• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie OD

The Russian manager looks like he's having a panic attack. The Slovakian manager meanwhile looks like he's having the best day out ever.

caramac

Better late than never I suppose.

2016-06-1514_57_44umjlu.gif

PatjuhR

Yea so probably 4 points is enough to qualify for the next round.

Maybe even three, but then it will depend on goal difference and goals scored.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So, England couldn't beat this Russian team, huh?

It was an odd match. England created a zillion chances but bottled them all; they really should have been up 3-0 by 70 minutes in; the scoreline made the match look closer than it was.

That said, hopefully Wales will top the group now. Cymru am Byth!

Formation and players picked screwed us. We have the players to do pretty well. But our manager is shit.

Wales will beat us if we play the same formation.

Yeah, I wanted to give Woy the benefit of the doubt, but those subs in the Russia game were ridiculous. He is way too cautious, and is the main reason we didn't win that game easily.

Beefy

Yeah, I wanted to give Woy the benefit of the doubt, but those subs in the Russia game were ridiculous. He is way too cautious, and is the main reason we didn't win that game easily.

We should be playing 4-2-3-1. Wilshere/ Henderson with Dier in DM. Then Sterling ( as we don't really have any wingers) Rooney/Alli and Lallana in the 3 behind Kane.

Alli and Rooney didn't work together in midfield.

dealer-

Whilst the game was a draw, if you know anything about Football or even watched the game you'd understand why the comparison is unfair.

Hopefully the Russian fans don't kick off. Eagerly looking forward to tomorrow's game though.

It's a fair comparison, England made a meal of putting away a very mediocre Russian side, whilst Slovakia are doing it with ease.

Lego Boss

The great Dutch team of 1988 lost its opener 1-0 to . . . . USSR, before Gullit and van Basten destroyed them in the final.

It's too early to say that 'England are shit etc etc.

Save it until Bales scores a hat-trick against us tomorrow.

Alucard

Banned
Whilst the game was a draw, if you know anything about Football or even watched the game you'd understand why the comparison is unfair.

Hopefully the Russian fans don't kick off. Eagerly looking forward to tomorrow's game though.

I know England were unfortunate to only get a draw. Just some friendly ribbing.

It's a fair comparison, England made a meal of putting away a very mediocre Russian side, whilst Slovakia are doing it with ease.
and then accidentally let in a shit shot in the 93rd. England fucked up but there is no evidence that this Slovakian side is superior in the way they've played. England got incredibly unlucky and Russia got incredibly lucky.

England/Wales tomorrow should be a fun game, especially after Bale and Ramsey stoking the flames of competition. It's really a win-win though because I have family all over the British Isles and am supporting every team, ultimately any result that could allow both England and Wales to get into the next round is fine by me.

I know England were unfortunate to only get a draw. Just some friendly ribbing.
We're a bit like Sterling as a whole, good at working the ball but can't finish for shit. I'd like to blame old Hodgey but I'm not sure if I can excuse Kane and Rooney not scoring.

dealer-

and then accidentally let in a shit shot in the 93rd. England fucked up but there is no evidence that this Slovakian side is superior in the way they've played. England got incredibly unlucky and Russia got incredibly lucky.

England/Wales tomorrow should be a fun game, especially after Bale and Ramsey stoking the flames of competition. It's really a win-win though because I have family all over the British Isles and am supporting every team, ultimately any result that could allow both England and Wales to get into the next round is fine by me.

I disagree. The evidence is that they are winning 2-0 and England again failed to put a game to bed at a big tournament.

Anyway, yeah surprising to hear Bale being quite cocky, he seems really introverted at Real. Looking forward to it, got the afternoon off work. I can see it being another draw, probably 1-1.

I disagree. The evidence is that they are winning 2-0 and England again failed to put a game to bed at a big tournament.

Anyway, yeah surprising to hear Bale being quite cocky, he seems really introverted at Real. Looking forward to it, got the afternoon off work. I can see it being another draw, probably 1-1.
I get that, I just believe that ultimately we played better and had more chances than Slovakia but for whatever reason we just couldn't finish, I was working at the time but I was incredibly frustrated when I saw the replay. More so than when I knew the score.

Yeah, I think some of the 'underdog' nature of the smaller members of the British Isles has gotten to his head a bit. Not that I don't enjoy it, nice to see Bale having the cockiness that a player of his standard should have. That'd be an annoying result for England, means they'd have to beat Slovakia to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom