• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

If drunken Russian hooligans can sneak fireworks/flares into these stadiums, how hard is it going to be for an ISIS mug?

Don't worry. Most of our good chances wont fall to Sterling and Lallana every match.
Hopefully because they won't be on the pitch from now on.

dealer-

I get that, I just believe that ultimately we played better and had more chances than Slovakia but for whatever reason we just couldn't finish, I was working at the time but I was incredibly frustrated when I saw the replay. More so than when I knew the score.

Yeah, I think some of the 'underdog' nature of the smaller members of the British Isles has gotten to his head a bit. Not that I don't enjoy it, nice to see Bale having the cockiness that a player of his standard should have. That'd be an annoying result for England, means they'd have to beat Slovakia to go through.

Russia just scored so I might have to some crow lol. Yeah I think Bale feels a lot more comfortable in the Wales setup, he is probably in Ronaldo's shadow at Real when it comes to being the main man and the guy people look too.

Yep a draw would leave us in a poor position really, maybe three draws would be enough though with four third placed teams getting through this time.

Hopefully because they won't be on the pitch from now on.

Sounds like it's going to be the same formation and same team again unfortunately.

If drunken Russian hooligans can sneak fireworks/flares into these stadiums, how hard is it going to be for an ISIS mug?
Makes you wonder how credible an ISIS threat actually is. The only reason the bomb didn't go off inside the stadium during the Germany/France game was because they didn't have a valid ticket.

You'd assume though that the security here is much like airport security where it's all just security theater and if an ISIS attack is stopped it's done by European intelligence agencies.

Russia just scored so I might have to some crow lol. Yeah I think Bale feels a lot more comfortable in the Wales setup, he is probably in Ronaldo's shadow at Real when it comes to being the main man and the guy people look too.

Yep a draw would leave us in a poor position really, maybe three draws would be enough though with four third placed teams getting through this time.
But the third place draw may screw us if Russia get kicked out after this game. We'd have to beat Slovakia either way then.

Makes you wonder how credible an ISIS threat actually is. The only reason the bomb didn't go off inside the stadium during the Germany/France game was because they didn't have a valid ticket.

You'd assume though that the security here is much like airport security where it's all just security theater and if an ISIS attack is stopped it's done by European intelligence agencies.

But the third place draw may screw us if Russia get kicked out after this game. We'd have to beat Slovakia either way then.
If Russia are kicked out aren't all their games invalidated? Thus Slovakia would lose their points. Therefore a draw with them and not losing to Wales would be enough?

The bomber had a ticket, but his vest was discovere during the security control.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/attacker-tried-to-enter-paris-stadium-but-was-turned-away-1447520571
Ah, okay. I must have remembered wrong.

If Russia are kicked out aren't all their games invalidated? Thus Slovakia would lose their points. Therefore a draw with them and not losing to Wales would be enough?
I don't think we're 100% sure what they'd do. You have a good point though.

Syder

Makes you wonder how credible an ISIS threat actually is.
Well, as much as the perpetrators of the Paris, Brussels and Orlando attacks would have you think they were part of ISIS, they really weren't. The Paris & Brussels terrorists were pretty much average Westerners that partook in all sorts of vices before they decided to take innocent people's lives and the Orlando shooter was a homosexual in denial.

@SamBorden
UPDATE: @UEFA spokesman tells me that flare in Russian end does not count as "crowd disturbance." Russia presumably safe.

POTM (photo of the match):
grsFEBC.jpg

spekkeh

Banned
Well, as much as the perpetrators of the Paris, Brussels and Orlando attacks would have you think they were part of ISIS, they really weren't. The Paris & Brussels terrorists were pretty much average Westerners that partook in all sorts of vices before they decided to take innocent people's lives and the Orlando shooter was a homosexual in denial.
That's not true, a number of the Paris and Brussels terrorists had been to Syria, fighting for ISIS. I think one or two actually had Syrian passports.

Alucard

Banned
Having a solo pub lunch and watching the first half of Romania vs. Switzerland. I love this time of year and these tournaments while working in Montreal.

Shito

That's not true, a number of the Paris and Brussels terrorists had been to Syria, fighting for ISIS. I think one or two actually had Syrian passports.
Yeah that is pure bullshit, France&Brussels perpetrators were very much linked to ISIS and Syria.
The Orlando guy seems more remote and a lone guy gone crazy, though, but even then he still was influenced by ISIS propaganda.

Andrefpvs

Quickly went through yesterday's posts here, and I can't stop laughing, haha:

1st half: "Oh wow, Portugal are looking really good, definitely a contender for the trophy."
2nd half: "LMAO what's happening"

Shito

Fun fact:

German commentator: "Why is the ref so strict all of a sudden? The Swiss didn't even pull that hard."

Austrian commentator: "Such an obvious, senseless foul. And the ref was right next to it."
Haha.
French one was "beware the jersey, leave the jersey, stop... and here we go...".

Cappa

Banned
Except he still shits class even at 38, why would age matter if you still got it?

lol wot? He was never a good tackler, never had good speed(much worse now obv), his aerials are always good and he's always been known to be an incredible distributor from the backline but to call him "class" when he's clearly not, is pretty silly.

I'll give him that... his 80+% completion rate is solid for CB... but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

He was exposed against Iceland.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Pff, tough half. We played worse than in the game against France until the goal. It was a bit better after and we had more scoring chances, but still we lose the ball too easy and we make defensive errors. I hope the coach fix it during the break. I'm very happy for the score though.

azyless

English fans vandalizing in Lille earlier. Ugly scenes.
I don't know who to trust on this so don't take my word for it but I've heard that russian "ultras" went to Lille to clash with english and welsh fans.

Shame UEFA can't do anything about their behaviour outside stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom