• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the officiating of this game so far, minimum to no cards yet (correct?)

I also think that wasn't a hand ball, refs keeping the pace of the game alive... Here's to not jinxing it with a bad call

Yeah but unelss we have robots ref'ing the games its all about someone's interpretations of the rules and I'm not sure you could ever guess if it was deliberate or not. You certainly couldn't trust many players to honestly answer

Yes, obviously it's subjective. What are the odds he calculated the ball bouncing off his head like that and striking the ball with his hands within a fraction of a second later not even looking in its direction? Claiming this was intentional is delusional. See Iniesta vs Atletico in the CL quarters for intentional handball.

Jabo

I'd rather he brought on Milner instead of Alli
wtzgU.gif

Baleoce

Vardy Sturridge and Rashford. Godamn.

Although.. Lallana has been one of their best players so in that sense I'm sort of confused.

Syder

Lallana's been decent today has to be said but we've got to go for it and Rashford has pace and energy in abundance.

El Topo

That's not what the rules say but eh.

I think there seems to be some confusion about this, at least regarding how I used the terminology, given that I'm not a native speaker. An unnatural hand movement is deliberate and therefore can certainly count as a 'deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand' (as required on p.119), as e.g. increasing your "surface" with full knowledge that it may hit the ball. Whether that is the case here, i.e. whether the unnatural or careless movement was a deliberate act to hit the ball is debatable, of course.

Bale is a monster when it comes to winning headers.

Bale feels like one of those few players from the UK who got hyped to heaven and back but is actually good enough to back it up. I don't think Wales are a one man team but he is capable of dragging them through a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom