• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistwell

Albania played a solid game. They laid it all out on the pitch. France was more fresh physically in the end. First goal was a bit lucky (a cross by Rami, really??), although France had been pushing pretty hard for a while.

wbsmcs

Anyway Albania can advance if we beat Romania? Switzerland beat Albania 1-0.

If they win they have a chance. Luckily for them Sweden and Northern Ireland tied, and I could see those teams losing their next 2 matches meaning there will be 1 less 3rd place team to worry about.

The biggest thing against Albania was giving up that 2nd goal. Goal differential will surely be a tiebreaker between teams with 3 points.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If they win they have a chance. Luckily for them Sweden and Northern Ireland tied, and I could see those teams losing their next 2 matches meaning there will be 1 less 3rd place team to worry about.

The biggest thing against Albania was giving up that 2nd goal. Goal differential will surely be a tiebreaker between teams with 3 points.

Thank you for the info I don't watch Futbol as much as I watch American football so I'm not 100% sure on the rules.

I do know that second goal at the 95th minute could screw us in the end.

France played a great second half and Albania played a great game as well. The program is young but the talent and potential is there for a future great European national team.

spekkeh

Banned
Lucky French. Unexpected win in the end. It's clear they completely underestimated Albania going into the match, and found themselves chasing after them for a long time until they were too tired to make a difference. Lucky for France the power difference was also too great for Albania to actually score a goal, so this was headed for a 0-0 until the very end. Well I guess it's better than an actual 0-0.

xandaca

France were excellent second half, much better pressure.

Fancy Wales tomorrow, it seems most of the English press think it's a formality.

If we can't beat feckin' Russia, Wales are a long way from a formality. Frankly, I'm near enough certain it'll be a draw unless Gareth Bale produces something.

Addi

France has always had issues against smaller teams that park the bus, nothing new. At least they win on a bad day and the defence was a bit better today. They will play better games.

On another note, are the games in the Euro that tight because of the 24 teams system since you don't need as many points to get through?

Sky News showing live footage of a stand-off between police and England fans.

Watching it, the French police really have no clue how to handle this.

It should be noted the fans are not being violent,
(yet?)
just loud and annoying.

But the police tactics are way too overkill. They're making it worse.

Cappa

Banned
Please. Every group of fans is capable of this (every group of young, drunk men actually).
This happened a few months ago: PSV Eindhoven (Dutch) fans in Madrid
Psv fans the same ones that cause trouble everywhere they go? Shocker.

No. You never see French German and Spanish fans acting like this. In fact, there's a reason English fans get a bad rep.... Everywhere.

To add to this video is the English fans in front of riot police chanting "we all hate Russia" what a bunch of twats

Oriel

UEFA will be under enormous pressure to throw England out of the Euros after tonight's violence by English hooligans, especially in light of threatening the same to Russia.

Psv fans the same ones that cause trouble everywhere they go? Shocker.

No. You never see French German and Spanish fans acting like this. In fact, there's a reason English fans get a bad rep.... Everywhere.

To add to this video is the English fans in front of riot police chanting "we all hate Russia" what a bunch of twats

Haven't groups of French and Germans kicked off at this tournament already?

Sky News showing live footage of a stand-off between police and England fans.

Watching it, the French police really have no clue how to handle this.

It should be noted the fans are not being violent,
(yet?)
just loud and annoying.

But the police tactics are way too overkill. They're making it worse.
Maybe, but they've had enough. The fans are taking the piss. People need to grow the fuck up.

Other countries do it, but us (English) fans are really bad. It is weird - this seems a football problem more than anything. You don't see this so much in Rugby.

Cappa

Banned
Have been french gangs though.
Yeah but those are the same shit bags that cause disturbances during peaceful protests.

I wouldn't call them hooligans.

The German vs Ukraine video I've seen shows like a group of 10 ppl just throwing chairs and shit. It's not a full out brawl like England Russia was

Lego Boss

Are we all ready for England to beat Wales tomorrow?

After tonight l realise that England just don't have the same fortune as other teams.

When would they ever score twice in the final minutes of a tournament game to win it?

When would they EVER score two in a tournament game?

Can anyone remember when England one a knockout game at the Euros? (Spain 96 doesn't count as it is recorded as a draw).

Neither can l!

The German vs Ukraine video I've seen shows like a group of 10 ppl just throwing chairs and shit. It's not a full out brawl like England Russia was

Oh, that makes it alright though.

You were flogging this agenda a few days ago, and people called you out over it. You hate the English, we get it.

dc89

@StanCollymore 1 minute ago
Kicking off in Lille. Tear gas, spray and flash bangs being used.

England fans, please stay safe, don't get us kicked out please.

Cappa

Banned
Oh, that makes it alright though.

You were flogging this agenda a few days ago, and people called you out over it. You hate the English, we get it.
No, i hate twats like the ones in the video throwing coins at the Roma kids who just happened to be English.

I hate the twats in the video chanting at French riot police "we hate Russia" oh they also happened to be English.

I also hate the Russian twat with the gopro.

So no I don't hate the English.... I hate twats

I also didn't say it was ok... Just saying that certain fans are known to start shit more than others.

jm89

I think UEFA should throw out the team where the fans consistently fuck around, no warnings or second chances like they gave russia, need to make an example out of someone.

No, i hate twats like the ones in the video throwing coins at the Roma kids who just happened to be English.

I hate the twats in the video chanting at French riot police "we hate Russia" oh they also happened to be English.

I also hate the Russian twat with the gopro.

So no I don't hate the English.... I hate twats

I also didn't say it was ok... Just saying that certain fans are known to start shit more than others.

You may hate twats, but you post stuff like this.

Stop and pause. I highly doubt they went directly after women in children. Its pretty clear women and children are going to be at a football game.

Let's be realistic here. Russian fans were being provoked. The Russian response was repulsive but for fucks sake let's stop acting like this hooliganism is just one section.

Lol its also a clear indication that no one should be excusing English fans. If you're going to provoke someone be prepared for the consequences.

You accused English fans of provoking the Russians inside the stadium and deserving what they got. And...

I keep seeing random twitter junk about shit like "the English threw flares at the Russians first", and "It's because the English booed during the Russian Anthem".

A flare did go off in Russian section after England scored....

Flare in Russian section after England scored? Hmmmmm coincidence?

You implied that English fans threw the flare. They didn't. You've been hellbent on calling out the English for everything, even to the extend of justifying the Russian violence as a response. The English "deserved it" for starting it all.

Beside, every country has it's twats. England, Russia, Germany, Spain, Italy, even my little Wales (we've had some right scumbags over the years). But for every twat at Euro 2016 there's a load of fans who just want to watch some football.

T-Rex.

Banned
After tonight l realise that England just don't have the same fortune as other teams.

When would they ever score twice in the final minutes of a tournament game to win it?

When would they EVER score two in a tournament game?
It's funny because it's true. But nah, I feel like Wales have just done the team talk for Hodgosaurus. All I've read all week is about how they've got more passion than the England players, how none of the England players would get into their team, oh and how "on paper" they have a better side (lol). They are a good side, and Bale is phenomenal, but I think we'll beat them. I can't see Kane being as bad as he was against Russia for starters.

FDC1

The scoreline didn't reflect the game. France were ordinary for the majority of the match. Albania were unlucky not to score.

Lol what? France was very average but still superior, Albania only had one true opportunity in 90m and even for this one that was Sagna who almost scored.

You feel salty

Joni

That is weird, considering the reports of Marseille fans involved in the Russian-English riots.

Shito

That is weird, considering the reports of Marseille fans involved in the Russian-English riots.
Those were more local youth than "Marseille fans", trying to "defend" their town.
Just as stupid I agree, but they didn't care one bit about football when getting into these fights...

Xando

Uefa should apply the same metric to the English (Or any other nation) like they have with the Russians.

In or outside the stadium if you can't behave get your team kicked out

No need for that rioting shit

Videos from Lille:

Just before the first baton charge #Lille

Chaotic scenes as police charge and banger goes off #Lille

Tear gas fired, huge numbers running #Lille

Btw.: I found out that most of the Russian hooligan videos are from these Russian reporters:
https://twitter.com/KyKyPyKy22
https://twitter.com/edim_sport

Disclaimer: Don't expect anything resembling a fair representation of the events on the ground.

One of them is in Lille apparently: #lille now #EURO2016

I missed this nugget yesterday:
w3iax1a.gif

Internal monologue of some Russians: Oh niet, not the MOTHERLAND.

jm89

It's funny because it's true. But nah, I feel like Wales have just done the team talk for Hodgosaurus. All I've read all week is about how they've got more passion than the England players, how none of the England players would get into their team, oh and how "on paper" they have a better side (lol). They are a good side, and Bale is phenomenal, but I think we'll beat them. I can't see Kane being as bad as he was against Russia for starters.

If by some miracle the england players start playing like they do for their clubs we can stomp wales.

But england as a team are hopeless with a clueless manager so i expect wales to take it or at least a draw.

It's funny because it's true. But nah, I feel like Wales have just done the team talk for Hodgosaurus. All I've read all week is about how they've got more passion than the England players, how none of the England players would get into their team, oh and how "on paper" they have a better side (lol).

And Jack Wilshire said "Wales don't like us and we don't like them", "If you put both teams down on paper, we would win the game" and "All round, we're a better team. We've got better players, and we're confident if we can produce a performance and stop Bale, we can win the game."

Swings and roundabouts, really.

My opinion? Wales will lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom