• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

England are going to always fail until they hire a manager who gives no fucks what the media says and picks his own side based on form and how he wants the team to play. We will be seeing this lot of players for at least 3-4 more tournaments.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Hodgson finally waking the fuck up. Now let's have a nice 1-1 so I can feel satisfied either way.

Sterling has been a massive flop all season and gets picked for England. As well as Rooney playing as the lynchpin of the team it tells you everything you need to know about Roy Hodgson. Should have been sacked years ago. Scrap that, shouldn't have been given the job in the first place. Luckiest manager in football.

Personally, I think they need to go for a big name established coach from outside of England. Someone who has won at the highest international level. Or even get Wenger.

Someone who isn't going to be hung up about any personas and is a winner and has some progressive tactics and mentality for the game. Not the same old English managers.

I agree. For so long there was this talk about needing an english manager, then the wheeler dealer himself dodged or evade tax - i can never remember which - and basically ruled himself out of it...and there isn't anyone else at a particular level. I don't think Wenger would want to take on another big coaching job at his age, I think he'll see out his Arsenal contract then move upstairs.

I feel Simeone would be good because he'd kick te shit out of some players and suffer no fools but I don't think he'd take the job for a second. If Ancellotti hadn't gone to Bayern I'd like him

CrayToes

Meh. Will wait to see how this unfold, but not impressed by the lack of chemistry between English midfielders and strikers.

And Wales will be pumped and playing with confidence.

That's because England's midfield is distinctly average. Their strikers will need to carry them.

GeeTeeCee

No England fan really believes we will win any game, sometimes we get presently surprised. Being an England fan = being a pessimist

As a Newcastle fan, pessimism and the steadfast belief that we'll never win a game is a skill I've honed well during the league season.

Shito

tuning in.............. wow I missed the goal. Was it a nice one?

England 0-1 Wales

untitled-2vqkhr.gif
untitled-311bl3.gif

untitled-4etbqt.gif
:)

Syder

This is like that anime trope where someone takes off their weighted clothing.

England were deliberately handicapping themselves by playing Sterling and Kane.

Now Vardy is going to go Super Saiyan.

knavish

we arent salty we knew this was going to happen. this is exactly whats expected when an owl impersonates a football manager

Damerman

we arent salty we knew this was going to happen. this is exactly whats expected when an owl impersonates a football manager

Looooooooooool. Im dying at work.

I agree. For so long there was this talk about needing an english manager, then the wheeler dealer himself dodged or evade tax - i can never remember which - and basically ruled himself out of it...and there isn't anyone else at a particular level. I don't think Wenger would want to take on another big coaching job at his age, I think he'll see out his Arsenal contract then move upstairs.

I feel Simeone would be good because he'd kick te shit out of some players and suffer no fools but I don't think he'd take the job for a second. If Ancellotti hadn't gone to Bayern I'd like him

Simeone would be great but he would want some club success with Athletico before he leave there I reckon.

I thought Klopp would have been a very good fit for the England team. Or Benitez.

Whoever it is, they need to speak fluent English too. Im not sure about Simeone.

Irminsul

German commentator seems to have forgotten that there's another match, keeps talking how England is out if they lose.
Well, then it probably was a good idea to stick with the Austrian commentators after Steffen Simon was perplexed about Romania's pen yesterday...

if Williams isn't rugby tackling him :p

At times we can feel a bit Arsenal-y in that we try to walk it in, but I guess with Kane off I'm not sure we've got anyone who's really good from 30+ yards out?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Watching Roys England doesn't make me want to sack him, it makes me want to let him have the job for life and just give up on English football all together.

JP

We're hardly looking like the greatest team in the world but it's good tosee Wales looking a bit more poitive this half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom