping the violence because it was never about the football to them but kicking them out now will only make them more violent and possibly holding a huge grudge for the world cup and turn it into a giant bloodbath.

The Hooligans will do what they do, but the response from the Russian federation was BS.

caramac

twjuXpH.jpg

Nodnol

The caveat about further disturbances inside the stadium undermines the whole statement. They've already warned Russia (and England), and whilst they may have a legal obligation regarding stadium security and anything inside the venue, they still have a moral responsibility from here to Timbuktu. They're a registered charity for crying out loud.

Certain countries have been warned and warned and warned and warned. A harder stance needs to be taken, whether it be fan violence, hooliganism, organised attacks, racism, homophobia etc etc. The fine is pitiful and I'll be amazed if anyone is actual kicked out. UEFA have the same backbone as FIFA, and commercial success and responsibility outweigh fan safety and moral obligation. Urgh.

Firemind

The caveat about further disturbances inside the stadium undermines the whole statement. They've already warned Russia (and England), and whilst they may have a legal obligation regarding stadium security and anything inside the venue, they still have a moral responsibility from here to Timbuktu. They're a registered charity for crying out loud.

Certain countries have been warned and warned and warned and warned. A harder stance needs to be taken, whether it be fan violence, hooliganism, organised attacks, racism, homophobia etc etc. The fine is pitiful and I'll be amazed if anyone is actual kicked out. UEFA have the same backbone as FIFA, and commercial success and responsibility outweigh fan safety and moral obligation. Urgh.
The organization just stated that if more fights break out inside stadiums, they're going to kick them out of the tournament.

T-Rex.

Banned
They key bit is disqualified if there's anymore trouble inside the stadium. So basically, not a deterrent to anyone because all they'll do is kick off outside the stadium like before. In fact, I doubt this will stop them from causing shit inside the stadium either. What a farce.

They key bit is disqualified if there's anymore trouble inside the stadium. So basically, not a deterrent to anyone because all they'll do is kick off outside the stadium like before. In fact, I doubt this will stop them from causing shit inside the stadium either. What a farce.

Based on what would you sanction a national team for the fans' behaviour outside the stadium? Russia could appeal to the CAS and would win.

T-Rex.

Banned
Based on what would you sanction a national team for the fans' behaviour outside the stadium? Russia could appeal to the CAS and would win.
Yeah I know, I'm just saying that this decision means nothing really. It won't stop the violence. For it to stop the Russian bodies needs to do something, but I doubt they're arsed.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yeah I know, I'm just saying that this decision means nothing really. It won't stop the violence. For it to stop the Russian bodies needs to do something, but I doubt they're arsed.

That's the whole point, practically Russia is disqualified if anything else happens in the stadium, so the Russian bodies should at least care for that. For a state like Russia I'm sure there are the necessary pulls to control these mobs if they really want that. The problem is that the Russian authorities had a very "nothing happened" attitude, so hopefully that will change.

Nodnol

The organization just stated that if more fights break out inside stadiums, they're going to kick them out of the tournament.

That's the problem though; inside the stadium. Why not outside?

UEFA aren't legally responsible for activity outside the stadium, but morally they are, when it's their members and it's their tournement.

Skele7on

Banned
If Russia lose next game (it's possible) and England beat Bales (it's possible-maybe)

Then good luck Welsh fans. I would not attend that game.

PatjuhR

I have absolutely no clue how you can not play De Bruyne in centre and Carrasco out wide.

He literally played with 2 creative players against a highly defense minded Italy. Good choice bro.

wighti

Isn't the disqualification the strongest reply from either FIFA or UEFA in a long, long time?

Only other I can think of was Jugoslavia in '92(?) but that was for a whole other reasons.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Very good. Maybe this will push Russian officials to stop ignoring their shit.

Exactly. It's a positive step that I'm glad UEFA are taking. It tightens the net around Russia a bit, they can't just keep ignoring the trouble if it kicks off again.

The next step is for the authorities to take. It's a difficult time with the threat of terrorist attacks hanging over everything, but there has to be an increased police presence in the cities and towns where certain fans are going to be gathering. I agree with the suggestion that British police should be drafted in to help.

PatjuhR

It's because of the Germans and there exact wording for things.

He's probably wondering all the time what's so special about eau de toilette.

NekoFever

[Fugo];206977413 said:
I'm honestly quite worried about 2018 World Cup

I'd be less worried about violence. I imagine the Russian authorities won't put up with any shit that could embarrass them during "their" World Cup.

I hope Portugal starts Renato Sanches, I like this kid.

I advocate for more youth than being overly nostalgic of overused old veterans

Old veteran players (Carvalho) who have proven themselves, okay he has proven himself to be valuable

But old veteran players who have not done much with their careers (Bruno Alves) and burried themselves in the Russian league and Turkish league.... go sit on the bench

[Fugo];206977413 said:
I'm honestly quite worried about 2018 World Cup

My uncle works at a FIFA office, and he's already told me that there's going to be travel advisories. I'm not planning to go personally. It sucks that the next two World Cups are in terrible places...

Leyasu

Banned

The only the way the cunts will learn is when it is them getting thrown to the floor and having their heads stamped on.

After watching some YouTube videos, I hate to say it, but I hope some of the other countries supporters adopt the Russian tactics.

Band up, dont bother with fist fights and just throw them to the floor, then kick their fucking heads in rinse and repeat. They are just there to fuck people up in a bad way.

Seriously, imagine if they simply replaced Russia with Netherlands from the beginning, all on account of fan behavior.. The quality of this tourney would've been so much better in and out of the stadium.

That should be a new (preemptive) FIFA and UEFA rule...

"Oh you guys are a decent team? You qualified? Not so fast... Your fans have a long history of being cunts and raising havoc and ruining the fun for everyone, I am afraid you're not participating, who's next on the list?"

El Topo

Damn you LVG.

United is in a state of disarray, the blame for that does not lie (mostly) with LVG. Your management needs to get its shit together. Give us the old United back, the one that didn't suck.

I've been told that there wasn't a united national team though, but rather two separate teams. As a German, I therefore unfortunately have to inform you that your joke does not make perfect sense historically speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom