• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I start work at 3pm, so I'll watch the first half just fine, 2nd half I'll bring up on the 3rd screen ( we have a 3 screen set up) if the boss isn't in.

jelly

Knowing Sterling will be playing again is tempering my excitement for the game. Vardy must be pissed.

He is, lol. England are hilarious. I always wondered if players on sidelines are watching thinking, how the hell am I not playing instead of that! or we're not playing well because Rooney is pushing us all out of position because he has to be in the team and speaking of which, he will get found out when players don't give him a week to pick his passes like the Russia game.

Coffinhal

Who do you think are attending matches in France during the week? It is the poor and unemployed. Base the Euros or WC further away (where it is more expensive) and you'll get way less dick heads./QUOTE]

Did you see the price of the tickets and hotels ? Believing that only the poor and unemployed can be violent is called social racism and is terribly dumb. There's obviously nothing to support your claim (maybe your "experience"), if you'd read sociology papers about hooliganism you'd know the social class doesn't matter when you're in the group and therefore is it diversified. But ignorant people like you just live with their clichés, you're in the same category as the racists and xenophobes who believe that all immigrants are violent, chiefs, criminals, assassins, rapists and terrorists.

you're lucky the mods didn't see your shit

woen

I remain unconvinced that France can win this tournament.

Every supposedly big team is having trouble against mid or small teams. Every manager is saying this and the players are reporting it too. The level is high so I don't know how we could say "this one couldn't win". Most importantly, France knows how to end matches, is flexible and the mood in the team is great. Tactics can be adjusted. Hell, they did it for this game by trying 4-2-3-1 for the first half.

Biggest threat would be Italy, their defence with 3 players of Turin who know each others + the 5/2 defensive block when being attacked could win tournaments.

IuejNrn.gif

DAT coaching

Lego Boss

Big day for football in my family. ENG V WAL at 1400, then POL V GER at 2000.

My wife is Polish so she is well excited for their own local Derby (and then against Ukraine next week).

I think Poland could give the Uber alles a game

2-2?

cantona222

What are you confused about?

I always forget the details of:

What are the countries inside UK?
What are the countries inside great Britain?
Which Ireland is the independent one?
Why in the Olympics there is Britain team and other competitions they are divided?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As shit as Turkey were (ffs!), Croatia should be in that discussion. They looked solid.

Pre-tournament I was saying Germany, Spain, Belgium.

Now I'm saying Croatia, Germany, Italy.

Agreed. If anything, I think Croatia had the second highest level shown so far. Small sample, admittedly.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I always forget the details of:

What are the countries inside UK?
What are the countries inside great Britain?
Which Ireland is the independent one?
Why in the Olympics there is Britain team and other competitions they are divided?

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
The above except Northern Ireland
The Republic of Ireland
The Olympics only allows countries to compete. Most other competitions are usually organised by the relevant associations and for historical reasons (the UK invented most of this stuff) the associations were set up at a time when there was more distinction between the four countries. So, the Home Nations compete separately in UEFA because they have separate associations.

Can see England losing today.

Yes, but after years of being an Arsenal fan I've gotten into the habit of preparing for the worst and occasionally still being disappointed. So if England lose I'll be indifferent. I feel sorry for Joe Hart at times because I think he's very good and seems genuine in his drive and desire to win things for England, but he can only do so much

A draw or Wales win.

Wales look more like a team, a unit with the passion, excitement and "OMFG WE ARE REALLY HERE?" feeling.

England, as they always have looked to me, look they are going through the motions and any victories happen because they are better on paper and just fumble through, not because they are well organised, not because of team ethic and not because of raw effort.

Also of all 22 players on the pitch, Bale is the only WORLD CLASS player. So Wales have the game changer. England don't.

milanbaros

Member?
Yes, but after years of being an Arsenal fan I've gotten into the habit of preparing for the worst and occasionally still being disappointed. So if England lose I'll be indifferent. I feel sorry for Joe Hart at times because I think he's very good and seems genuine in his drive and desire to win things for England, but he can only do so much

Yeah. Probably only top tier England player. Wales have Bale. Hopefully a good match up.

Facism

Gold Member
As shit as Turkey were (ffs!), Croatia should be in that discussion. They looked solid.

Pre-tournament I was saying Germany, Spain, Belgium.

Now I'm saying Croatia, Germany, Italy.

Croatia are a legitimately great team. They were unlucky to only get away with 1 goal.

We're still stuck with charlatan Fatih Termite and his nepotism in picking a shithound player like Inan over Sahin and playing shit tactics.

Why would you play Inan out of position? Better yet, why would you play Inan at all? The man doesn't know what a forward pass is and acts like a virgin finding the vagina for the first time whenever he comes under pressure from opposing players.

Baffling how they went from that great team setup in the last 3 qualifying games to this nonsense.

iceatcs

You feel the police are antagonizing? Really interested to hear of your experience if you can spare the time.

Well to be fair, first, I'm very very surprised how many English and Welsh people hanging around in Lille. We come from Amsterdam for a short trip. We decide to stay there for eat and some foods because Lens might not much around.

It is bad timing that there is also Russian fans in the city. No wonder the cops are on alert, but they become more hostile each time. It has more pointless use of the tear gas because there are a lot of innocent bystanders become piss off then more bunch of bad-mood.
Some of the tear gas appeared random on non-incidents which it is very annoy.

Tear gas and drink don't mix well.

Got out by the train to Lens last night before dark.
Just smoke a fat J from the dam on the Lens street, and current having a quick lunch then off to the match.

liquidtmd

Banned
Just stuck £20 on Wales @ 5/1 and I rarely bet

England continually disappoint and I live on the Welsh border. Watching Wales and England in their first matches, goddamn I want Wales to have it today

PatjuhR

The starting line-up isn't that bad actually. Altough I'd do it differently.

But his real problem previous game were his subs.

Beefy

I've spent a shit ton of my time in the job centre. What I am saying is not unfounded.

If you don't think the people causing most of the shit aren't a particular subset of the population then you clearly haven't spent enough time around them. They're usually the loudest, most aggressive, and quick to blame others for their problems (immigrants and the EU are the big boogeyman as of right now).

Judging people because you went to a Job Centre isn't a good thing. It's why many including myself (when I was on ESA) hate going to the Job Centre. A lot of people that work at a Job Centre look down on people that have to go there, while it is the minority that cause the trouble. To simply go it is the poor that cause the trouble is wrong.

I have seen plenty of people of all walks of life who act like twats when drunk. It isn't anything to do with how much money you have.

Well to be fair, first, I'm very very surprised how many English and Welsh people hanging around in Lille. We come from Amsterdam for a short trip. We decide to stay there for eat and some foods because Lens might not much around.

It is bad timing that there is also Russian fans in the city. No wonder the cops are on alert, but they become more hostile each time. It has more pointless use of the tear gas because there are a lot of innocent bystanders become piss off then more bunch of bad-mood.
Some of the tear gas appeared random on non-incidents which it is very annoy.

Tear gas and drink don't mix well.

Got out by the train to Lens last night before dark.
Just smoke a fat J from the dam on the Lens street, and current having a quick lunch then off to the match.
Alright mate, glad you're okay then, sounds like a shit situation. Enjoy the game - who're you supporting?

I'm Welsh and i'm not expecting a win if i'm honest. It would be nice but i think it's a pipe dream. Wales always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory so i expect either a drubbing from the start or a last minute goal from the English.

Of course, i'll be bloody ecstatic if we do win!

Tektonic

As a long-term English born fan, living in Australia, I am totally expectant of England being just good enough to make me foolishly think they have a chance. Then they'll lose.

But: we seem to be doing better and cricket and rugby, so we just need to get rid of Woy and hire an Aussie and we will be all good.

Undead

Before the tournament started, I didn't really care that we (Scotland) were the only UK team that didn't qualify but after now seeing everyone play, I feel a bit disappointed, for the first time ever we may have made it past the group stage

England unchanged

Not surpised, the wheels fell off when Rooney was subbed, Although I'm surprised a new striker wasn't brought in.

Judging people because you worked in a Job Centre isn't a good thing. It's why many including myself (when I was on ESA) hate going to the Job Centre. A lot of people that work at a Job Centre look down on people that have to go there, while it is the minority that cause the trouble. To simply go it is the poor that cause the trouble is wrong.

I'm a Cardiff City fan, one of our more "notorious" hooligans from back in the day was the son of a wealthy local businessman. Hooligans come from all backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom