• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the anti-england paranoia? Hooligans from England and Russia are both complete idiots and deserve blame, you know it very well.

And I can understand the lack of patience for the english fans, I remember last time Chelsea fans were in Paris they pushed a french black man out of the metro because he was black.
Please don't have the nerve to say what's happening this Euro is nothing, there's absolutely no excuse for them.

BobFossil

Neo Member
If it develops into a premiership style game I think england will have an definite advantage.

That being said, they are managed by Hodgson.
And filled with Tottenham players..

Oh god.

And Jack Wilshire said "Wales don't like us and we don't like them", "If you put both teams down on paper, we would win the game" and "All round, we're a better team. We've got better players, and we're confident if we can produce a performance and stop Bale, we can win the game."

Swings and roundabouts, really.

My opinion? Wales will lose.
Spoken like a true Brit. Always think our team will lose. As an Arsenal fan, I feel like we lose or draw almost every game we play and yet miraculously we came 2nd this season.

King_Moc

Banned
Ok then: A lot of groups of young, drunk men regardless of their nationality are capable of such acts. If you can't relate, then I feel like you must not have been out drinking (a lot) in large groups.

You basically insinuated that alcohol can make any person violent, which is complete bollocks. It's not an alcohol problem, it's a twat problem.

T-Rex.

Banned
And Jack Wilshire said "Wales don't like us and we don't like them", "If you put both teams down on paper, we would win the game" and "All round, we're a better team. We've got better players, and we're confident if we can produce a performance and stop Bale, we can win the game."

Eh, I like you. But you're right, I haven't really been paying attention to what the England players have been saying whereas obviously the Welsh quotes have been making the headlines.

You basically insinuated that alcohol can make any person violent, which is complete bollocks. It's not an alcohol problem, it's a twat problem.
No, not at all. The video at hand was about abhorrent behaviour, not a violent one. The threshold for the former when drunk and in groups is way lower.

Yes, the English may overall be more prone to it, but it's clearly not exclusive to them.

The Irish giving the English a bit of banter earlier:

Please don't start a riot

Northern Ireland has the best fans:

622_b45ad051-409f-329c-8c2f-8c82a03a4e4f.jpg

They're ready to face Germany.

Spoken like a true Brit. Always think our team will lose. As an Arsenal fan, I feel like we lose or draw almost every game we play and yet miraculously we came 2nd this season.

I still don't know how Wales even qualified. Especially with Chris "I dumped my wife & mother of my 4 children to shack up with Charlotte Jackson" Coleman, a man who's hardly set the world alight as a manager. After Gary Speed's death a lot of fans weren't happy with Coleman's appointment, seem to remember him being booed by the crowd once.

Who knows? Maybe Hodgson will come good in the end as well?

Eh, I like you. But you're right, I haven't really been paying attention to what the England players have been saying whereas obviously the Welsh quotes have been making the headlines.

I think the media are hyping it up a tad. Most of these payers know each other so they know there's mind games to be played, it's always more fun when you're winding someone you know up. Bale smiled when he replied "None" to the question "Which English players would would get into the Wales side". He knew it's what the press wanted to hear.

None of these players should need headline clippings pinned to dressing room walls to get them motivated. If representing your country at a major tournament against the buggers across the border doesn't get your metaphorical fire burning, then they deserve to be knocked out.

iceatcs

Damn, fuck the French police.
Tear gas everywhere.

Too many singing, tear gas.

Firecracker, tear gas.

Someone drop the glasses, tear gas

Flames, tear gas.

Too large group, tear gas.

Someone sneeze, tear gas.

My lung hurt. Hope tomorrow better.

Tear gas everywhere.

Firecracker, tear gas.

Flames, tear gas.

You feel the police are antagonizing? Really interested to hear of your experience if you can spare the time.

Lego Boss

Are you Welsh? (Assuming you are). Think England need this to get it back on track and will fold accordingly (we know what the national team is like when there is even a little bit of pressure - it's a systemic problem).

Surely even in foot ball we can't BOTH lose!!!!

Tear gas everywhere.

Firecracker, tear gas.

Flames, tear gas.

Of all the countries I never expected France to be so poor at crowd management / riot control. Everything they seem to do seems to antagonise large groups of people.

But I also put the Brexit campaign and their right wing support to task for this bullshit. They deliberately stoke xenophobic sentiment within the poor working class, and as a result we get stuff like this.

And given that the people involved have time during the week to go to France, get drunk, and watch football tells me they're either rich, or poor and unemployed. My money is on the latter.

Local French hooligans in Marseille and Nice certainly did. And the German neonazis started on the Northern Irish.

And your statement that a flare went off (as a sign that the English threw flares) in the Russia side after England scored during the first game is a little bit dumb. Flares have to be ignited first before being thrown. If it goes off on the Russian side then it is being ignited by them.

Kinan

Super nervous about our game today against Northern Ireland. Expect ruthless clashes all over the pitch, both teams need points desperately. Hope that Yarmolenko will wake up, his performance against Germany was abysmal. Kovalenko also disappointed, but probably will start again, do not see anyone in a better shape on his position anyway. All others showed fine football, so I'm optimistic, but still crazy nervous, NI is a very, very unpleasant team to play against.

Alx

Hey, we stockpiled tear gas canisters in preparation of that Euro and its hooligans, it would be a shame to let them go to waste ! :p

Jamie OD

I think England will win it today. They should have learned their lesson from the Russia match and at least get the starting 11 and substitutions right this time. Might skip Germany Vs Poland tonight since both are easily going through to the next round.

Jisgsaw

Of all the countries I never expected France to be so poor at crowd management / riot control. Everything they seem to do seems to antagonise large groups of people.

Ehy do you think there are so many riots in France, that turn bad on top of that?
French police always overreact. For their defence, it's hard to manage riots and crowds.

Draw at best for England today. Leading to a heroic final game thrashing of Slovakia which will get the country behind Woys Boys, only for them to go out in the next round, again

Clydefrog

5-1 in favor of England. Kane brace, because let's be honest, he will start again. Vardy second-half hat-trick.

oh I guess Robson-Kanu scores again for Wales or something.

Bale to get injured in warmup, Robson-Kanu to give Wales a two nil lead at half time only for Woy to have a Churchillian moment in the half time team talk with Vardy scoring a second half hat-trick and Kane scoring a worldy from an angle so narrow it should be impossible.

I hope Wales will not lose today.

Also, poor little English fans, everybody is so mean to them.

The drunk poor working class in this case are cunts. Plain and simple. You have to treat them with kid gloves or else you'll end up antagonising them. Given the perceived initial OTT reaction by French police they likely now don't give a shit about anyone, which you'll be familiar with if you've spent time on a night out in the UK.

Jack cw

I hope Wales will not lose today.

Also, poor little English fans, everybody is so mean to them.
I wonder what makes them so condecending. History has proven that England needs to be a bit more modest when it comes to international tournaments. Even that last game with its result should make them think about it.

I wonder what makes them so condecending. History has proven that England needs to be a bit more modest when it comes to international tournaments. Even that last game with its result should make them think about it.

Who do you think are attending matches in France during the week? It is the poor and unemployed. Base the Euros or WC further away (where it is more expensive) and you'll get way less dick heads.

Or are you talking about the general attitude toward the team? No one believes they'll get anywhere. Only the above people are delusional enough to think otherwise.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The drunk poor working class in this case are cunts. Plain and simple. You have to treat them with kid gloves or else you'll end up antagonising them. Given the perceived initial OTT reaction by French police they likely now don't give a shit about anyone, which you'll be familiar with if you've spent time on a night out in the UK.

Sorry, but this is no excuse. Yes, police can act like dicks sometimes and I think there was a whole discussion some weeks ago in France (at least from what I caught on the news) about how French Police acts even against peaceful demonstrations, I think the discussion was triggered by a demonstration of the French Police, funnily enough.

But this in no way justifies the violent behaviour of some English fans. You can blame everybody else for it if you want, but in the end this is only hurting your image everywhere, as it was seen also at this Euro.

Sorry, but this is no excuse. Yes, police can act like dicks sometimes and I think there was a whole discussion some weeks ago in France (at least from what I caught on the news) about how French Police acts even against peaceful demonstrations, I think the discussion was triggered by a demonstration of the French Police, funnily enough.

But this in no way justifies the violent behaviour of some English fans. You can blame everybody else for it if you want, but in the end this is only hurting your image everywhere, as it was seen also at this Euro.

It isn't justifying it, it's explaining it.

An entirely different approach is required to handle these types of people and the French authorities don't have enough experience to adequately contain them. They've got some British police, but those people really needed a lot more oversight.

Who do you think are attending matches in France during the week? It is the poor and unemployed. Base the Euros or WC further away (where it is more expensive) and you'll get way less dick heads.

Or are you talking about the general attitude toward the team? No one believes they'll get anywhere. Only the above people are delusional enough to think otherwise.

You can't just say that. Some of those blokes will have decent jobs, families and responsibilities. It's not as simple as writing them off as poor and uneducated. It's a cultural problem as much as an economic one.

You can't just say that. Some of those blokes will have decent jobs, families and responsibilities. It's not as simple as writing them off as poor and uneducated. It's a cultural problem as much as an economic one.

It is the middle of the week. Who the hell can take time out of their schedule to pop down to France other than the low paid part-timers, unemployed or the rich?

Anyone with a job and holiday to spare. How are these people paying for the hotels, transport, beer and tickets? It's not cheap.

I've spent a shit ton of my time in the job centre. What I am saying is not unfounded.

If you don't think the people causing most of the shit aren't a particular subset of the population then you clearly haven't spent enough time around them. They're usually the loudest, most aggressive, and quick to blame others for their problems (immigrants and the EU are the big boogeyman as of right now).

T-Rex.

Banned
I think the media are hyping it up a tad. Most of these payers know each other so they know there's mind games to be played, it's always more fun when you're winding someone you know up. Bale smiled when he replied "None" to the question "Which English players would would get into the Wales side". He knew it's what the press wanted to hear.

None of these players should need headline clippings pinned to dressing room walls to get them motivated. If representing your country at a major tournament against the buggers across the border doesn't get your metaphorical fire burning, then they deserve to be knocked out.
Good point, it's just banter. I don't know on your second point though, working under Hodgosaurus is enough to demotivate anyone lmao.

Start Sturridge pls Roy.

T-Rex.

Banned
3-1 England ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It'll be interesting to see how Rooney does today. He played well against Russia - better than I was expecting - but they are awful. They gave him all the time on the ball to do whatever he wanted and didn't even try to close him down, and I can't see Wales doing similar.

Toughest thing about today is whether to go to the pub and inevitably rolling in at somepoint tomorrow morning, or be good and have a few cans at home

One of the biggest games of the group stages at 2 in the afternoon on a Thursday is such a stupid idea. Most people are either stuck at school or work.

How are people watching the match? Gonna try using my phone at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom