• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at a double header at Hampden Park for the Olympics in 2012. The second game was Spain vs Japan (where Japan beat them) and for most of the day, we were chatting, shooting the shit etc but nothing too egregious or certainly out of place for a football match in Glasgow.

During the second game, we were on topic and talking about David de Gea who was right in front of us. All of a sudden the girl in the next row forward (who was with we assume her dad, who hadn't said a word all day), who had clearly not attended a football game in her life, turned to us and said...

..."are you lot gonna keep talking shite the whole of the second game too.....?"

Maybe deep down, she knew something about the Spaniard shot-stopper after all...

spekkeh

Banned
I'm 36 and this is qualitatively on paper the worst Italy I have ever seen , however, Italy in major competitions is every time able to win the cup or easily lose , but this year sincerely looks very hard to even pass the first round.
That group can really go every which way. Italy is Italy, but this year is weak. Belgium is Belgium, but this year is strong. Sweden has Zlatan so you never know. Only Ireland is considerably weaker I'd say, but might also pull off an upset.

I'm thinking
Italy 4
Belgium 4
Sweden 4
Ireland 3

Something like that.

Sigh… What is it with footballers and rape/sexual offences?
Money fame small brain

wbsmcs

That group can really go every which way. Italy is Italy, but this year is weak. Belgium is Belgium, but this year is strong. Sweden has Zlatan so you never know. Only Ireland is considerably weaker I'd say, but might also pull off an upset.

I'm thinking
Italy 4
Belgium 4
Sweden 4
Ireland 3

Something like that.

I could see Italy vs. Sweden being a veryyyyyy conservative game if Sweden beats Ireland in the first match. 4 points will probably be enough to get a top 4 third place and Italy would probably rather take their chances against Ireland.

Thanks to the ppl. who replied to me a few pages back. I can win quite a lot of money at my job so I'm especially careful this time around.

Ok, so now I arrived at this tournament table:

I8WYtlF.png

http://euro2016.eurosport.co.uk/web/eurosport-euro-2016-uk/prediction/16374494

I was down on Spain as is, but with the new allegations and whatnot I feel like they are going to under-perform even more.
Also quite down on Italy when looking at their squad.
I may be a bit wild on Croatia & England.

Roy will start with Rooney up top and reach a semi.

ohyou.gif

I feel England will sail through the group stages, making the press get HYPED again, then in the quarters they will have a tough match and scrape through "Dogged performance, does the country proud" etc then get thrown onto the curb by a drastically weakened France causing everyone to turn on them. If we could score more than a goal a game that'd be just terrific

Hoo-doo

Banned
Dutch TV is showing a documentary about the refereeing in these games. It's super fascinating.

Björn Kuipers da gawd.

Instro

Totally forgot about that this was coming up. By coincidence I was already taking next week off so that will work out well :).

Strax

I'm 36 and this is qualitatively on paper the worst Italy I have ever seen , however, Italy in major competitions is every time able to win the cup or easily lose , but this year sincerely looks very hard to even pass the first round.

People have been saying this about every Italy squad after 1994, its getting kind of funny.

Thanks to the ppl. who replied to me a few pages back. I can win quite a lot of money at my job so I'm especially careful this time around.

Ok, so now I arrived at this tournament table:

I8WYtlF.png

http://euro2016.eurosport.co.uk/web/eurosport-euro-2016-uk/prediction/16374494

I was down on Spain as is, but with the new allegations and whatnot I feel like they are going to under-perform even more.
Also quite down on Italy when looking at their squad.
I may be a bit wild on Croatia & England.

91591-injustica-mesmo-624x0-1.gif

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm really curious if we're able to hold off France today. Our defence is pretty strong, but France is really good. Let's do this.

painey

fukken HYPE. im so ready. bet against croatia to win it all for some easy money and a reason to root against em, and ready to root for England from the wrong side of the pond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom