• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was ridiculous, he had no right to shoot from there, let alone score.

Admittedly England were the better team in the 1st half, but goals win games, not possession. Just hope Wales can see this out, would be an incredible achievement.

Maximus P

I'm not too deeply invested in this game. But I want to see England come out and destroy Wales in the next 45...if only to hear Savage implode.

I can't decide which is worse: England under Hodgson, or the idea that at this very moment Pardew is probably emailing his CV off to the FA.

I don't think I could handle Pardew's persona as England manager. He tries to talk in platitudes and self-congratulatory sentences so often, and he doesn't exactly feel like an exciting manager. I'm not sure there's any english manager who I'd feel particularly excited about becoming England manager.

Audioboxer

Struck well by Bale but that was a mistake by Hart.

No penalty clearly not intentional.

Lol Sterling and Kane. Both have been playing shite. Get them off.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
some third place teams go through right? I forget the format of this tourney.

The top 4 of 6 teams in third place go through. England just has to do better than Russia (they really should) and then have a bit of luck. Depends how badly they do against Slovakia.

Makeda

England - New team but same results...

Same manager same results :p

I'm still trying to work out what exactly Rooney is doing meandering around the midfield without much threat whatsoever...

At least we finally have Sturridge and Vardy on now - Last chance saloon lets have it!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is Sterling the best UK has? And I complain about Aguero...

He's not, Roy just continues playing him for reasons nobody can understand.

England has a strong collection of players, perhaps on paper the 4th or 5th best of health tournament. They're just strung together by a total incompetent who has left out some key components.

and some midfielders who can hold the ball, and some strikers who can hit the target from the 6 yard box.

This as well... though I'd like to start with the keeper since it's been problematic for the longest time.

I can't decide which is worse: England under Hodgson, or the idea that at this very moment Pardew is probably emailing his CV off to the FA.

I can't stop shaking my head. I swear, my day is ruined if we lose this match.

I don't think I could handle Pardew's persona as England manager. He tries to talk in platitudes and self-congratulatory sentences so often, and he doesn't exactly feel like an exciting manager. I'm not sure there's any english manager who I'd feel particularly excited about becoming England manager.

Personally, I think they need to go for a big name established coach from outside of England. Someone who has won at the highest international level. Or even get Wenger.

Someone who isn't going to be hung up about any personas and is a winner and has some progressive tactics and mentality for the game. Not the same old English managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom